herr_kaleun

Bundeswehr Kleiderkammer ( Gear of the German Armed Forces )

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I assume Tropen versions of the Koppel and Splitterschutzweste are coming?

Hey mondkalb, nice to see that you are still around! The pictures look amazing.

@Aniallator: No, there won't be any Tropen versions of the Koppel and Splitterschutzweste, since there weren't any in real life. We are working on other vests which will also be available in Tropentarn.

Here is a WIP picture of the Lindnerhof Gen 5 plate carrier in coyote:

4s2fgs3e.jpg

• Like 10

@Aniallator: No, there won't be any Tropen versions of the Koppel and Splitterschutzweste, since there weren't any in real life. We are working on other vests which will also be available in Tropentarn.

<snip>

Looks very very good Kamerad!

Ah OK. What are the Tropen vests seen worn by German soldiers if Afghanistan?

@Aniallator: That's a little complicated. Going into Afghanistan Germany didn't even had a vest. So during the first years there was a lot of development going on and there are many prototypes. Nowadays there is the proper IDz system by the German Military, but it is in quite small numbers. Most soldiers buy their gear themselves.

The 2 vests we will do are the Lindnerhof Gen 5 plate carrier (commercial plate carrier worn by many) and the IDz 2006 vest by Mehler (one of the prototypes). The IDZ 2006 to us is the best looking. The modern proper IDZ vest is avaiable in the Bundeswehr Mod, if you are interested.

@Aniallator: That's a little complicated. Going into Afghanistan Germany didn't even had a vest. So during the first years there was a lot of development going on and there are many prototypes. Nowadays there is the proper IDz system by the German Military, but it is in quite small numbers. Most soldiers buy their gear themselves.

The 2 vests we will do are the Lindnerhof Gen 5 plate carrier (commercial plate carrier worn by many) and the IDz 2006 vest by Mehler (one of the prototypes). The IDZ 2006 to us is the best looking. The modern proper IDZ vest is avaiable in the Bundeswehr Mod, if you are interested.

I'm sorry, I never served so I don't know exactly how the Bundeswehr works, but why do soldiers have to buy their own gear?

And I think it's a pity we wont see the IDZ gear. I know the BWMod has the gear, but quite frankly I think their stuff is quite low-quality..

They don't have to buy their own gear. The Bundeswehr does provide full gear but it's a little last week. That's why a lot of soldiers stepped up their gear on their own. To my knowledge a lot of German units (like Fallschirmjäger platoons) also buy commercial gear for their soldiers and provide it. 

Please anyone correct me if I am wrong, I also didn't ever serve. That's just what i gathered.

There is no real gain in us doing the same uniforms, vests and other gear the BWmod is doing. (especially because Feldhobel and I are part of it)
We don't want to get into any kind of competition with the BWmod, we much rather want to add to it. Also and this might sound selfish: We don't like the IDZ stuff. Neither the visuals nor the gameplay a proper IDZ gear would provide.

• Like 2

Appreciate the answer, interesting!

Can't say I'm a fan of IdZ stuff either... I personally don't like too modern a feel when it comes to representing modern-day militaries.

While I agree with @pipewr3nch that Kleiderkammer has higher-quality content, the BWMod IMO has by far the highest quality vehicles of any mod. Have you guys considered vehicles, or will you rely on other mods like BW and Alpion's NH90 for that?

To my knowledge a lot of German units (like Fallschirmjäger platoons) also buy commercial gear for their soldiers and provide it. 

Please anyone correct me if I am wrong.

I can confirm that our Unit (Airborne Recon) was issued with Eagle Industries CIRAS Plate Carriers which were bought on company level, they were really great for the time when they were bought, which was back in 2008, they were great Vests for sure, but now they've been widely replaced by most Soldiers, who bought new Vests for themselves, the most popular ones were the LHTs, mostly Gen 3, and Gen 4, the Crye CPC (which i bought for myself too) and the LBT6094, there are of course some exceptions like Mayflowers or JPCs for example but they aren't really common.

The same thing goes for Helmets and Uniforms in General, which were mostly replaced by Leo Köhlers KSK Uniforms and Crye G3s in Flecktarn, on the Helmet Side, there are mostly Ops Cores now and some Airframes but i heard some significant dislike from thoose who bought them instead of Ops Cores.

Liebe die Mod, echt super Uniformen, und Westen!

Habe jedoch 3 Fragen:

1. Wird es auch Westen in Tropentarn geben?

2. Was soll man unter "Bundeswehr Waffenkammer" verstehen?

3. Was soll man unter "Bundeswehr Garage" verstehen?

Liebe die Mod, echt super Uniformen, und Westen!

Habe jedoch 3 Fragen:

1. Wird es auch Westen in Tropentarn geben?

2. Was soll man unter "Bundeswehr Waffenkammer" verstehen?

3. Was soll man unter "Bundeswehr Garage" verstehen?

This is an English forum, please post in English only.

• Like 1

This is an English forum, please post in English only.

My bad.

My two Question where: 

1. Is there going to be Tropentarn vests?

2. What does the "Bundeswehr Waffenkammer"/ "Bundeswehr Garage" mean, is it a mod thats allready out or is it still in development?

My bad.

My two Question where: 

1. Is there going to be Tropentarn vests?

2. What does the "Bundeswehr Waffenkammer"/ "Bundeswehr Garage" mean, is it a mod thats allready out or is it still in development?

Hello M. Capry,

1. There will be Tropentarn-versions of the vest in the Kleiderkammer

and

2. Wes still have the Logo but not the content, maybe in the future there will be Vehicles and Weapons but not now.

• Like 2

Serverkey is missing and date of change on Armaholic do not fit the real change (also the Version is not updated by from the author ):(

@lumnuon Thanks a lot for sharing, It is unauthorized and I will see to it.

@eckart The most up-to-date versions will always be on our link. The external mirrors are not directly done by us. I will see to the problem.

I know this is a bit off topic, but if you guys were still interested in doing vehicles, I have an idea for you. The guys from HAFM have made an aircraft pack which includes the F-4 Phantom, which was used by the Luftwaffe during the Cold War and even today. If you could get permission from them, you could give it a Luftwaffe retexture for your first aircraft. I'll give the actual aircraft a try and let you know how the actual quality of it is. Thanks for reading :smile_o:

EDIT: I went ahead and tried it out. It seems to be of pretty good quality, but unfortunately it doesn't include long range AA missiles or ATGM's like the BW had. Perhaps it can be requested if you guys want to give it a shot. The texturing is okay, it includes afterburners, a working WSO station, and AIM-9's (among other features of course.)

Hey lionhawk123,

The cold war is not really our target timeframe. Thanks a lot for your time though. I think the guys from the German Armed Forces Mod  would be more suited for the F-4 Phantom. 

I sure would love to see the F-4 in ArmA 3! :)

Cheers,

Herr_KaLeun

• Like 2

Unfortunately it happened again.

A German community, Bundeswehr Roleplay (arma-bw.de/) is distributing our mod on the Steam Workshop. This is happening without our knowledge or permission.
Today and yesterday I spent a good hour each on their teamspeak trying to reach somebody. It's the second time this particular community has uploaded our mod to the SWS and they don't seem to want to talk to me, probably because they know what they are doing. Steam was informed, but I have no idea how long that may take.

The Link to their SWS item: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=871985070

Please do NOT use this link. We as authors have no control over the files in this mod and it might not mirror our actual mod in function.

I personally think that this is quite a brash thing to do and I unfortunately have no real power to do anything against it, except contacting Steam. One thing is for sure: It ain't motivating.

• Like 9