herr_kaleun

Bundeswehr Kleiderkammer ( Gear of the German Armed Forces )

I'm not asking for an update, I'm asking to know that the project hasn't died.

Still looked at the same way, you just gotta let the author come back to the thread when he pleases.

Hey everybody!

The mod is not dead, We are still working on the announced stuff . Time was quite sparce for us recently, hence the delay..

I might publish some WIP pics today, so watch out for that

• Like 1

Hey everybody!

The mod is not dead, We are still working on the announced stuff . Time was quite sparce for us recently, hence the delay..

I might publish some WIP pics today, so watch out for that

Schön zu hören, Herr Kaleun! Gute Leute muss man haben ... gute Leute. ;)

Hey guys,

Today I we would like to present a small WIP-update to you:

mzymcc5k.jpg

5m3hk9h5.jpg

8lg8izz7.jpg

5rg9fnuk.jpg

gfgk4dwg.jpg

Here you can see our new Splitterschutzweste with the Koppeltragegestell. We aim to produce a high variety of versions to outfit a full Squad. The Koppeltragegestell will be a separate vest as well and will also be available in the said versions.

We are also working on a modern vest called the Lindnerhof plate carrier V5. https://www.hqg.de/hqg/de/shop/Ausruestung/Kategorien-Ausr/Schutzwesten/Plattentraeger/Plattentraeger,+abwerfbar+V+Generation/?card=9362​ ) We also aim for a bunch of variants.

Depending on how good our progress will be, we might throw in one or two suprises ;)

Cheers, 

Herr_KaLeun

• Like 12

Today we set up the versions for the Koppeltragegestell, with and without the Splitterschutzweste. We will have versions for: (Group-)Leaders, Machinegunner, MG-Assistant, Medic and Rifleman. There will be a blank Splitterschutzweste for VIPs and tank-crews etc aswell.

Do you guys have any wishes for more versions? If so: What versions and how could we distinguish them?

All our versions are visibly different right now and if we implement any more classes it should stay that way.

Should you have a wish for another class, we would also need an idea how to implement it visually.

Greetings

• Like 1

Thrilled to hear that you are adding the LHT Gen V.

Can't wait to use the Vest i wear nearly everyday in Arma too.

Amazing work as always! thanks for putting you're offtime into this and bringing those assets for the German Arma Community into the Game.

Cheer's

New version is live! See all changes in the changelog!

The TFAR Radios are optional. If you are not using TFAR you can just delete the pbw_radio.pbo.

• Like 4

nice work guys keep it up.

what weapon addons are you guys using in the pix.

I'd wager they're using NIArms weapons.

Nice too see the SpliSchu in Arma.  Looks just like the real thing.

• Like 1

first of all thanx for this real good mod.

issues:

-no keys-folder within the download

-when opening virtuell arsenal, after you have selected a certain rank-sign with your "pbw-options", it is reseted to "private".

Thanks for the feedback!

@madpat3: We will look into it, thanks for posting the bugs!

-when opening virtuell arsenal, after you have selected a certain rank-sign with your "pbw-options", it is reseted to "private".

correction: not reseted to private, but to the rank, that the unit has been assigned to within the mission.

Is there an English translation for the ACE options? I love how you can roll up sleeves and change the helmet but as someone who doesn't speak German I have to experiment each time I use the menu.

Hey, first off all thank you very much for your great work

I don't want to request anything, but are there plans for the IdZ gear and the KSK gear?

Hey, first off all thank you very much for your great work

I don't want to request anything, but are there plans for the IdZ gear and the KSK gear?

If you want IdZ Gear, download the Bundeswehr Mod from the BWMod team.

@khaosmatical:We have translations for all items, I don't actually know whether our ACE options are translated. If not, I shall add it to our To-Do List :)

@pipewr3nch: as the very first post states the timeframe for the mod is 1995-2005. If you are interested in the proper IDZ gear the Bwmod has what you are looking for.

Our upcoming vest, the Lindnerhof Gen 5 plate carrier, might satisfy your KSK-needs though ;)

• Like 2

I just saw you also planned to release a mod for Bundeswehr vehicles. Are you still planning to do so some point in the future?

I know it's for 90's/2000's, but have you considered perhaps a few pieces of retextured gear for 80's German gear (DDR and BRD), not gear packs or anything, just uniform textures? Then we'd have almost every era of German forces in Arma 3. :D

@pipewr3nch: We would certainly like to do vehicles at some point. Right now we are not really able to do so. For one thing we don't have a lot of time to do anything for the mod, so it makes more sense for us to do smaller projects. On the other hand, we are no masters/geniuses at modding ArmA at all. This is our very first mod and we are learning a lot as we go, making lots of mistakes along the way. 

@Red Partisan: I wouldn't say we really considered it. Our Texture-Guy, Feldhobel, actually lives in the ex-DDR area and i believe he has made a retexture of the Feldbluse in "Nadeltarn"-style, just for fun, a few months back.Still I don't think it would be wise to diversify our mod by adding another era, even if it is just done by retextures. There is still a lot of stuff we want to do with our current set era and the mod should represent that.

One thing should be said here though: If you want to do retexturing work yourself we are not opposed to that. If it is done right you may be allowed to post the retextures as an independent mod.