Solano

Real Light V5 - ReShade Preset

User Gallery by LordJarhead - Creator of the famous JSRS Sound Mod at

Hehe, thanks for adding^^ Jarhead would've been enough but... alright :D Cool!

Thanks,

LJ

PS: I will keep the album updated with more screens and will make a video for showcasing if you are interested?

PS: I will keep the album updated with more screens and will make a video for showcasing if you are interested?

Oh totally jeah.

You got something special in mind for the video?

I would appreciate it a lot!

I don´t have much time to do one at the moment.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Cheers...

You are welcome - np

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it"!"

Thanks! I am glad you like it!

Well I downloaded your version as shown in the FAQ, and this time it did not the crash the game, further more its looking......pretty :D

Well I downloaded your version as shown in the FAQ, and this time it did not the crash the game, further more its looking......pretty :D

Thank you!

I am happy it is working for you!

Have fun with Real Light V5 :)

I just set sharpness to 1 and #define Exposure 0.450 to 0.400 and now get an error top left ArmA3/ReShade.Fx (1,1) error: 3000 syntax error.

is 0.400 not an okay value?

Is the Reshade package compatible with the AIA Terrain Pack, the reason i ask is, virtually all the screenshots related to Reshade/SweetFX are either Altis/Stratis.

Can someone confirm the results are just as impressive on ported A2 terrain. :thanx:

I just set sharpness to 1 and #define Exposure 0.450 to 0.400 and now get an error top left ArmA3/ReShade.Fx (1,1) error: 3000 syntax error.

Turns out editing the ReShade.Fx file in anyway causes that for me, took it out, replaced it with the original and works again, strange.

No this value should be totally fine!

Maybe you deleted a sign somewhere?

Maybe you left an "s" somewhere from ctrl+s? Happens to me a lot when iterating with configs a lot...

No this value should be totally fine!

Maybe you deleted a sign somewhere?

Maybe you left an "s" somewhere from ctrl+s? Happens to me a lot when iterating with configs a lot...

Odd, don't think so as I tried it 3 or 4 times but meh I'll leave as is looks great regardless!

Any recommendations for Gamma or Bloom besides what is on your website?

Is the Reshade package compatible with the AIA Terrain Pack, the reason i ask is, virtually all the screenshots related to Reshade/SweetFX are either Altis/Stratis.

Can someone confirm the results are just as impressive on ported A2 terrain. :thanx:

Hi evil-organ,

I don´t know what AIA Terrain Pack is. I had a guy once who made some shots on Chernarus in Arma 3 with Real Light and he liked it. I never tried it to be honest.

But as Real Light mostly uses custom gamma for the main effect it shouldn´t be a huge difference for other maps or textures.

The installation is quiet simple as is the deinstallation if you want to give it a try. Here´s a faq I wrote for getting rid of ReShade again.

If you got more questions don´t hesitate to post them here or on my page.

Regards

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Odd, don't think so as I tried it 3 or 4 times but meh I'll leave as is looks great regardless!

If you like I look into your file maybe I can figure out whats wrong.

The recommendations from the Website are in my opinion a good setup for ReShade but as every Monitor Display is of course a bit different you should just use something you feel comfortable with.

Before I did V5 of Real Light I calibrated my monitor especially. Sometimes people see more blue or have green issues and the contrasts can differ too, it´s really hard to give the perfect setting ;)

Edited by Solano

I experienced the same as I tried to edit the ReShade.Fx file. But I didn't tried any further and left it the way it was.

Btw, what you think about something like this? Just a real quick compi of random recordings.

LJ

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

I'd say Bloom 100, DOF and Sharp to 40 ingame and it looks good to me.

Edited by LordJarhead

Btw, what you think about something like this? https://youtu.be/cBEXkwYJI9s Just a real quick compi of random recordings.

I think it is great! The music is well chosen, not too epic for what is shown and not too boring. I like it a lot.

Would only suggest a bit more motion maybe and more city / village environments to present the light a bit better. Oh and an overcast weather and light would be awesome. That is my favourite weather scenario with real light. Don´t want to get greedy here - please don´t get me wrong. Just my thoughts. What do you think?

I think it is great! The music is well chosen, not too epic for what is shown and not too boring. I like it a lot.

Would only suggest a bit more motion maybe and more city / village environments to present the light a bit better. Oh and an overcast weather and light would be awesome. That is my favourite weather scenario with real light. Don´t want to get greedy here - please don´t get me wrong. Just my thoughts. What do you think?

Sure, no problem :) I'm currently stuck with the DFyre development and will take some time there but will certainly to some more motion shots. Actually, as said it was just a quick put-together to see where we stand with out ideas.

LJ

I take the video offline for now ;)

Sure, no problem :) I'm currently stuck with the DFyre development and will take some time there but will certainly to some more motion shots. Actually, as said it was just a quick put-together to see where we stand with out ideas.

LJ

I take the video offline for now ;)

I am really thankful for the video you want to make. I always wanted one for Real Light. I think the video should show different weather and daytime while you walk around like you already did. Liked the time lapse effects as well.

What is DFyre?

Hello again...just gave this a whirl and it's a beautiful thing.....creeping around Chernarus at dawn, the sky heavy with rain and a fog falling...looks spectacular.

What is DFyre?

JSRS DragonFyre, my main project. ;) I'll keep you updated with new screenshots or the video then. We could also discuss this in private later what we exactly have in mind for a cool trailer.

Later mate,

LJ

was planning a little video myself, but alas now its stop working all together, only works every several starts, can't imagine its clashing with mods? Strange i'll plug away at it and see if it works and use those settings LJ gave.

was planning a little video myself, but alas now its stop working all together, only works every several starts, can't imagine its clashing with mods? Strange i'll plug away at it and see if it works and use those settings LJ gave.

I just run the latest stable build, not the dev. Dfyre, CBA, Blastcore, ASR, Astfor Mod are the mods I run along side. No problems so far. If you receive crashes after you edited the ReShade.Fx, maybe you should delete it and use the old/original again? I had this problem myself as I tried ReShade, not Real Light, and I have to completely reinstall ArmA or better said, vanish every single part of the FX mod. After that it was working fine, now with Real Light at least.

LJ

Hello again...just gave this a whirl and it's a beautiful thing.....creeping around Chernarus at dawn, the sky heavy with rain and a fog falling...looks spectacular.

Ah cool! Maybe you can share some screens of it if you have the time. Would like to see how Real Light looks in Chernarus from your perspective.

---------- Post added at 18:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

JSRS DragonFyre, my main project. ;) I'll keep you updated with new screenshots or the video then. We could also discuss this in private later what we exactly have in mind for a cool trailer.

Later mate,

LJ

Ah I see!

Sorry was a bit away from the Arma front the last weeks.

Jeah sure - just drop me a mail[at]videopilot.link if you got the time to talk a bit about it.

Da können wir dann auch deutsch übergehen ;)

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Do you have some kind of recording software running like fraps, dxtory or similiar?

Because that causes crashes for me...

I am not familiar with "usual" Arma mods and can´t say if that is a factor for errors.

But ReShade enters the directx stream and if you share that with other software reshade usually doesn´t like that. Like it is monogamous ;)

If it keeps crashing I just can send you to the official ReShade forum for troubleshooting because I can´t help more unfortunately.

Thanks for the tip, turns out I had to disable battlEye.

Thanks for the tip, turns out I had to disable battlEye.

Oh ok!

So BattlEye still rejects ReShade?!

Oh man...

Oh ok!

So BattlEye still rejects ReShade?!

Oh man...

As far as I can tell as crosire suggested turning it off, I did, ran it multiple times and it worked, turned it back on it died. Least its working though that's the main thing.

Cheers.