Solano

Real Light V5 - ReShade Preset

Hey solano, thx for this great project ,the Daylight with the right gamma and brightness settings looks simply fantastic. But i've noticed that the nights with full moon are a little bit to dark, when i use the daysettings (gamma,brightness) and the days are realy bright.

Greetz

Thanks for the compliments.

You can toggle the shader simply on and off by hitting "scroll lock". I know the nights are darker but I think more realistic that way. But that is just my taste ;)

nights are great! seriously, much better than vanilla. they finally "feel" nightly now, for the first time in A3 i really have feeling it's night:)

and the dark-light effect (when you're near the light source during night) is more profound now.

My new Website is live!

I created a place for my ReShade presets.

You can find a much simpler installing of my preset there, comparision screenshots, a faq, help in general and much more.

I proudly present: http://sh8.videopilot.link/

Of course I will stay active here as well!

hya Solano, love what you have done here makes Arma much better looking but it halves my fps and as you know in this game every one counts.

want to use this but not when it hammers the fps.

can you help me?

TIA

hya Solano, love what you have done here makes Arma much better looking but it halves my fps and as you know in this game every one counts.

want to use this but not when it hammers the fps.

can you help me?

TIA

Thanks pooley!

Do you use V5? Because V1 cuts my FPS in half because of the DOF.

V5 has no DOF and no more FPS drop then 1 max 2 at all...

yup i used your prepacked v5, strange considering it uses no dof..

i was tinkering with other presets prior to using yours so i deleted all the dll files etc and let steam require them and it seems to have done the trick :)

Cheers!

Edited by pooley

yup i used your prepacked v5, strange considering it uses no dof..

i was tinkering with other presets prior to using yours so i deleted all the dll files etc and let steam require them and it seems to have done the trick :)

Cheers!

Oh ok... really weird.

I am glad it works now.

I got an old GTX 580 and have no problems with FPS nor other users - was really confused. I guess it was a weird coincidence with your particular rig then.

Have fun with Real Light!

Oh ok... really weird.

I am glad it works now.

I got an old GTX 580 and have no problems with FPS nor other users - was really confused. I guess it was a weird coincidence with your particular rig then.

Have fun with Real Light!

Yes pc are funny like that, going to be using this so made a little donation over on your website:)

Yes pc are funny like that, going to be using this so made a little donation over on your website:)

Thanks so much!

Thats really nice of you - I appreciate it a lot!

Nice looking website! I feel a lot more confident linking it to others now.

Nice looking website! I feel a lot more confident linking it to others now.

Thanks!

Much appreciated.

To all people having problems to run this mod. Only solution seems to be installing SP1 and also the Windows 7 platform update. However I avoid on install the platform update since some of my friends had issues with their computers and system stability.

I hope there is a workaround though.

To all people having problems to run this mod. Only solution seems to be installing SP1 and also the Windows 7 platform update. However I avoid on install the platform update since some of my friends had issues with their computers and system stability.

I hope there is a workaround though.

Hey Nikiforos,

are you sure about this?

If yes I would like to add this important piece of information to my new FAQ to help more people having issues...

Now I´ve tried this and.....WOW!!

I used your workaround you got in this posting http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191556-Real-Light-V5-ReShade-Preset&p=2933424&viewfull=1#post2933424

Copy and pasted all the files into arma3 folder and set gamma to 1 and brightness to 0.6.

Many thanks for this great mod!

Is it possible to make screenshots with reshade, and if yes, where are they copied? Sadly afterburner´s screenshot function doesn´t work together with reshade.

Now I´ve tried this and.....WOW!!

I used your workaround you got in this posting http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191556-Real-Light-V5-ReShade-Preset&p=2933424&viewfull=1#post2933424

Copy and pasted all the files into arma3 folder and set gamma to 1 and brightness to 0.6.

Many thanks for this great mod!

Is it possible to make screenshots with reshade, and if yes, where are they copied? Sadly afterburner´s screenshot function doesn´t work together with reshade.

Hey JumpingHubert,

Thanks for your nice response - I am glad you and so many more like it so much.

The workaround is now my go to solution because it works much better now. On my new Website for my presets its the normal procedure now. Installing is much simpler that way.

About the Screenshots - It is possible. When you hit print screen on your keyboard reshade will save a png file at the location of your arma3.exe.

Its a bit arbitrary sometimes as you have to move ingame after you retab back into the game before a screenshot can be stored I expierenced.

Anyway.

Hit print screen and your screenshot with the effect will be saved.

The Steam Screenshot function also doesn´t show the effect of ReShade on images.

Thanks Solano for the quick response.... the lighting is so lifelike and genuine now! Mindblowing! Playing 0815-scenarios (30 vs 30 infantry on open field at a rainy morning for example) is now thrilling like a good war movie..

Hey Nikiforos,

are you sure about this?

If yes I would like to add this important piece of information to my new FAQ to help more people having issues...

Check this:

http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/646-solved-arma-3-doesn-t-launch?start=6

post 12

It's your link that you linked earlier in this thread. It seems it solved most problems for the users.

Thanks Solano for the quick response.... the lighting is so lifelike and genuine now! Mindblowing! Playing 0815-scenarios (30 vs 30 infantry on open field at a rainy morning for example) is now thrilling like a good war movie..

Very nice of you to say!

The cloudy and diffuse weather situations are my favorite ones with "Real Light".

I am happy you like it

---------- Post added at 09:13 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

Check this:

http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/646-solved-arma-3-doesn-t-launch?start=6

post 12

It's your link that you linked earlier in this thread. It seems it solved most problems for the users.

Ah I see!

Thanks - I added this solution now to my faq. Thanks for your response

It is impressive how much better it looks by just the pictures already.

Hey,

this is awesome, i`ve installed it and it works great, i`m still editing the settings to my favor and was wondering if it is possible to adjust the overall brightness, at the moment its a little bit too bright, i tried to edit all the gamma settings but that didnt help that much.

Chris

It is impressive how much better it looks by just the pictures already.

Thanks Mr.g-c - Hope you give it a try some day

Thanks pooley!

Do you use V5? Because V1 cuts my FPS in half because of the DOF.

V5 has no DOF and no more FPS drop then 1 max 2 at all...

oh really? Must give this a try again!

Hey,

this is awesome, i`ve installed it and it works great, i`m still editing the settings to my favor and was wondering if it is possible to adjust the overall brightness, at the moment its a little bit too bright, i tried to edit all the gamma settings but that didnt help that much.

Chris

Hey,

you edit the overall brightness best at line 276 in the file called ReShade.fx

It goes:

#define Exposure    		0.450 

Decrease that value and you achieve a less brighter image overall.

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

oh really? Must give this a try again!

For sure!

It uses no fancy effects. Its gamma, contrast and color grading. Really lightweight to your gpu

For sure!

It uses no fancy effects. Its gamma, contrast and color grading. Really lightweight to your gpu

Ok that's nice but why do we have to install windows platform update to use this if it's only gamma, contrast and color grading?

I wish somebody explained that.