Solano

Real Light V5 - ReShade Preset

Ok that's nice but why do we have to install windows platform update to use this if it's only gamma, contrast and color grading?

I wish somebody explained that.

I am not sure if you must install it - for some people who had issues it fixed it.

And ReShade with the Mastereffect can do so much more then I used for my preset. Some things are heavy and some aren´t for the gpu. My goal is that you can play Arma3 like you could before with the least FPS drop possible.

And for the things I mentioned like gamma and colors its really light weight. But it is still ReShade and it needs some base components to run - no matter which effects are used and which are not.

I mean - to keep windows up to date is always a good idea - that is no secret but I don´t know if this one update which helped so many so they can use reshade didn´t came automated via windows update anyway.

Windows 7 is the most stable Version I´ve ever used. I have this platform update and no problems at all. The Rig I use is build by myself also.

But everyone needs to decide for himself if he uses it or not.

But maybe Crosire can explain you why it´s somehow needed.

I am just the driver - he made the entire car.

@Nikoforos

Do you have tried my solution? Download the package from this previous page http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191556-Real-Light-V5-ReShade-Preset&p=2933424&viewfull=1#post2933424

and copy all directly into arma3 folder. Nothing more.

P.S. No fps drop ingame :)

I recommend to use my package from here: http://sh8.videopilot.link/arma3/#download

Its the same preset but with the latest version of ReShade. Same method of installing - just unzip it to the location of your arma3.exe and you are good

Hi Solano, reshade seems to overwrite my driverside 16xAF settings. Is it possible to activate AF in the reshade ini or something similar?

edit: I found a solution. I had to disable AF ingame to get 16xAF to work together with reshade.

P.S. My prefered settings are brightness to 7 and gamma to 9 :)

Edited by JumpingHubert

Hi Solano, reshade seems to overwrite my driverside 16xAF settings. Is it possible to activate AF in the reshade ini or something similar?

edit: I found a solution. I had to disable AF ingame to get 16xAF to work together with reshade.

P.S. My prefered settings are brightness to 7 and gamma to 9 :)

Hi Hubert,

sorry I didn´t get notified via mail for your post.

I am glad you found a solution for it.

Can you guys post more pics before and after? Especially with rainy weather?

hey Solano,

where can i change the sweetFX settings for Arma3 ? with the sweetFX.txt in the arma3 mainfolder or sweetFX.txt in sweetFX folder (what is in the arma3 main folder)

Thx

little correction:

I had to set anisotropic filter to 16x in the GENERAL driver setting (not in the arma3.exe profil) plus ingame AF to "disable" to get it active ingame. AF x16 plus badbensons midrange texture fix plus reshade by solano plus gamma to 9 and brightness to 7......i have to repeat: MINDBLOWING....

compare it: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185359-A-vacation-on-Altis-or-To-Limnos-and-back-again&p=2814313&viewfull=1#post2814313

Can you guys post more pics before and after? Especially with rainy weather?

Hi Nikiforos - here are more comparison screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/2vIi3#0

I made them when i finished the preset but a few rainy weather shots are in there.

Enjoy

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

hey Solano,

where can i change the sweetFX settings for Arma3 ? with the sweetFX.txt in the arma3 mainfolder or sweetFX.txt in sweetFX folder (what is in the arma3 main folder)

Thx

Hi Stephsen,

you can customize the preset via the ReShade.fx file.

There are all the settings included.

---------- Post added at 23:50 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

little correction:

I had to set anisotropic filter to 16x in the GENERAL driver setting (not in the arma3.exe profil) plus ingame AF to "disable" to get it active ingame. AF x16 plus badbensons midrange texture fix plus reshade by solano plus gamma to 9 and brightness to 7......i have to repeat: MINDBLOWING....

compare it: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185359-A-vacation-on-Altis-or-To-Limnos-and-back-again&p=2814313&viewfull=1#post2814313

Thanks again for the compliments Hubert - I am really glad you enjoy it so much. That´s worth all the effort to me.

I will try the AF trick you are mentioning in the next days.

Maybe you could post a screenshot or too of your current Arma 3 look state? I am really curious about your combination of AF and mod and such.

Edited by Solano

Holy crap! Now I will never be able to un-see the purple-greyish decontrasting curtain of vanilla Arma. Thanks for this simple yet fundamental change!

8lnvbtdr.png (driver AF: application controlled/ingame AF: ultra)

i52r84uw.png (driver AF: 16x/ingame AF: disabled)

7ewd2jsn.png (default texture)

di9wurov.png (badbensons texture-mod)

got it :p

Edited by JumpingHubert

Thanks!

The texture fix mod is pretty good!

I must say, I wasn´t convinced by the OPs shots but your hill example is really great!

I will definitely try it. Thanks for the upload.

My pleasure! The exact name the version I use is for altis: babe_altis_midtex_sharp1

And for stratis: babe_stratis_midtex_sharp1

If you can´t find it I will reupload it.

After update no longer works... BE is blocking dll.

Yep confirmed Battle Eye is now blocking this.. Doesn't like the dxgi.dll

Anyone who understands BE able to offer any advice on this ?

Do we have to white-list the file in someway ?

Update: ok using the "launcher" you can toggle off BE and it works fine. But there is no way I could see to access this toggle from within PW6. I've left a troubleshooting note with Bis - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192475-BattlEye-not-allowing-me-to-start-Arma3

Contacted sickboy about a toggle within PW6...

And posted a message off to BE so hopefully one of them can provide a fix ?

Edited by serjames

Update: ok using the "launcher" you can toggle off BE and it works fine. But there is no way I could see to access this toggle from within PW6. I've left a troubleshooting note with Bis - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192475-BattlEye-not-allowing-me-to-start-Arma3

Thanks serjames for the info and the effort!

I hope they will be able to divide between reshade and real cheats in the future. Don´t want my preset to get unusable online :(

I've also sent them a message.

The devs are talking to BattlEye about whitelisting the SweetFX dxgi.dll so maybe ReShade will get whitelisted at the same time.

GOOD NEWS!

I was just able to launch Arma and join a server with ReShade! So it looks like its been whitelisted!

Yeah, I just downloaded ReShade again (version 18.7) and it was blocked by battleye.

Version 18.4.849 is definitely working for me.