Sign in to follow this  
zeealex

Object builder models 'corrupt' after update

okay so i'm getting a very strange error foowing the BI tools update done yesterday.

I import my model into Object builder, configure it up, save it and the config then pack it with PBO project.

PBOproject gives the error:

"faulty/unknown wrp or p3d format" and fails to pack.

I pack with Addon builder and it 'successfully builds' but I use that term loosely, filepaths havent been built properly and the geometry doesnt show when selecting it in virtual arsenal.

I tested it the error out on a uniform model that definitely worked prior to the update to see if it was a genuinely corrupt model, or if it was a problem with the tools. I had exactly the same problem.

I tested it out in Oxygen2 to check if it was Object builder, but it seems more likely to be an error in the l binarization process, as oxygen 2 throws the same error up. and when packing a larger folder of contents the binarization component of the build freezes completely.

I have done the following...

defragmented hard disk,

validated tools,

reinstalled tools,

changed the filepath,

performed a disk cleanup,

reinstalled pboproject

packed a BIS sample model (same result)

searched for solutions (no real solution found)

any ideas or input as to what may be the underlying cause? I would like to get back to modding ASAP.

I can hand over one model which throws the error up (its a simple box configured as a vest, for content sensitivity issues it cant be anything more exciting)

I apoligize if i've double posted.

Same problem, my p3ds are now doing the same, the only change between 30 minutes ago and now is the Arma3tools updated. Tried with both pboproject and addon builder, both produce as above.

Something fucked the PboProject. However, Addon Builder works for me, slowly :|

In order to get as much data as possible, could you, please, provide me the faulty model?

Edit: In the end, I'm unable to reproduce the issue (I thought I reproduced it but it was my mistake, texture paths...)

What version of the game do you use?

Edited by tom_48_97

I think I found a solution, restart your PC. mine seems to work now, it seems the RAM needed flushing.

HOWEVER when reinstalling the BI tools I did migrate my tools drive to my second hard disk

I'm running the latest stable build of the game

Same issue here .. I also reinstalled BI Tools, restarted Computer, downloaded latest depbo builds again. Still got that problem. :(

PBO project is still behaving badly after the update, mine now packs but textures are not generated correctly. it looks like the only real fix is an upgrade to the subscriber version of pbo project, which is unfortunate as I don't have the money at present.

Did you manage to solve this?

I'm having the same problem.