Sparfell's Workshop

1vQWXcZ.jpg
The worker was pierced by seven steel bars during his work at a bridge construction site, local media reported.

Hi, in this thread I will share small addons I made for myself or my group. I think some of them could be usefull for some of you. Enjoy !

> CPC_TRYK_patch_[v1.0]

This is a patch for TRYK Muti-Play Uniforms. It is mostly a fix for the 1.54 soldier protection system. You will need the updated TAC Vests.

Features :

- Vests and helmets armor values fixed for arma 1.54

- NVG slot items are now hidden (arsenal)

- some armor values were modified

Requirements :

- TRYK Muti-Play Uniforms

- TAC Vests

DOWNLOAD

> STDR_map_shadow_[v1.0]

A very small addon to apply the new 3DEN map shadows to the ingame map :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tITrQ-NqarXHdijo6byDorWuHOEnCU7-

May affect performances (not tested)

> CPC_MapFix_SnowThirskW

A patch for Arma 2 Thirsk Winter terrain that change the following :
- Apply the snowfall effect and some ambient sounds from CUP Winter Chernarus.
- Bring back scroutch sroutch sounds when you walk in the snow.

Gdrive

You can simply put the PBO in the Thirsk mod folder

Else :
Feel free to comment and report problems.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting.

I used the RHS-ACRE fix a few days ago, it wasn't perfect but it was certainly a huge improvement. I'll keep my eye out for the next version. :)

New mod v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Sparfell_19;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Sparfell_19;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Sparfell_19;

Thanks everybody and kecharles28.

About RHS-ACRE_compatible_[v1.0] :

If you want to help me to improve it, use it and give me feedback. It will be a lot faster because I do not have a lot of opportunities to test it myself.

For example : if you notice that voice attenuation is incorrect or could be better (less or more attenuation) for a certain RHS vehicle, take a picture of that vehicle or (better) give me its classname.

From my short tests it sounded like the values ranging from 0.1 to 0.8 had no effect - they all sounded like there was no attenuation at all.

On the other hand, the M113 gunner seat was completely 100% attenuated.

As I mentioned via email yesterday, if you can provide a limited list of vehicles/seats/gunner-seats to test, I'll provide you with results (and a 1-2min video).

Can someone help compile a list of all relevant vehicle seats that require testing? There's hundreds of them total in RHS and most of them are going to be the same, I'm just not sure how to know which are actually unique and require testing.

Sorry for late responses guys, I was a bit busy.

@Foxhound :

Thanks ;)

//////////

Can someone help compile a list of all relevant vehicle seats that require testing? There's hundreds of them total in RHS and most of them are going to be the same, I'm just not sure how to know which are actually unique and require testing.

In fact, with my solution, there is no differences between seats at all. Maybe ther is a way to do it, but right now I don't know.

About testing what you have to know is :

- I'm not changing anything for air vehicles because they seem to be fine.

- I'm not changing anything for "heavy armor" vehicles.

- The vehicles affected by the patch are the ones that inerit from the base classe listed in the config (see it here). So, for example, when you see that class in the config file : "rhsusf_hmmwe_base", it means that all the HMMWVs are supposed to be affected because they inherit the correct value from this class. Same for other classes, you can see in most case, the modification is applied on a baseclass (see "base" in the classname). BUT, if necessary, I can apply different values for different types of HMMWVs

As a consequence, I cannot really give you a list of class that need to be checked in particular.

Best way, is certainly to tell me when you think that the value for a particular vehicle should be tweaked.

Someone already told me that the open versions of the HMMWV should be tweaked, I will take a look.

@BullHorn :I hope you will find the answer to your question in my answer. :)

Edited by Sparfell_19

does the object mod support trees?

No because it would add dependencies to missions.

BTW : I remove RHS-ACRE compatible, because RHS made the update.

any posibility you could produce a small fix for the wrongly rotated  bargate in AIA ?  :P 

just asking, if not, dont feel bad about it :P 

any posibility you could produce a small fix for the wrongly rotated  bargate in AIA ?   :P

just asking, if not, dont feel bad about it :P

I will not because AiA TP is depreciated now, the issue will probably be fixed in CUP terrains. ;)

Hi there.

I share a patch I made for TRYK Muti-Play Uniforms

It is mostly a fix for the 1.54 soldier protection system.

You will need the updated TAC Vests.

Features :

- Vests and helmets armor values fixed for arma 1.54

- NVG slot items are now hidden (arsenal)

- some armor values were modified

Requirements :

- TRYK Muti-Play Uniforms

- TAC Vests

DOWNLOAD 1.0 :

https://mega.nz/#!S4xHyDyQ!83C1xSM_0a8arR7WfSTK2rwvS1q-P0nOxYRPtlaD82E

github repo : https://github.com/Sparfell/TRYK_patch

• Like 6

May I ask why did you hide the NVG's in the arsenal?

Anyway the TRYK fix works like a charm :)

May I ask why did you hide the NVG's in the arsenal?

Anyway the TRYK fix works like a charm :)

They were not really NVG but cosmetic items placable in the NVG slot. I hide them for my community because they provide NVG capability without being NVGs.

If you want to have them back, you can modify and build the addon for your personal use. Source files are on GIT : https://github.com/Sparfell/TRYK_patch

Are you going to put out a fix for the retextured carrier rigs too? (they look like the vanilla AAF and NATO rigs) 

An absolutely brilliant work on the TAC Vests/Tryk's armor fix! Only thing that bums me that the cosmetics from the NVG slot are hidden, and I do understand why as they give the NVG be it a beard or a headset. Is there any chance you could make an alternate version for download where they are visible? 

I did read you explaining the above and why on the last page and you gave the Github files but I and everyone I know can't edit Arma files to save our lives.

An absolutely brilliant work on the TAC Vests/Tryk's armor fix! Only thing that bums me that the cosmetics from the NVG slot are hidden, and I do understand why as they give the NVG be it a beard or a headset. Is there any chance you could make an alternate version for download where they are visible? 

I did read you explaining the above and why on the last page and you gave the Github files but I and everyone I know can't edit Arma files to save our lives.

I don't like christmas times but let's say I'm on a good mood :

https://mega.nz/#!nshx1JpY!55zkrQ278Wq0mQecBn-pwwIm0jGhVe_CybEU38QHAIc

(I didn't test it)

• Like 1