Sign in to follow this  
cougarxr7

Update 1.44 Getting strange errors in RPT!

Hello,

Is anybody getting this error in their RPT?

15:44:05 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'bis_fnc_arsenal_condition' is using type of ',CODE' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

15:44:09 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'BIS_fnc_preload_server' is using type of ',CODE' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

I was not getting this error until I updated today, from 1.42 to 1.44.

Anyone???

It would not be so bad but in spams it a million times!

• Like 1

Yes I'm getting the same thing here:

20:24:34 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'bis_fnc_arsenal_condition' is using type of ',CODE' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

20:24:34 c:\w\stable\futura\lib\network\networkserver.cpp NetworkServer::OnClientStateChanged:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!

20:24:35 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'BIS_fnc_preload_server' is using type of ',CODE' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

It doesn't spam it though. Errors only appear once per mission launch.

it's informative warning ... don't panic ;)

I will look into that spam issue, can you upload your RPT (7zipped) somewhere and send me URL for download ?

I've been playing arma too long too panic, lol!

http://www.filedropper.com/performancewarningsimpleserializationarma32015-05-0515-39-48

That file is very small because I only ran the game for a few minutes.

Most are around 2,000 KB or larger.

When the message says "falling back to generic serialization", you would think that would fix what is wrong yet it does not'

it just keeps repeating!

Let me know if that link does not work.

If the RPT would just log errors/warnings just once would be great!

Will there be a fix for this warning?

Thanks!

Edited by Cougarxr7

Hello,

yes, this warning message is new. I've looked at the way how the values transferred by commands like publicVariable (and others) are sent over the network and found that some types are not very space efficient. I've optimized the most used types to take much less space, which should result in much smaller messages (saving bandwidth). Since there are a lot of types, not all of them are optimized yet. What this warning means is that the (old) generic algorithm used for transferring value, which is not very efficient. If possible use some simple types: scalar, bool, string, object, group, side, nil and array. The command will still works with other types, it just won't be as efficient as if the simple type is used. The warning is to let mission designers know that they are transferring types that are not optimized. If it's displayed only few times, then it's not a big problem, the main purpose is for values that are transferred very often during the mission.

TL;DR: We optimized values transferred by publicVariable (and similar) commands, added warning for other types that are using old generic (not optimized) serialization, which is still working correctly but can mean higher traffic if used often.

Edited by George_
  • Like 1

Thank you for replying!

Is it possible for you to give an example of some non-optimized values?

I understand the "publicVariable" command.

You said, "added warning for other types that are using old generic (not optimized) serialization,".

What would "other types" be?

Thanks!

Basically anything else than: scalar, bool, string, object, group, side, nil and array. Ex. namespace, config, display, control, target, task...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks George_!

Can I ask about these errors in the RPT?

In the editor, and previewing the mission, I am so dumb founded with these errors!

Is there a link to the fixes for these errors?

The most surprising one is this one,

"Unsupported language English in stringtable"

Here is a link to this RPT file,

http://www.filedropper.com/editorpreviewarma32015-05-0610-52-54

here some of those weird errors.

"11:49:20 soldier[b_soldier_AT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?"

"11:49:26 B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F: AddBenches - unknown animation source AddBenches"

"11:50:03 soldier[O_Soldier_TL_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?"

"11:50:25 Deinitialized shape [Class: "O_officer_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f\opfor\o_officer.p3d";]"

I hope I can get a better understanding as to why these errors/info is in the RPT!

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Cougarxr7

I dont know exactly what this means but it comes up for every AI on foot when using the AI script pack from Armaholic. I used that pack for months and this never harmed anything. Does not spam but will allow you to track when the AI on foot spawn.

I dont know exactly what this means but it comes up for every AI on foot when using the AI script pack from Armaholic. I used that pack for months and this never harmed anything. Does not spam but will allow you to track when the AI on foot spawn.

If you see the message repeated frequently and it relates to ',CODE', I would say it's probably best to contact the script author and let them know. They might be sending code over the network (instead of asking to call a function at the other end) which is a bad idea at the best of times.

Dawg711 thanks for replying!

Would have a link to the AI script pack at armaholic?

I would like to compare those scripts to this mission!

Here is some of the same errors in the Arma 3 Introduction mission.

I do not think BI uses any script pack from armaholic, but what do I know! lol!

15:06:46 Animation a3\cargoposes_f_exp\anim\passenger_cessna_r.rtm not found or empty
15:06:53 soldier[O_Soldier_SL_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?

Here is a link to that offline Arma 3 Intro Mission RPT.

http://www.filedropper.com/intromissionarma32015-05-0715-06-04

Thanks for all of you helping!

the running animations has changed :(. is there a way to have the old ones back?

So basically you broke the only way to whiteclass stuff without getting a crap ton of errors and won't say how to fix it?

If you see the message repeated frequently and it relates to ',CODE', I would say it's probably best to contact the script author and let them know. They might be sending code over the network (instead of asking to call a function at the other end) which is a bad idea at the best of times.

CBA. (five characters)

2015/06/02, 22:04:42 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Write 'cba_versioning_state' is using type of ',CODE' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

it should be already optimized in 1.45 DEV / 1.46 RC

Hello,

yes, this warning message is new. I've looked at the way how the values transferred by commands like publicVariable (and others) are sent over the network and found that some types are not very space efficient. I've optimized the most used types to take much less space, which should result in much smaller messages (saving bandwidth). Since there are a lot of types, not all of them are optimized yet. What this warning means is that the (old) generic algorithm used for transferring value, which is not very efficient. If possible use some simple types: scalar, bool, string, object, group, side, nil and array. The command will still works with other types, it just won't be as efficient as if the simple type is used. The warning is to let mission designers know that they are transferring types that are not optimized. If it's displayed only few times, then it's not a big problem, the main purpose is for values that are transferred very often during the mission.

TL;DR: We optimized values transferred by publicVariable (and similar) commands, added warning for other types that are using old generic (not optimized) serialization, which is still working correctly but can mean higher traffic if used often.

Hi, Can I disable the performance warnings?

In my case, the warning happens when I use extDB2.dll (extension to work with database)

Third-party libraries optimization can take a lot of time. Because I have to wait until other developers will change their code.

Now I had to turn off logs with -nologs command. But I don't like this way.