hey, us girls need good looking guys to look at y'know, its law in the games industry XD

I would love to see a guy with two eye patches!

Would totally play sniper with it. Imagine the reactions on your team XD

I gave the rights to the eyepatch model to another modder, its their choice what to do with them

I gave the rights to the eyepatch model to another modder, its their choice what to do with them

Was it RobertHammer, by chance? :P

It was a guy called Lexx :)

okay facial Variation 2's textures are finished, the names given are the names you will see them as in the profile selection

anyway:

You've already met Anderson and Rodriguez

anderson_by_zeealex-d8sj4xp.jpg

Nikoladze

nikoladze_by_zeealex-d8sj5d7.jpg

Jones

jones_by_zeealex-d8sj5cv.jpg

Gordon (A Homage to Buzz Gordon)

gordon_by_zeealex-d8sj5cm.jpg

Rodriguez

rodriguez_by_zeealex-d8sj7ay.jpg

Getting variation 1 sorted and Variation 3 modelled as we speak :)

• Like 1

Man those are great, some even look like real people I know! Love that we finally got an old guy -any plans for women civvies? Great work btw

Those are nothing short of incredible, period. *in awe*

@electricleash, what if I told you they use the exact same eyes? I retrofitted the BIS eye models to this head, they do look different though, I'll take in mind what you said though, and i'll see if I can make any alterations to the specular map to make them seem less painted.

That is strange, I wonder what made the difference...

Anyway, great if you decide to look into it.

All the heads are looking superb!

Add a nice beard model to "Nikoladze" and you could make a pretty good middle-eastern face.:cool:

Awesome work.

thanks guys! :D

@ElectricLeash it is a bit odd, I'll point direct light at him and see if the snake eyes appear, it could be an illusion due to the eyes being closer together and being a part of a different facial shape.

in the meantime... I made a beard model that doesn't interfere with the original texture, instead it just has a separate texture call.

beard_by_zeealex-d8sn3s0.jpg

beard_side_by_zeealex-d8sn3sc.jpg

I will be correcting the colours and the alpha issue on his right side, I'm just trying to make a base colour.

@MikeTim, I'll look into that, but Nikoladze is meant to be Georgian :)

That is strange, I wonder what made the difference...

Anyway, great if you decide to look into it.

All the heads are looking superb!

I'd say it's an illusion because you've only seen the new faces in photos. When you see the new faces in dynamic environment, your brain will notice they don't have staccades too, and mark them as unnatural. It's like with misheard lyrics - you can't unhear them :D

Rainbow Six Vegas series tried to workaround this by adding staccades to a character model visible in menu. They were a bit exaggerated, but did the trick - the character seemed much more alive. I encourage you to look it up.

Edited by DarkWanderer

in the meantime... I made a beard model that doesn't interfere with the original texture, instead it just has a separate texture call.

http://orig05.deviantart.net/68b6/f/2015/128/3/7/beard_by_zeealex-d8sn3s0.jpg

http://pre04.deviantart.net/da98/th/pre/f/2015/128/6/f/beard_side_by_zeealex-d8sn3sc.jpg

I will be correcting the colours and the alpha issue on his right side, I'm just trying to make a base colour.

That looks just awesome!

Edited by DarkWanderer

I'd say it's an illusion because you've only seen the new faces in photos. When you see the new faces in dynamic environment, your brain will notice they don't have staccades too, and mark them as unnatural. It's like with misheard lyrics - you can't unhear them :D

Rainbow Six Vegas series tried to workaround this by adding staccades to a character model visible in menu. They were a bit exaggerated, but did the trick - the character seemed much more alive. I encourage you to look it up.

yeah, Mass Effect did something similar, compared to it Arma 3's eye movements are few and far between.

Glad you guys like the beard, playtesting now i did come across a lighting error on a couple of guys textures, I might need someone to confirm it in a beta test.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

okay so i'm having a little bit of trouble with the beards, their alpha doesn't want to play nice at all! I'll keep at it though.

Awesome, really interesting and thanks for the link. I work in 2D animation where eye position and perception of focus is incredibly important but rarely do you see this staccades effect used, other than in the occasional closeup scenes (I didn't in-fact know the terminology). Reserved more for the 3D animation world I think.

OT: Beards looking great, hope you find a way through the alpha issue.

okay, my dear friend sykocrazy packed it and tested it on his end and the beard worked, so the alpha error wasnt my fault, yay!!!

on the other hand, pboproject is still being finnicky so i'm having to use addon builder from now on. :(

as for the beard, it needs a few more tufts (I love that word) its looking a little scarce its 271 polys at the moment, I think I could possibly bump it up to 6,000 without a major hit XD i'm joking, a couple of hundred more will do it

on the other hand, pboproject is still being finnicky so i'm having to use addon builder from now on. :(

It seems something changed with the recent patch with regards to Binarization of P3Ds and pboProject's detection of the p3d file format. The latest version of pboProject works fine with the new file formats, however is only available to those who pay a subscription to Mikero's tools. Not trying to drag this thread off topic, but just thought you and this project may benefit from the info.

On topic, the beards are progressing well. At first I thought it a strange decision to use a different texture for them rather than map a part of the hair to them, but after thinking it over and realising I myself have dark brown hair yet my beard (if I were allowed to grow one for work) goes ginger - I realised its probably the best call :P It also allows for bald face textures to have a beard (such as a couple of the default face textures).

Edited by Jackal326

It seems something changed with the recent patch with regards to Binarization of P3Ds and pboProject's detection of the p3d file format. The latest version of pboProject works fine with the new file formats, however is only available to those who pay a subscription to Mikero's tools. Not trying to drag this thread off topic, but just thought you and this project may benefit from the info.

On topic, the beards are progressing well. At first I thought it a strange decision to use a different texture for them rather than map a part of the hair to them, but after thinking it over and realising I myself have dark brown hair yet my beard (if I were allowed to grow one for work) goes ginger - I realised its probably the best call :P It also allows for bald face textures to have a beard (such as a couple of the default face textures).

thanks for that info Jackal, I'll use addon builder until i can get the money together for pbo project.

yeah, the beards will work as favourably as possible with the heads, I'll be taking snippets of the average colours in the models hair and drawing them into the beard. they should look okay by the time they're finished.

to those who PM'ed about beta testing, I'm just going to make sure that addon builder is packing PBO files correctly to save initial confusion.

Edited by zeealex

zeealex,

I love the look of these! Can't wait for their release. It's almost agonizing to have to wait for them, as I'm creating units using Virtual Arsenal, and would dearly like to add these faces to the mix. Variety is the spice of life! :)

Please consider creating selectable faces of a badly wounded and/or of a diseased nature. These types of faces are very hard to come by for Arma 3, and I'm completely confident that they would see a lot of use for apocalyptic scenarios. With the world economy in an impossible state to fix, and with a constant threat of collapse, apocalyptic content has been, is, and will continue to be, a popular genre of self-expression and creation. Right now, gulozwood's Dawn of the Dead mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26716&highlight=DAWN%2BOF%2BTHE%2BDEAD is about the only mod that supplies such content for anyone to use (it's not of an exclusive nature, such as Breaking Point's terrific zombies). Considering how amazing your female heads are (I'm so grateful for those - thank you!), and how terrific these new masculine heads look, I'm very excited at the thought of you unleashing your talents on something of an apocalyptic/creature nature. I'm certain that they'd be unforgettable. :)

Could you recommend to me a terrific tutorial on making masks and helmets? In a few weeks, I'll finally have some real time to do some modding, and I have a handful of sketches for masks that I think would look great in the game. I've spent some time looking for an easy to understand tutorial, but haven't found any. If you know of one, would you be so kind as to post a link to it in a reply to this post?

Keep up the great work. Terrific as usual. :bounce3:

hey kyle, thanks for the kind words :)

i'll certainly llok into the thepost apocalyptic faces, for now I just want to get everything done and down, then I can start adding different variation packs, I was intending to make more beaten up faces anyway.

I wont say too much, no promises really :)

as for tutorials, what types of masks are we talking here? PM me with an image if you can, i'll be able to help you out better then