Sign in to follow this  
rimblock

Still hard limits on max group count and max viewable lights ?.

Hi,

Just trying to find out if ArmA3 still have the same limit with groups allowed per mission and if so what is the max limit ?.

Also, is there a hard limit to the max number of lights that a player can see at any one time and is there anyway to code around it as a "only light the streetlights around the player" is about as good as painting a big green arrow pointing at the player. Any ideas or just something we currently have to live with. I am working with villages at night and spooky mood lighting so reliable lights would be good.

Many thanks

Group limit- 144 (per side?)

Light limit- No idea if that is even a thing

Edited by JShock

2. There sort of is, depending on your dynamic light settings anyways -- setting it to ultra makes all lights in viewdistance visible and turned on, anything lower it turns them off if your a certain distance away.

Group limit- 144 (per side?)

Light limit- No idea if that is even a thing

If you put , 20 light sources in a 5m radius circle and stand in the middle then as you walk towards some, others will turn off. The light source seems to stay on but its effect on the surroundings gets switched off.

Thanks for the group limit. If someone can confirm if it is side based or not then that would be most helpful.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

2. There sort of is, depending on your dynamic light settings anyways -- setting it to ultra makes all lights in viewdistance visible and turned on, anything lower it turns them off if your a certain distance away.

The problem I see with this is light, not usually the furthest away stop affecting the surroundings as you move back and forth. I will check my graphics settings as well though.

Thanks for the reply.