Sign in to follow this  
strannix

ARMA 3 RAM Performance

Sup,

Would 32GB of DDR4 RAM make any difference to my custom mission performance?

Current

CPU: 4790K @ 4.4Ghz

GPU: Asus 6950

RAM: 6GB DDR3

PSU: Jeantech 850w

- Col. Strannix

Sup,

Would 32GB of DDR4 RAM make any difference to my custom mission performance?

Current

CPU: 4790K @ 4.4Ghz

GPU: Asus 6950

RAM: 6GB DDR3

PSU: Jeantech 850w

- Col. Strannix

DDR4 I dont know, but 32GB of DDR3 would make all the difference, 6GB is not enough for Arma 3 demandings.

What??? Am runing 16gb and have never usede more than 5,2gb

You could put arma 3 on a ramdrive with that much RAM. It whould be some crazy PC master race stuff. You could also get a SSD which whould have the same (if not more) impact on the performance (assuming you're not going to use ramdrive).

You could put arma 3 on a ramdrive with that much RAM. It whould be some crazy PC master race stuff. You could also get a SSD which whould have the same (if not more) impact on the performance (assuming you're not going to use ramdrive).

I've never used RAM drive and have a Samsung 850 120GB Evo however my steam library runs off a 1TB WD HDD. I've made some pretty densely populated custom missions and would like to know how to better run them. Assuming what loopdk said that Arma 3 only utilizes a certain amount of RAM, DDR4 timings should bridge the gap to make some difference.

I am starting to believe that some users in this forum do not have Arma 3 or at least do not play often.

Is exactly because you use 5.2 GB RAM that you need more. Having 10% of RAM available turns flush in a pain, increase latency and degrades performance.

More RAM means better performance with Arma 3, why?

Because Arma 3 cache a considerable amount of data and less RAM means more data cached in to Hard Drive, obviously RAM performance (write/read/flush) is faster than whatever Hard Drive.

So yes, more RAM = better performance with whatever frequency or timings.

We agree.... Almost..

there will be no diffence frome 12 to 16 to 32.

I am running 16 and with windows7 and arma i dont get over 9.4 gb

So what do you want the rest for ?

But the ram speed is another game...

i went frome 1600 to 2666 an that gave me 6 fps :)

OP has 6GB, asked if would make difference increasing to 32GB.

You said "The easy answer.... No".

So whats the deal? It makes difference or not?

No 32gb is wast of mony.

Go for 12 if poseble ore ells 16gb an 2666hz

Use the rest for a small ssd to arma3

I've never used RAM drive and have a Samsung 850 120GB Evo however my steam library runs off a 1TB WD HDD. I've made some pretty densely populated custom missions and would like to know how to better run them. Assuming what loopdk said that Arma 3 only utilizes a certain amount of RAM, DDR4 timings should bridge the gap to make some difference.

You can easily move A3 only to the SSD if there is room for it. Could be tight with OS + A3 on a 120 GB.

/KC

I recently upgraded from 6 to 12 GB RAM & i got an FPS boost of around 8 fps...

I don't get above the 8.7 Usage.

I dont know but I can only play the game for 10 minutes max and then the computer is telling me "Outofmemory" but apparently it's an ongoing issue with Arma? I just can't find a solution anywhere.

I've made some pretty densely populated custom missions and would like to know how to better run them.

Add a caching script to your mission:

AI Caching and Distribution SP/MP

by Naught

http://tinyurl.com/q7y8nba

An SQF script designed to dynamically cache and distribute AI units across machines for maximum performance.

or

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25073

A revisited version of the simpleCache script included in AI Spawn Script Pack which does not require to execute any

controlled militarize and fillHouse script before.