Sign in to follow this  
themistercat

Fast Travel Script

Hey guys, I'm working on a mission and in this mission I want the players to be able to fast travel to different positions on the map. I have a spawn menu for when a player dies, but I want the players to be able to access this menu without respawning. Any ideas?

Picture of the menu I'm talking about:

bnTthSl.jpg

Any ideas? Anyone?

You could try placing

respawnOnStart = 1;

on your description.ext.

Taken from this link : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

// 1 to respawn player when he joins the game. Available only for INSTANT and BASE respawn types.

respawnOnStart = 1;

Hope that helps

Regards

Seed

You should investigate the "sites" modules / functions /scripts that come associated...

As they have an 'interactive' option... That (i believe) allows you to teleport to 'owned' bases.

Alternatively you could just lay those down near your 'area' and all the work is already done for you...

I'd point you closer than that, but when it comes to actually going into the config/inner workings of modules it's not something i'm too shit-hot on :)

Failing that, if you've already got the rest setup you're simply looking to use "addAction" to attach the scroll wheel action to the flag no?

I don't quite understand how to use that module to teleport, after a I create the site then how do I teleport to it?

*cough*

I dont even know why i said that it was possible... I used that module recently and i guess for some reason i was sure you could.

Sorry?

Sorry dude i'm the propoganda monster today, spreading disinformation amongst an innocent forum populace...

...Keep it on the down low but i hear arma 4 is out next week.

*eats cyanide*

Personally i've never used the new arma 3 respawn templates system so i don't really know jack about that... Wish i could help sorry :)

Lol no problem man, I think I might have a hacky solution, I'll make the scroll menu kill the player (with setdamage 1) so that he can access the respawn menu., but how would I make the script affect the player who activated it?

Can't they just hit "Escape" and then "Respawn"?

Lol no problem man, I think I might have a hacky solution, I'll make the scroll menu kill the player (with setdamage 1) so that he can access the respawn menu., but how would I make the script affect the player who activated it?

Take a look at the strategic map. You can add "missions" that execute files. It can act as a fast travel script quite easily. Keep in mind its client side, but shouldn't be a problem for setPos'ing.

Here's my code, its more modularized but you can set it easily. Just depends whether you want static points or you want to add to it. My script rebuilds my side missions each time so you can do that to detect which points they can travel to or just have a predefined point.

[color="#FF8040"]availableSideMissions [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] availableSideMissions [color="#8B3E2F"][b]+[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color]
	[color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getPos[/b][/color] [color="#1874CD"]_obj[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] EVO_fnc_sm_attackMil[color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"Reinforce NATO Recon Element"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"OPFOR squads have discovered our forward recon units. They're sending squads to seek and destroy our men, get out there and help them!"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]""[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#1874CD"]_img[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]1[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

[color="#FF8040"][color="#191970"][b]private[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_randomMission"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_parentDisplay"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_mapCenter"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_ORBAT"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_markers"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_images"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_overcast"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_isNight"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_scale"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_simul"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]

[color="#191970"][b]disableSerialization[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_randomMission[/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] availableSideMissions [color="#191970"][b]call[/b][/color] BIS_fnc_selectRandom[color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_parentDisplay[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]call[/b][/color] bis_fnc_displayMission[color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_mapCenter[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#1874CD"]_randomMission[/color] [color="#191970"][b]select[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_ORBAT[/color] 		[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_markers[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_images[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_overcast[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]overcast[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_isNight[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]![/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]daytime[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]>[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]6[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]&[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]&[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]daytime[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]<[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]20[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_scale[/color]		[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]100[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_simul[/color]		[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]true[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]

[color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color]
[color="#191970"][b]findDisplay[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]46[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_mapCenter[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
availableSideMissions[color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_ORBAT[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_markers[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_images[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_overcast[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_isNight[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_scale[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_simul[/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]call[/b][/color] Bis_fnc_strategicMapOpen[color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

Take a look at the strategic map. You can add "missions" that execute files. It can act as a fast travel script quite easily. Keep in mind its client side, but shouldn't be a problem for setPos'ing.

Here's my code, its more modularized but you can set it easily. Just depends whether you want static points or you want to add to it. My script rebuilds my side missions each time so you can do that to detect which points they can travel to or just have a predefined point.

[color="#FF8040"]availableSideMissions [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] availableSideMissions [color="#8B3E2F"][b]+[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color]
	[color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]getPos[/b][/color] [color="#1874CD"]_obj[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] EVO_fnc_sm_attackMil[color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"Reinforce NATO Recon Element"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"OPFOR squads have discovered our forward recon units. They're sending squads to seek and destroy our men, get out there and help them!"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]""[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#1874CD"]_img[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#FF0000"]1[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

[color="#FF8040"][color="#191970"][b]private[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_randomMission"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_parentDisplay"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_mapCenter"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_ORBAT"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_markers"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_images"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_overcast"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_isNight"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_scale"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"_simul"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]

[color="#191970"][b]disableSerialization[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_randomMission[/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] availableSideMissions [color="#191970"][b]call[/b][/color] BIS_fnc_selectRandom[color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_parentDisplay[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]call[/b][/color] bis_fnc_displayMission[color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_mapCenter[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#1874CD"]_randomMission[/color] [color="#191970"][b]select[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]0[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_ORBAT[/color] 		[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_markers[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_images[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_overcast[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]overcast[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_isNight[/color] 	[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]![/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]daytime[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]>[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]6[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]&[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]&[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]daytime[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]<[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]20[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_scale[/color]		[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]100[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_simul[/color]		[color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#000000"]true[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]

[color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color]
[color="#191970"][b]findDisplay[/b][/color] [color="#FF0000"]46[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_mapCenter[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
availableSideMissions[color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_ORBAT[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_markers[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_images[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_overcast[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_isNight[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_scale[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]_simul[/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]call[/b][/color] Bis_fnc_strategicMapOpen[color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

I have no idea how to work that, and it need to work in MP

And is there no simple way to just open the respawn menu?

Edited by TheMisterCat

I have seen a few missions made with static objects created that are teleports maybe you can implement static teleports within the mission

this was a repost It didn't appear to work earlier.

Edited by Breeze

Theres "Bis_fnc_strategicMapOpen" to open the strategic map so there should be one for this other menu

There's a "bis_fnc_showRespawnMenu" and "BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition", but I haven't figured out how to call them yet.....

Could also just use mmc which works well and does alot of other good stuff

Could also just use mmc which works well and does alot of other good stuff

If you're talking about mcc, that won't work because I'm making this mission for Public servers.

This might help, the revive template uses this code snippet to show the menu after the player dies or suicides:

if ({_x == "MenuPosition"} count _templates > 0) then {if (alive _unit) then {[_unit, nil, nil, nil, true] call BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition} else {[_unit, nil, nil, nil, true] spawn BIS_fnc_respawnMenuInventory}};

This might help, the revive template uses this code snippet to show the menu after the player dies or suicides:

if ({_x == "MenuPosition"} count _templates > 0) then {if (alive _unit) then {[_unit, nil, nil, nil, true] call BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition} else {[_unit, nil, nil, nil, true] spawn BIS_fnc_respawnMenuInventory}};

Tried to figure out a way to do it using that, I couldn't get it working, btw I also found this script which uses the menu too(http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171008-Need-help-on-simple-revive-script), I don't know how to get that one working too though.

Tried to figure out a way to do it using that, I couldn't get it working, btw I also found this script which uses the menu too(http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171008-Need-help-on-simple-revive-script), I don't know how to get that one working too though.

What happens when you run this:

[player, nil, nil, nil, true] call BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition

What happens when you run this:

[player, nil, nil, nil, true] call BIS_fnc_respawnMenuPosition

I added that to a trigger and it just teleports me randomly to one of my respawn markers (Respawn_West_1, Respawn_West_2, Etc). No menu :(

Edited by TheMisterCat