Sign in to follow this  
liridonx92

bulldozer over sized terrain need help

Hello everyone, Im making terrain, I open bulldozer and terrain is so huge and crazy, Bulldozer is my first time using it. I want to figure out how to flatten everything to the right level , I use cryengine before and I love the editor it is so simple!, I think i heard somewhere I can import the cryengine the terrain heightmap I have from L3DT that I make and then edit the height map the way i like in cryengine instead of using this bulldozer... here are some pictures below, how do i fix this and why do my textures not show up in bulldozer.

http://prntscr.com/718i1l

http://prntscr.com/718j0w

i want to smooth mountains like in cry engine editor is so easy, is it possible to import this heightmap and then use it in arma 3

-- and how do you finalize a project wrp, I made folder in arma 3 @island>addons .. I dont know how to finalzie project,ie, convert wrp to the .pbo

Edited by liridonx92

You could export your heightmap from L3DT to a format that CryEngine can read (From memory it uses .r16's). Fro mthe import into CE, do what you want to do with it and re-export. You may or may not have to reimport this into L3DT to re-export again into xyc or asc if CE3 doesn't allow you to export to anything other than raw/r16.

That being said though, I don't see why you could just reduce the min/max within L3DT itself so you don't have such intense mountains. You can also do curvature/gradient smoothing within L3DT too.

As for your textures, do you mean the sat image or that actual textures placed via the mask information? Ensure you have your mask create successfully, good practice (or at least, *my* good practice) would to only use primary type colours, e.g. Red, Blue, Green. Cyan and Yellow work well too. Check your layers file to make sure your textures are looking for the right colour.

By default, the climates in L3DT use a variety of colours for the attributes maps. This can easily be changed in the climate editor, or in Photoshop by selecting the appropriate colour range and replacing it with your colour of choice.

Edit: Also, just to give you the option - I feel exporting/importing to and from CE3 is the longer way to do things. If you just need to flatten terrain, L3DT can handle this quite easy. Just click the 'Edit' button on the toolbar. You can then 'Lower To' or 'Raise To' a certain height (As well as use the Level tool!)

Finalising the project wrp is as easy as exporting your project from Terrain Builder to a .wrp and using Mikero's PboProject to convert it.

Edited by imawesty

Print screen your samplers tab

You can smooth in L3DT, you can change all your terrains height etc through it, once happy recalculate it and export the files again.

It's also well worth following Jakerods Atlas Guide several times to understand the basics.