Sign in to follow this  
total

Zeus - Dynamic Script template with options?

Hello,

I wonder if it is possible to "generate" or use a dynamic script based on the choices you make via a unit menu as Zeus. After the script is generated, it will run on the server. I'll try to explain what I mean. I hope someone can see if this is possible in one way or another.

For example:

I add a custom unit in Zeus with an addon. When selecting this unit in Zeus, it will pop up a window with some options to fill the fields that's missing in the script template. When everything is selected and I press Create, then it will generate and run my script (dynamic script template) on the server.

An example of a unit script template: - I know this is wrong, but this is just to show what I mean.

Private ["_grp1";
if (! isServer && hasInterface) exitwith {};

_sideHQ = createCenter east;

_grp1 = createGroup east;
_grp1 = [getMarkerPos "[b][Patrol marker selection from the popup window][/b]", _sideHQ, ["O_soldier_TL_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader _grp1,"[b][spawn marker selection from the popup window][/b]","ONROAD","WEDGE","SAFE","LIMITED","nowait"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Is this possible?

There must be a way to change a script with options and then run the script?

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Will this work?

2x dropdown menus in the unit popup window: Patrolmarkers and Spawnmarkers. After hitting create this will run on the headless client:

nul = ["patrolmarker","spawnmarker"] execVM "unitspawnscript.sqf"

unitspawnscript.sqf:

Private ["_grp";
if (! isServer && hasInterface) exitwith {};

_patrolmarker = _this select 0;
   _spawnmarker = _this select 1;
   _side = createCenter east;

_grp = createGroup east;
_grp = [getMarkerPos "_patrolmarker", _side, ["O_soldier_TL_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader _grp,"_spawnmarker","ONROAD","WEDGE","SAFE","LIMITED","nowait"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

Edited by Total

Unfortunately I can't help you with that matter as I have a very limited knowledge, but I think you are asking this in the wrong forums. This is the addons and mods forums, you should ask this in the scripting and zeus forums, where someone with knowledge could answer you, try asking that here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?199-ARMA-3-ZEUS-EDITING