Sign in to follow this  
lazerath

Arma 3 Unable to Remove Debug Console from Ingame Settings Screen on main campaign

I am having a very irritating moment in Arma 3 right now. Somehow, when I was playing, I hit the "Escape" key so that I could save my campaign mission progress and that's when I somehow "Activated" the debug console. Now when ever I hit "Escape" to save, reload or change settings that damn debug console shows up. I cannot figure out how to make it go away "Close". What Keystrokes or button on the keyboard do I use to make the debug console go away?

I have searched the internet and this website for an answer but unable to find it. I am sure this happened to me before as well but I am unable to find any post on it. I have included a thumbnail image and you can click on it to see a larger image of what I mean (debug console).

arma3debugthumbnail.jpg

Please help me remove this from the ingame Menu Screen/Settings

EDIT: Thumbnail did not show up... :( Still isn't for me, maybe its a profile setting for my account...!... BLAH.. now its showing up.. :(qq

Edited by lazerath

Either the mission or one of the mods is doing that for you. Try it with one of the BI showcases, if it's still there, one of the mods you are using is activating it.

It is the Prologue for the MAIN Campaign for Arma 3.

After I had brought up the settings menu on the left (Hit escape) I accidently hit some keys on my keyboard and it showed up (Brushed my hand over the keyboard accidently). So I am pretty sure its a key combination, I just don't know what...

In the vanilla game during vanilla missions, debug console isn't available with keypress outside the editor. It would make cheating very easy. :)

Try turning off addons one by one and see which one is enabling the console by key combo, when you know that, you'll know which addon to look into for turning it off. Some cheat type addons like this one enable the console in SP, so try first with any similar addons you might have

Thanks... I will check. I only use a few addons. I wonder if its virtual arsenal addon.. I use it to test different weapons on single player missions I download that only have a few weapons in them.

My addons are:

CBA A3

GetTactical (AWESOME SAUCE)

sthud

st stamina bar

VA (Virtual Arsenal)

[sP Campaign] In Our Time (Single Player Campaign Mission)

Thanks.. Still wonder what the key combo is.. would make it a lot easier to fix this then to remove addons!

Go into the editor and look along the bar at the top, there's various icons there one of which is for the debug console (think it has a picture of a spanner on it). If you hover over them a tooltip should pop up with what they are and their control combo-at a guess it would be Ctrl-D but I'm not entirely sure. To be honest I'm surprised it's possible to activate the debug console at all in BI missions without a mod but looking at your list I don't see why any of them would enable it. At a guess virtual arsenal or getTactical would be responsible but that's only based on what looks most likely.

My addons are:

CBA A3

GetTactical (AWESOME SAUCE)

sthud

st stamina bar

VA (Virtual Arsenal)

[sP Campaign] In Our Time (Single Player Campaign Mission)

Thanks.. Still wonder what the key combo is.. would make it a lot easier to fix this then to remove addons!

The only one that looks as though it may be the culprit is GetTactical due to its RTS/Interaction vibe. It could also be the Arsenal addon as you suggested. As far as I can tell there is no control input that shows/hides the console and your hand brushing over the keyboard may have been of no consequence to the appearance of the console.

Okay... I found the culprit of the problem BUT not how to fix it.

I did not realize, the Single player campaign I was playing is "In Our Time" which is NOT the main campaign but one I downloaded. The problem is still there though after I removed GetTactical and Virtual Arsenal Mods from the game. I even reverted the mission I was on (started Fresh) and the Debug Console is still there.

So I left the campaign and opened up the editor as it was suggested I do. I hovered my mouse over all the icons and wrote down the Keyboard Shortcuts for all the items. Debug Console is infact Ctrl+D. I pressed Ctrl+D at the settings screen (Debug console did NOT close) I even tried it in the campaign mission and then hit "Escape" but the Debug Console is still there. Could this be a Glitch or Error in the game that is causing it to show up?

Should I be reporting this as an error in the game to the devs? The debug Console should close with the Keyboard Shortcut shouldn't it?

Again, Debug Console shows up when I hit the "Escape" key to go to the Menu to Save, Load, Restart Mission, Save and Exit menu screen.

Please help!

Campaign author might have forgot to switch off the debug window in the description.ext.

edit:

That's a change log for the campaign so it's definitely available in at least one of the missions:

v1.0.5

Fixed an issue in mission 4 where the player is ordered to disembark the little bird as soon as he boards.

Enabled debug console for mission 4, this should allow dev branch users to board the little bird using the console command "player moveInCargo Bee2".

Various bug fixes and improvements.

edit 2: 'fix' it by editing the description file: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#enableDebugConsole

Personally I wouldn't bother if it's in the menus but if you really want to change it then edit the campaign and repack it or contact the author.

Edited by Das Attorney

Ah, okay!

Thank you a lot guys for help in figuring this out! You guys Rock! So do the awesome guys making all these awesome mods and missions! Plus of course BIS for making the game! Truly Awesome Sauce!

Cheers