herr_kaleun

Bundeswehr Kleiderkammer ( Gear of the German Armed Forces )

Hey,

Currently we are focusing on the Infantry (Jäger- and Panzergrenadiertruppe). There is still a lot to do in terms of vests and other gear items, so Navy and Air Force will take a while.

The next update will probably be quite soon, no real date in mind though.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hey,

Currently we are focusing on the Infantry (Jäger- and Panzergrenadiertruppe). There is still a lot to do in terms of vests and other gear items, so Navy and Air Force will take a while.

The next update will probably be quite soon, no real date in mind though.

Cheers

Next update will introduce vests, yes? If so... then I reeeaaally want it, because the great Kleiderhammer stuff just doesn't really go with the (IMO) inferior BW stuff.

Let's be honest here: Most of the BW-Stuff the Bundeswehr-Mod provides is only acceptable because it is the only provider for its content.
I am tremendously happy for dedicated individuals such as "herr_kaleun" here, that aim to provide us with a more diverse set of content that is accessable to everyone.

Can't wait for the new vests!

Keep up the great work herr_kaleun !

Thanks.

I have to say he is right.

I think the BWMod is more busy to wallow itself in self-pity than making actual content.

As evident by the Forum.

But this was like that in EVERY Version of the BWMod. For the whole Arma Series.

• Like 1

And just to clarify, I'm not saying the BW mod on a whole is inferior. I'm saying the content in BW mod that has been remastered in Kleiderhammer, helmets, uniforms, etc, is of much better quality in Kleiderhammer.

And just to clarify, I'm not saying the BW mod on a whole is inferior. I'm saying the content in BW mod that has been remastered in Kleiderhammer, helmets, uniforms, etc, is of much better quality in Kleiderhammer.

Sorry guys, but I think you missunderstand the goal of the BW-Mod. I like Kaleuns work too and it is right, that the BW-Mod is not the fastest in the community, but you cannot compare these projects.

The BW-Mod simulates the IDZ-ES infantry system (infantryman of the future-advanced system). This system is very new and will be the future of the german infantry: http://www.rheinmetall-defence.com/media/editor_media/rm_defence/publicrelations/bilder/Infanteristen.jpg. So they have other helmets, vests, weapons and vehicles.

The Kleiderkammer represents the "old/actual" Bundeswehr. The stuff of this mod is/was used in the daily service (Feldbluse) or the deployments in the Kosovo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Members_of_the_German_Operational_Reserve_Force_Battalion_provide_security_during_the_Kosovo_Force_(KFOR)_18_Mission_Rehearsal_Exercise_(MRE)_Jan._18,_2014,_at_the_Joint_Multinational_Readiness_Center_140118-A-LO967-003.jpg.

Real fighting forces in actual battle zones are using the the IDZ-ES: http://cdn1.spiegel.de/images/image-778298-breitwandaufmacher-ghfb-778298.jpg

It is good to have other german projects in the community, but the BW-Mod is still the project with the biggest variety of high quality content.

By the way, cannot wait for the new vests too. ;)

Sorry guys, but I think you missunderstand the goal of the BW-Mod. I like Kaleuns work too and it is right, that the BW-Mod is not the fastest in the community, but you cannot compare these projects.

The BW-Mod simulates the IDZ-ES infantry system (infantryman of the future-advanced system). This system is very new and will be the future of the german infantry: http://www.rheinmetall-defence.com/media/editor_media/rm_defence/publicrelations/bilder/Infanteristen.jpg. So they have other helmets, vests, weapons and vehicles.

The Kleiderkammer represents the "old/actual" Bundeswehr. The stuff of this mod is/was used in the daily service (Feldbluse) or the deployments in the Kosovo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/Members_of_the_German_Operational_Reserve_Force_Battalion_provide_security_during_the_Kosovo_Force_(KFOR)_18_Mission_Rehearsal_Exercise_(MRE)_Jan._18,_2014,_at_the_Joint_Multinational_Readiness_Center_140118-A-LO967-003.jpg.

Real fighting forces in actual battle zones are using the the IDZ-ES: http://cdn1.spiegel.de/images/image-778298-breitwandaufmacher-ghfb-778298.jpg

It is good to have other german projects in the community, but the BW-Mod is still the project with the biggest variety of high quality content.

By the way, cannot wait for the new vests too. ;)

This isn't exactly true, real fighting troops in Afghanistan for example are usually using self bought vests from Zentauron etc.

This is because of the many shortcomings of the new IDZ-ES Vests etc.

2-format2403.jpg2670_V%20II%20Plattentr%C3%A4ger%20Set%2

This isn't exactly true, real fighting troops in Afghanistan for example are usually using self bought vests from Zentauron etc.

This is because of the many shortcomings of the new IDZ-ES Vests etc.

The soldiers in your picture were not equipped with the IdZ-ES. They have the normal G36-A2 and not the new G36-A3. Also the soldier on the right side is using the normal IdZ vest. Maybe this picture is older, but the last contingents of the QRF/ASB (Quick Reaction Force/Ausbildungs- und Schutzbataillon) were equipped with the new IdZ-ES.

Video of the german army about the QRF, where you can see the IdZ-ES in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agp1BZmF33w

The soldiers in your picture were not equipped with the IdZ-ES. They have the normal G36-A2 and not the new G36-A3. Also the soldier on the right side is using the normal IdZ vest. Maybe this picture is older, but the last contingents of the QRF/ASB (Quick Reaction Force/Ausbildungs- und Schutzbataillon) were equipped with the new IdZ-ES.

Video of the german army about the QRF, where you can see the IdZ-ES in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agp1BZmF33w

As said it is not that the System is not available but the fact that the system is in fact very bad, uncomfortable and cumbersome for the Soldiers, as a result many soldiers prefer the Zentauron or Eagle System Vests. Same thing as some soldiers are wearing KSK Smocks in regular units or Cyre G3 Combat Attire.

Hey guys,

Today we present the newest version of our mod. A lot has changed and there is new stuff.

Regarding the headgear we have 2 all new helmets: The M71 and B282. Also smaller items like berets (complementing those of the BWmod), shemags, balaclavas and new glasses found their way into there.

The uniforms now have the option to display your rank ingame. To set it up we have implemented a small menu-screen in the ESC-Menu.

All of the existing stuff was also partly altered and improved. Full changelog in the main post, as well as the download link.

Unfortunately there are still no Feldjacke or armored-vests. We have a pretty clear vision of how we want them to be and weren't able to reach it yet.

So long,

Herr_KaLeun, Feldhobel and Jan

• Like 2

Excellent mod! Thank you for bringing this to Arma.

Is there any chance that you will also make Cold War, West German uniforms? :)

@Svarun: Probably not. Our set time is betwenn 2000 and today, even though we won't hold to that 100%.

If you are interested in those times, check out Marseille77 and his mod. It's here on the Bis-Forums. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact name of his mod.

cheers

Hey everybody,

Here is a little teaser of a small sideproject:

l8ftqm7q.png

This is our SEM52SL for TFAR. It has lots of features like turning knobs for channel-selection and sound volume, a working "Taschenkarte" and some more. 

We are currently still testing it, but it won't be far until release.

Cheers,

Herr_KaLeun

• Like 7

Is this mod dead?

No, and I believe there's an update coming in the near-ish future ;)

Oh thank goodness! I made remakes of every infantry unit from BWmod with this gear, just waiting on vests to complete the look! I hope they include full vests as well as the Bundeswehr harness that is sometimes used. :D

Oh thank goodness! I made remakes of every infantry unit from BWmod with this gear, just waiting on vests to complete the look! I hope they include full vests as well as the Bundeswehr harness that is sometimes used. :D

TBH I don't even use German forces stuff right now, because Bundeswehr's 2020 setting is too futuristic for me and Kleiderhammer isn't complete without vests. Judging by the quality of all their other stuff, I think the vests are going to be gorgeous! Kleiderhammer + NIArms G36 + BWMod vehicles/weapons = happy me :)

Don't request updates or release dates, it's rude and a very quick way to earn the moderators' ire

asking for updates is considered spam and against the forum rules mate ;)