Sign in to follow this  
bismember

Disable startup logo and set the world

Guys, I want to:

1) completely remove the logo screen which is displayed first when you start arma 2. For Arma 2 it is "Arma II" picture, for ACE mod it is a skull with arrows. I don't want this to display at all, how to remove it? I used -noSplash, -skipIntro, but it's still there

- Or maybe I can replace a picture with some other custom image?

2) I want to load a world at startup but I don't know how it is called. That one where you see ships in the sea on main menu screen.

Yeah, thanks, regardless that I told that I tried it all and that this wiki page is the most popular page everyone refers to, you must be think I'm an idiot that I haven't looked through that article before asking my question. Looks like you don't read descriptions to topics

Edited by bismember
Waiting the whole day for the community to help, hello?

Yeah, thanks, regardless that I told that I tried it all and that this wiki page is the most popular page everyone refers to, you must be think I'm an idiot that I haven't looked through that article before asking my question. Looks like you don't read descriptions to topics

Perhaps a more polite response would have been better, your response is rude and uncalled for. The information you require can be found on that wiki page.

Sorry Bismember I had posted it quickly assuming you haven't seen it yet, and I was in the middle of fixing a computer problem waiting for something,

so I'm here to help if I can.

For the ACE loading screen if your running ACE mod you'll need to remove the ace file that shows the UI, or build a config to overwrite

it i dont have the mod installed so you'll need to look in the addons folder of @ACE and look for a file named ACE_UI or something with UI in it

UI stands for user interface.

Or maybe I can replace a picture with some other custom image?

Yes you can do this heres a tutorial i put together to do just that:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121674-How-to-build-a-Loading-screen-with-logo-Tutorial

If you need help with this let me know, just decide on a pic you want to be loaded and we can go from there.

2) I want to load a world at startup but I don't know how it is called. That one where you see ships in the sea on main menu screen.

You want this -world=Utes

this will only load after the initial loading screen, so if you replace the loading screen then after the menu will show with the ships using that parameter.

Perhaps a more polite response would have been better, your response is rude and uncalled for. The information you require can be found on that wiki page.

I wasn't offending the answerer. Yes, my response was rude, but not what you think.

I just was disappointed after waiting the whole day. I really can't enjoy Arma when it starts with this stupid ACE logo: skull and arrows crossed behind it, like an arcade game for kids about killing thousands of zombies, not a military sim...

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Yes you can do this heres a tutorial i put together to do just that...

Do you say that the logo is stored in paa file and if I find it I can simply replace it with my own file? I really would like to just replace it with original Arma 2 OA logo, but I don't know how to make it do it. I found a few *ui* files but... uff, it's really mess for me those cpp, paa, pbo files...

Oh, and btw, Utes didn't show ships, only Utes island, land... Then I removed -skipIntro command and it gave music to the main menu and now it shows those ships. I like it now, but there is still that annoying ace splash screen...

Edited by bismember

Remove this file ace_c_ui_background.pbo from the @ACE addons folder to remove the ACE loading screen.

However when you do that, unless you replace that screen with a new pic then it will be a black screen.

With the parameter -world=utes then when you arrive on the menu you will get the ships.

For the new loading screen pic send me a pic of what you want and I can put it into a config that will

load the pic instead of the black screen.

Remove this file ace_c_ui_background.pbo from the @ACE addons folder to remove the ACE loading screen.

However when you do that, unless you replace that screen with a new pic then it will be a black screen.

With the parameter -world=utes then when you arrive on the menu you will get the ships.

For the new loading screen pic send me a pic of what you want and I can put it into a config that will

load the pic instead of the black screen.

I don't want to bother you too much with rebuilding pbo files. If I can just replace this pbo with an original OA pbo it would be ok. If not, I'll just leave it empty. Do you know what is original pbo file and where is it?

Your already running that pbo, thing is theres nothing to define what pic is to be loaded in replace of the ACE loading screen,

so I have a config, just need a pic of what you want.

This pic http://i.imgur.com/GBmSuJm.jpg is an OA loading screen pic, would you want this or another one?

Your already running that pbo, thing is theres nothing to define what pic is to be loaded in replace of the ACE loading screen,

so I have a config, just need a pic of what you want.

This pic http://i.imgur.com/GBmSuJm.jpg is an OA loading screen pic, would you want this or another one?

http://ttgvideo2.blob.core.windows.net/game-7/7191/logo.jpg

Ok thanks, I will convert that to paa and see if I can get it into game for you, will be back in an hour as i need to go somewhere, so i'll do it after i get back.

Just a note, no need to quote me when my post is above yours.

Alright bismember heres the situation I'm unable to get my config to load the pic you linked me while running ACE.

Loading screen however loads np with the vanilla game, so at this point I really cant help you, I had tried several tests with the UI and background

changing code and ect,. but to no avail, all i get is a black screen and then the ships like you wanted on the menu.

I never understood how to overwrite another mod's loading screen with mine, as I did try it in the past with my own mods I built.

One thing I did try is swap out the Ace starting screen with the new pic and see if it would load that, while maintaining the same code,

and that didn't work, I dont get it.

Heres my config i built that works np in vanilla:

class CfgPatches
{
class Arma2_loadingscreen
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAUI"};
	version = "5-8-2015";
	fileName = "Arma2_loadingscreen.pbo";
	author = "Gunter Severloh";
};
};
class RscStandardDisplay;
class RscPicture;
class RscPictureKeepAspect;
class RscDisplayStart: RscStandardDisplay
{
class controls
{
	class LoadingPic: RscPictureKeepAspect
	{
		text = "\Arma2_loadingscreen\Arma2logo.paa";
	};
};
};

Arma2logo.paa being the pic to be loaded.

Now that did not work with ACE, so I thought what if i used the actual loading screen file for ace and just swap the paa's, so heres the config for that:

RscDisplayStart.hpp

// Generated by unRap v1.06 by Kegetys

class RscDisplayStart : RscStandardDisplay {
class controls {
	class LoadingPic : RscPictureKeepAspect {
		text = "\x\ace\addons\c_ui_background\data\Arma2_logo.paa";
	};
};
};

That config did not work either, again I dont get it.

Now if someone who knows configs better then I can see whats wrong with my config or what I did with ace's

Could it be the need for a required addon? for ace's I would think not as I just edited the existing file, for mine possibly.

Can anyone who knows configs enlighten me as to what the issue is, I'd like to learn especially for my own mods I built that dont have loading screens.

Well, that's a big job you've done and thank you for your attempt.. Looks like I can only stay with what I currently have done - I just removed that *ui*.pbo file from ace and it always asks for it but then loads the game and ok, at least I avoid that stupid picture. I also don't understand why -nosplash doesn't work. It would be an easy way. This current issue that you are asking about, config issue I mean, maybe create a new thread, because it looks like something strange.

You know, Ace team doing good job but they are trying too hard... E.g. to make it more realistic they removed remaining rounds count in the weapon. It's ok for magazines, I can understand it, but they even removed grenades count so you don't even know how many grenades you have... This is absurd, soldiers always know ho many grenades they have...

Thank you.

But -nosplash if i remember correctly is specific for the Bis, and company logos, and wont effect mod related logos or pics, cant say but my assumption as to why it doesn't work.

As for ACE team the mod is done, and they moved on long ago, remnants of them I am assuming are working on the ACE3 version (Arma3).