Solano

I am gonna create a Movie Look for Arma 3 with ReShade - Which Look would you want?

Hi Arma Fans,

I am the creator of the Real Light ReShade presets for Arma 3.

Reshade is a tool similar to SweetFX.

It can change the ingame look in many different ways depending on the preset you use.

Now I want to make a "Movie Look" ReShade preset.

What I am curious about is what kind of look you would like to see in Arma 3.

Do you have a particular Movie or TV Series whose color scheme / look you really like

and would love to see and play ingame in Arma 3?

My goal is to create a preset which has nearly no impact on performance which I achieved

in my previous presets.

Here is a great resource to get inspired.

I am grateful for every (serious) input and opinion.

If possible - post a screenshot of your suggestion.

_

FAQ

What about Battleye?

It doesn´t care if you use ReShade (nor SweetFX).

What about my performance when using ReShade?

The impact depends on the effects the preset uses.

Creating a look by tweaking colors, contrast and gamma has nearly no impact.

"Nearly no" means 1-2 FPS.

Is ReShade hard to install?

No. The ReShade-Crew created a simple installer for ReShade.

sounds like a good ideas,but still not very clear for what you would finally make.Only the different sun light effects?

It can be used for daily gaming since there is nearly no fps drop. It can be useful for creating Cinematics and Screenshots. What do you mean by different sun light effects?

It can be used for daily gaming since there is nearly no fps drop. It can be useful for creating Cinematics and Screenshots. What do you mean by different sun light effects?

Well that's the feeling gave by your screenshots in the link you post,can't really describe because my bad English.Just feel the sun light a little different from the original Arma3 effect.

Ah! Yes - The Real Light V5 is different.

You can see all my comparison screenshots here.

But now I want to make a "Movie Look" Preset. Any suggestion?

lighting similar to that of CG animations like Halo 4 Spartan ops cutscene lighting

Interesting!

Thanks for your suggestion

Interesting!

Thanks for your suggestion

thanks, i'll work on getting more reference images, similar lighting is seen in Halo 2 Anniversary gameplay and cutscenes also

and some more halo 4

For what its worth, I get a massive FPS drop with that reshade thing... its a cool idea but terrible implementation with that drop. Even in the menus its dropping to 30-40 from 250+

For what its worth, I get a massive FPS drop with that reshade thing... its a cool idea but terrible implementation with that drop. Even in the menus its dropping to 30-40 from 250+

That´s really odd.

Which Real Light Version did you try?

V1 is the only Version which is not really playable because of the DOF.

You really need a Beast of a rig to rock that. All other Versions don´t have the DOF effect and run smooth for me.

As I am not the creator of ReShade itself I only can recommend you to visit their Forum http://reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting

Or you can try to download this file http://www.videopilot.link/rl/v5/Real_Light_V5_package.zip and extract it in your arma folder where the arma3.exe is. Overwrite all files. It´s my personal Setup of ReShade and seemed to fix many errors for users.

Edited by Solano

Doesn't seem to have dropped my FPS... Sold 60FPS (vsynced) and normal 40+ in MP game ?

Hey Solano, would it be possible to create a preset like Virtual Reality has? I mean, i love the lightning and shadows, feels like the textures have another quality to it, hopefully it's possible. Let me know what you think.

color pattern that would look good in arma would be Dune and True detective.

Hey Solano, would it be possible to create a preset like Virtual Reality has? I mean, i love the lightning and shadows, feels like the textures have another quality to it, hopefully it's possible. Let me know what you think.

I didnt spned much time in VR and need to check if it would be possible.

Can´t tell right now

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

color pattern that would look good in arma would be Dune and True detective.

All right!

I love TD.

Would be a cool Look.

As my Designteacher always said "depth is most dramaticly created by a low ammount of light", therefor i looked up one of the Scenes from the latest WW2 Title Fury, the Tiger Scene to be precise:

Tiger Scene Fotoshoot

That Idea, especially in Fury appears to be inspired by an older Title, Steiner Cross of Iron which takes a similar approach especially in the more Dramatic dialog sections

Steiner - Cross of Iron pt 2

The basic tech behind it is to turn the bright light down with a warmer tone of yellow as it breaks up on surfaces (donno if that made sense, in my head it does)

As my Designteacher always said "depth is most dramaticly created by a low ammount of light", therefor i looked up one of the Scenes from the latest WW2 Title Fury, the Tiger Scene to be precise:

Tiger Scene Fotoshoot

That Idea, especially in Fury appears to be inspired by an older Title, Steiner Cross of Iron which takes a similar approach especially in the more Dramatic dialog sections

Steiner - Cross of Iron pt 2

The basic tech behind it is to turn the bright light down with a warmer tone of yellow as it breaks up on surfaces (donno if that made sense, in my head it does)

Interesting - I discovered a 30% black tint in True Detective the other day. This technique seems to be quite common then. Thanks for the shots. Thats a really great input to keep in mind for the preset.

Will definitely test this.

Love the cinematography and the color grading in the original Matrix movie. You can reference the effects by googling still photos from the movie.