jonbons

Enhanced Launchers - Sound and AI Mod

Enhanced Launchers - Sound and AI Mod

Description:
This mods the vanilla RPG 42 rockets (and any mods that inherit from them) to include a fly-by/whistle sound and it also modifies them to allow for AI to use the round against infantry and air units which when combined with the new sounds create more interesting scenarios in coop.

The mod modifies the following CfgAmmo classnames:
  • R_PG32V_F
  • R_TBG32V_F

The mod adds the following config classnames:

• CfgAmmo
    • R_PG32V_NOMOD_F
    • R_TBG32V_NOMOD_F

[*]CfgMagazines (addMagazine or addMagazineCargo)

• RPG32_NOMOD_F
      • This variant of the RPG 42 AP rocket is NOT allowed to be used against infantry and air units.

[*]RPG32_HE_NOMOD_F

• This variant of the RPG 42 HE rocket is NOT allowed to be used against infantry and air units.

Change log:
v1.1
- separated each functionality of the mod into its own pbo
v1.0
- first release

Downloads:
From source: https://github.com/JonBons/jb_enhanced_launchers/releases

news_download_a3_3.png
Enhanced Launchers

banner-420x120.png

Edited by JonBons
  • Like 2

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@JonBons;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

So AI will fire on hovered helicopters or even try to fire on them while flying?

So AI will fire on hovered helicopters or even try to fire on them while flying?

Yes they will do both.

EDIT:

I'll probably look into updating this to separate each part of the mod into its own PBO to make this more modular. (Sound changes only, infantry only, air only, etc.)

Edited by JonBons

Updated download link with version 1.1 which separates each part of the mod into its own pbo.

The update has the following pbos:

• jb_enhanced_launchers_air - Enables RPG 42 rounds to be used against Air type units.
  • jb_enhanced_launchers_infantry - Enables RPG 42 rounds to be used against Infantry type units.
  • jb_enhanced_launchers_mags - Adds the NOMOD magazines for mission maker's choice.
  • jb_enhanced_launchers_sounds - Enables RPG 42 fly-by sounds.

Download: https://github.com/JonBons/jb_enhanced_launchers/releases/tag/v1.1

Yes they will do both.

EDIT:

I'll probably look into updating this to separate each part of the mod into its own PBO to make this more modular. (Sound changes only, infantry only, air only, etc.)

Both? fantastic! can't wait to see how it works, but do they fire on flying helicopters so accurate? if yes, so I think this make environment too dangerous for helicopters, doesn't?

Is there any chance you can make this mod compatible with the RHS RPG7 had ago myself but it didn't work for me, not much of a modder

"Both? fantastic! can't wait to see how it works, but do they fire on flying helicopters so accurate? if yes, so I think this make environment too dangerous for helicopters, doesn't?"

The accuracy of the unit is down to the mission/server and in my experience with the mod they are quite inaccurate with the setting I use.

Edited by maxedeson
Added quote

Is there any chance you can make this mod compatible with the RHS RPG7 had ago myself but it didn't work for me, not much of a modder

I tested the RHS RPG7 with this mod running and everything appears to be working, the sounds and AI changes (rhs already does its own ai changes for infantry/air) are affecting the RHS launchers.

Edited by JonBons

Any chance we can get a scripted version for this? Or maybe get in contact with the ACE 3 team and incorporate it into ACE?

Oh Jon,

While your mods aren't flashy new models or vehicles or maps, there's something to be said about a mod that changes how the game plays with a single infantry behavior change.

Ill take five JonBons mods over the 500+ multicolored weapon packs any day of the week. You the Man!

Any chance we can get a scripted version for this? Or maybe get in contact with the ACE 3 team and incorporate it into ACE?

Scripted version of the sound effect may be easy but I've not looked into it.

Scripting the AI behavior I think would be difficult as I think you would have to create a vehicle that is local to the server without collisions and then attach it to each player or something OR write a script that would force the AI to switch to their RPG and aim and fire at infantry and that may work but this is all speculation based on past experience.

The ACE team I believe already has experience with this exact kind of mod (I was inspired by ACE2's behavioral changes) so they probably already have the sound/ai changes on their roadmap.