Sign in to follow this  
Juhansson

Memory points out of place

So I have this house model with several doors. Some doors work as intended and some have their trigger memory points way off of where i placed them in o2. The AI can find them, but I cannot find them without disabling collisions with the house and walking through walls, to find the door opening memory point somewhere inside a wall 2m off the actual door. I am quite sure i've got the configs right and have placed the memory point vertices accurately.

Is there a way (maybe a script) to visualize where the door_#_trigger memory points are ingame?

Is there some o2 voodoo i can do to get this work?

Any guesses what I am doing wrong?

Step by step:

> Go to resolution or geometry lod

> Place a point with the insert key

> Use 4 views and move the point to exact center of the desired door

> Cut the point, open memory lod and paste the point there

> Name the point Door_1_trigger

> Check that in OpenDoor_1 class within the UserActions class the radius is set to 1.5

> Time to save, pack and try the model ingame

> Hmm cant find the Open Door 1 action

> Time to player disableCollisionWith thebuggyhouse;

> noclip around the house looking for the Open Door 1 action

> Oh wait if i look just at the right angle at the wall 2m to the left of the actual door I can open the door.

> try again moving and recreating the point to different places, always ending up not where i've actually placed it in o2

> cry a lot

Step by step:

> Go to resolution or geometry lod

> Place a point with the insert key

> Use 4 views and move the point to exact center of the desired door

> Cut the point, open memory lod and paste the point there

> Name the point Door_1_trigger

> Check that in OpenDoor_1 class within the UserActions class the radius is set to 1.5

> Time to save, pack and try the model ingame

> Hmm cant find the Open Door 1 action

> Time to player disableCollisionWith thebuggyhouse;

> noclip around the house looking for the Open Door 1 action

> Oh wait if i look just at the right angle at the wall 2m to the left of the actual door I can open the door.

> try again moving and recreating the point to different places, always ending up not where i've actually placed it in o2

> cry a lot

the door animation trigger does not moved along with the door. don't place it inside the middle of the door...place it in the middle of the opening where the door will be when it closes

the door animation trigger does not moved along with the door. don't place it inside the middle of the door...place it in the middle of the opening where the door will be when it closes

You're right, thanks for the tip.

I now completely re-did the memory points, this time in 3dsmax. And re-exported all LODs to o2 and now every memory point seems to work good and be in their correct place. No idea what caused the bug, but I'm happy everything works now.