Sign in to follow this  
FrankManic

Bug with Marksman: Players freeze when reloading while prone

Sometimes when players are A.) Prone B.) Using one of the weapons introduced with Marksman and C.) reloading they will freeze and be unable to move or control their character in any way.

We've been able to fix it by either shooting the player and reviving them using INS Revive or having the player reconnect.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this bug. The server I play on runs a lot of mods and I wanted to check if this was an issue with other players using vanilla or other mod setups before we go through all the mods one by one to see which one is causing the problems.

So, again; Has anyone experienced a bug where players using Marksman DLC weapons reload while prone and are then unable to move or control their character?

Hi, yeah I've been having this issue for few weeks now, I was talking to someone in another thread about it and they thought it was related to Virtual arsenal mods but i removed all of them and i still have the problem.

I'm going through my mods one by one to see if i can find the cause of the problem, i usually only play single player so its not server related....

Guys... this is related to an animation mod... for me it was tpw mod anim speed. Pbo. If u don't use tpw then it is another mod adjusting the animations. Tpw updated his mod so if u r running the older non marksmen tpw mod then u can just delete out that pbo and the mod will still work. If u don't use tpw it is another mod but I'm pretty sure it's animation related... hope that helps..

• Like 1

Yeah, i finally found the problem mod, you were right it was an animation mod.....(the second to last one had to check, typical) it was an old sway reducing mod...

It stopped the Ai from reloading and thats when they got stuck....

Thanks for the help mate ...

• Like 1

Update: My server admin and I were trying to sort this out today. We eventually settled on AGM weapon rest as the most likely culprit. I suppose it makes sense, now that there's native resting there's no reason to have AGM weapon resting as well. So far we haven't been able to reproduce the bug since removing AGM weapon rest from the server and the clients.

• Like 1

I am having this issue, I know I am late. I also used a script in a private game to allow me to go fast. I am getting this laying down frequently on any server. Please show me how to wipe my documents clean, or fix this. Thanks

I know this is an old thread but I've had a recurring*freeze*problem with sniper/marksman rifles for awhile until now.Before I finally broke down & started troubleshooting I was under the impression it was the particular weapon mod itself(so I dropped it)then I thought it might be devbranch so I switched back to stable(wasn't it so).Well,I have finally nailed it much to my dismay cause I've gotten used to this mod..Bad Benson's Enhanced Movement.Of course it might just depend on which weapon mod is used in conjunction with EM but for my sake I'm running NiArsenal/SMA & sometimes Breaking Point and with EM disabled I know longer have the freeze problem.I had  an anti-sway mod loaded but after disabling it  problem was still there..so that's when I looked at EM.It's taken me 3 hours  enabling/disabling mod for mod to straighten it out.  

I remember that, a couple years back (?) I was playing someone's campaign and kept freezing in certain positions, I thought it was a campaign bug until I figured out it was the Enhanced Movement mod. What a shame, it's a really nice mod, but I stopped using it.

Not only does it affect reloading rifles I also have a problem reloading GLs. But I still use EM,just on Ravage missions, to climb walls & other obstacles.Otherwise,it's a looong walk going around fences.

SO. ok i got a new computer and YES. i got the flippin prone problem. BUT... my workaround is, testing the rifles first. Only SOME of them have the bug.

MOCAP_noidle_all.pbo caused this frozed AI error when he reload in prone position,simply delete this pbo and all works again