Sign in to follow this  
Chris_Acrobat

setWaypointType "FOLLOW" works in editor but not in script?

//(group SDV) setBehaviour "CARELESS";
_waypoint = (group effectiveCommander SDV) addWaypoint [boat, 0];
_waypoint setWaypointType "FOLLOW";

When I try to make a SDV to follow a boat in a script, nothing happens. I do know that "FOLLOW" is NOT in setWaypointType, but it is an option if you create a waypoint in the GUI-editor. Any ideas?

I've never used this before, so if it doesn't work don't blame me :P

(group SDV) doFollow boat

or something like that.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/doFollow

Only issue is if you don't want the two units to be in the same group (note at the bottom):

These commands (Dofollow or CommandFollow) works only if the two units are in the same group.

Only issue is if you don't want the two units to be in the same group (note at the bottom):

Already tried and JShock is right, they does not seem to work if the objects aren't in the same group (as they shall not be). Can a GameLogic or anything (invisible, not just hidden) be part of a group?

Ik kinda obvious but you could just use the in game editor waypt.

That would be obvious, if it wouldn't be for that I am asking how to do this in a script. No, the SDV (submarine, read torpedo) is spawned and is supposed to move as close as possible to the boat and possibly hitting it. The later "hitting"-part can be hardcoded later.

U could just use

sdv attachTo [boat,[0,5,0];

or vector crap idk.

attachTo? What? No, absolutely not. And I am already using setVelocity with unsatisfying results.

Thanks for trying to help, but if you do not know, please stop answering.

When I try to make a SDV to follow a boat in a script, nothing happens. I do know that "FOLLOW" is NOT in setWaypointType, but it is an option if you create a waypoint in the GUI-editor. Any ideas?

Hi, missing support of the "FOLLOW" waypoint type is very probably a mistake on our side. Could you please report this issue on Fedback Tracker? We will look at it and fix it. Thanks!

Hi, missing support of the "FOLLOW" waypoint type is very probably a mistake on our side. Could you please report this issue on Fedback Tracker? We will look at it and fix it. Thanks!

I will! I was going to do that soon anyway, just wanted to confirm it first.

EDIT: Done. #24030

Edited by Chris_Acrobat