Solano

Real Light V5 - ReShade Preset

One question Solano. Where can I change the key to turn off the preset. The map is very bright so I would like to turn it off when on it but my keyboard is lacking scroll lock.

Hey Denco,

you can change the Key to toggle ReShade in the "ReShade.fx" at line 4019.

(In Notepad++ you can hit ctrl+g to jump right to it.)

It goes:

technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = true; int toggle = [b][color=#ff8c00]0x91[/color][/b]; >

The highlighted part is the defined Key.

You can change that to whatever you like.

Here is a List of all the mappings.

I tested it with the Numeric Values and it worked.

Here´s an example with F11 to toggle:

technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = true; int toggle = [b][color=#ff8c00]0x7A[/color][/b]; >

I am glad you like it!

I tried it and looks nice. But, whats the difference between this and the postprocces module in the editor?

I mean.. this only changes the colours, contrast and brillance.. am I right? :icon_wink:

Is it possible to create a Version (b) of the V5 you have released. I played on Cherno last night and found the Saturation was a little too vivid.. Too green. Anyone else tried this on A2 maps yet ?

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

I tried it and looks nice. But, whats the difference between this and the postprocces module in the editor?

I mean.. this only changes the colours, contrast and brillance.. am I right? :icon_wink:

Difference is that this is applied to ALL maps / sessions you play on. So if you didn't have control over the mission editor - you could not set those post process settings. This over-rides that...

Is it possible to create a Version (b) of the V5 you have released. I played on Cherno last night and found the Saturation was a little too vivid.. Too green. Anyone else tried this on A2 maps yet ?

Difference is that this is applied to ALL maps / sessions you play on. So if you didn't have control over the mission editor - you could not set those post process settings. This over-rides that...

ty :)

Didn't work for me, just text in upper left corner and black screen then nothing.

/KC

I noticed this too just by looking the screenshots. A little bit too much green tint. Other than that it looks amazing!

Is it safe to use will Battleye?

Yes - this doesn't change any A3 code at all - it just tells your graphics card to adjust colour and saturation ( bit like using the Nvidia control panel to control AA instead of ingame)

As far as I know when you start you get warning message... Maybe it make injections in game or smth? Don't want to get ban that is why I am asking.

I found this in installation guide:

Then you you open it and use the ReShade Setup.exe to search for your game.exe you wanna inject this shader to. arma3.exe in this case @ (... SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3)

So it make something with arma3.exe.

Edited by Kukus

ReShade is a Injector with a bit of smartness. You can use it to "reshade" all kinds of games without taking care if its 32Bit 64Bit or Open GL based.

The concept of ReShade is that it detects that and adjusts the preset accordingly so you dont need to use a special method for every game to make it work so to speak.

It´s better explained on their page I guess but thats basically it.

So it seems I'm the only getting game crash while startin up game with this mod.. :confused:

Edited by Nikiforos

Oh you can adjust it for your own needs - thats no problem!

Every Monitor has a different Setting of course so here´s what you can do:

Go to line 263 in the ReShade.fx file

#define DPXSaturation         [b][color=#ff8c00]3.25[/color][/b]          //[0.0 to 8.0]

and increase the orange value. This will desaturate the look you get.

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Didn't work for me, just text in upper left corner and black screen then nothing.

/KC

Hi KeyCat

Try to Download this package: http://www.videopilot.link/rl/v5/Real_Light_V5_package.zip

If this doesn´t help you can try to renew your directX (https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=35). Or you can get support from the creators of reshade here: http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting

Please tell me if soemthing worked for you for so I can help more people in the future. Regards!

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:08 ----------

I noticed this too just by looking the screenshots. A little bit too much green tint. Other than that it looks amazing!

Thank you very much!

In few posts above this one I explained how to desaturate your look a bit.

Regards

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

Like I wrote in the FAQ in the main post - it´s no problem.

I used sweetFX before which does basically the same hundreds of hours in multiplayer games and never had a problem.

I played 150h+ with ReShade in Arma and never had a single incident - nor did my buddies have.

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Yes - this doesn't change any A3 code at all - it just tells your graphics card to adjust colour and saturation ( bit like using the Nvidia control panel to control AA instead of ingame)

Absolutely!

Its kind of like "sunglasses" for your game ;)

---------- Post added at 15:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

As far as I know when you start you get warning message... Maybe it make injections in game or smth? Don't want to get ban that is why I am asking.

I found this in installation guide:

So it make something with arma3.exe.

What it does with the arma3.exe is to check which kind of game ReShade is dealing with.

So if it detects the arma3.exe you have to point to in the installation process its just a trigger for reshade to copy the correct dxgi.dll to your structure to make reshade work.

I quote:

ReShade supports all of Direct3D8 (which is converted to Direct3D9 to allow for more advanced effects using later shadermodels), Direct3D9, Direct3D9Ex,Direct3D10.X, Direct3D11.X and OpenGL

To achive this generic functionality it must detect with which game it has to deal with. Thats why the installation is to point at your game exe.

That generic concept is the approach of ReShade.

With sweetFX it wasn´t that easy.

You can read more about it here: http://reshade.me/forum/shaderpack-framework/361-faq

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

So it seems I'm the only getting game crash while startin up game with this mod.. :confused:

Hey Nikiforos - sorry to hear that you have trouble!

Please try the steps from my post #40

regards

Edited by Solano

Holy Cow!

This is one of those things where I didn't notice it at the time, but now you have pointed it out it's impossible to miss! I can't believe I never really noticed how grey the game is! I mean I did notice I thought rainy weather made the graphics look crap, but I didn't put much thought into why. Now using this reshade thingie, I'm pressing the Scroll Lock key to toggle the changes on and off and I'm finding it hard to believe the game usually looks so dull. I mean seriously, it's made me wonder if pressing the key really is 'turning it off' and showing me how it was...

There is no way I will be able to play again without Reshade. Thanks for the preset, it saves me the hassle of tweaking for ages to get it right like you have.

Holy Cow!

This is one of those things where I didn't notice it at the time, but now you have pointed it out it's impossible to miss! I can't believe I never really noticed how grey the game is! I mean I did notice I thought rainy weather made the graphics look crap, but I didn't put much thought into why. Now using this reshade thingie, I'm pressing the Scroll Lock key to toggle the changes on and off and I'm finding it hard to believe the game usually looks so dull. I mean seriously, it's made me wonder if pressing the key really is 'turning it off' and showing me how it was...

There is no way I will be able to play again without Reshade. Thanks for the preset, it saves me the hassle of tweaking for ages to get it right like you have.

Thanks for your nice comment - I appreciate it a lot! Really.

Hey TugeX - Don´t get me wrong but I think the green tint might be at your end.

Before I made the V5 I calibrated my Monitor with a hardware tool to make sure that the colors fit well.

Or maybe you think of a green tint because the overall saturation is a bit higher as it would be at direct Sunlight and the flora and fauna is now more vibrant in colors.

Solano, excellent work. Thank you for the effort you poured into this.

I'm no longer seeing ARMA as 50 shades of Grey now.

Wow, one of the best improvements I experienced a while in Arma!!

Really really good improvement and I recommend it personally to everyone, do yourself a favor and install it (5 min sacrifice for awesome looking game).

By the way, there's anywhere a donation button?

This is what I get checking after failed startup and crash:

11/05/2015 19:41:30:974 [04736] | WARN | > 'IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain' failed with 'DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL'!

Any ideas?

This is what I get checking after failed startup and crash:

11/05/2015 19:41:30:974 [04736] | WARN | > 'IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain' failed with 'DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL'!

Any ideas?

Hey Nikiforos,

I am really sorry but I can´t help you there.

But the creators of ReShade made a section in their forum for troubleshooting and they response quiet fast.

I recommend you to post this particular error message there - I mean, they made this and are still updating it.

http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting

Really sorry I can´t do more at this point.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:23 ----------

Thank you so much Solano, You sir are a legend :D

Thanks a lot for the kind words

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

Wow, one of the best improvements I experienced a while in Arma!!

Really really good improvement and I recommend it personally to everyone, do yourself a favor and install it (5 min sacrifice for awesome looking game).

By the way, there's anywhere a donation button?

Thanks HydroBull3T,

I am very pleased that so many of you like my preset. I really appreciate that. Put a lot of effort into this and I am very glad that so many of you enjoy this so much!

Thanks guys!

About the donate Button -

To be honest I never thought about this. Maybe I will set up a micropage for Real Light and provide the download there along with a FAQ and a simpler installment.

Thanks for the input and of course your kind gesture of willing to donate for my effort! I really appreciate it!

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

Solano, excellent work. Thank you for the effort you poured into this.

I'm no longer seeing ARMA as 50 shades of Grey now.

Thanks Karneck!

50 Shades of Grey :D - exactly ;)

I love the effects :-) but have some problems in the editor and in map mode ingame. Its way to bright, cant see forest terrain features, every thing just white or nearly white. other than that it looks great.

Sixt

P.S. is there a simple way to turn it off, if i want to play with the vanilla shader??

I love the effects :-) but have some problems in the editor and in map mode ingame. Its way to bright, cant see forest terrain features, every thing just white or nearly white. other than that it looks great.

Sixt

P.S. is there a simple way to turn it off, if i want to play with the vanilla shader??

Thank you!

Jeah theres a button to toggle it on and off.

Its by default "Scroll Lock Key" (above Page Up).

Here I explained how to rebind that Key.