Sign in to follow this  
zukov

finally the Merlin with luxurios inetrior !!!!!!!!!!

:yay:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Take_On_Helicopters_Data_Pack

Our company, Bohemia Interactive, has generously released a huge licensed data pack for modders. The 15GB collection of archives contains the vast majority of binarized Take On Helicopters data under 2 licenses (including the Hinds DLC). There is a newly introduced Take On Public License Share Alike (TOPL-SA), which covers the creation of derivatives for Take On. But we've also released the package under APL-SA, meaning Arma modders can benefit as well!

meantime the plants_us.pbo are useful ;)

Says binarized. seems not very usefull to bring to a3.

Check the sitrep, pretty sure they said you could un-binarise it within certain conditions.

Check the sitrep, pretty sure they said you could un-binarise it within certain conditions.

Good luck with that. Configs and rvmats are doable, but the models you'll not get very far.

This is from sitrep

"Various modders have asked us whether they can de-binarize the data within these licensed PBOs. Our goal is to stimulate the enrichment of the Armaverse with these releases. Therefore, we are OK with such use of the data, as long as the license is observed (Attribution, Noncommercial, Arma only, Share Alike for APL-SA). You can also go over the F.A.Q. for more information."

Good luck with that. Configs and rvmats are doable, but the models you'll not get very far.

I simply love your "always against any thread post" attitude!

Zukov, that looks rad!

This is a great news for modders, hope they bring cool helipaloppola to the game, and as darkside said, maybe they find a way to get also fastrope working.

I would love to see that stuff in Arma... Can't you share your packed mod with us? :)

I simply love your "always against any thread post" attitude!

You're welcome.

This is a great news for modders, hope they bring cool helipaloppola to the game, and as darkside said, maybe they find a way to get also fastrope working.

Well, its not really that great a piece of news because if the models are Binarized you can't really learn a great deal from them. However, fast-roping would be a welcome addition that would reverse my opinion.

Edited by Jackal326

You're welcome.

Not really, I think you talk too much saying useless stuffs.

Well, its not really that great a piece of news because if the models are Binarized you can't really learn a great deal from them. However, fast-roping would be a welcome addition that would reverse my opinion.

How do you think people ported A2 assets in A3? With black magic? Do you think they are wizards? There are tools out there to de-binarize models.

How do you think people ported A2 assets in A3? With black magic? Do you think they are wizards? There are tools out there to de-binarize models.

I did help a lot that the Arma 2 sample files were in fact unbinarized.

I did help a lot that the Arma 2 sample files were in fact unbinarized.

People already started porting them way before we had the ubinarized versions, right?

Anyway Mikero tools anyone?

I would love to see that stuff in Arma... Can't you share your packed mod with us? :)

nothing special i put the air and animations pbos in a folder, and loaded in game, but without work on config files is unusable

It's fairly easy to use other Arma Engije capable content without proper tools. In fact, when I got bored of Arma 3 Alpha, I loaded up Nimitz and an F-18. Worked, not as smoothly as you'd like though. Wheels clipping into ground and such.

Not really, I think you talk too much saying useless stuffs.

That is very kind of you to say, I'm flattered you would take time out of your day to convey your displeasure. However, that is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. However, I've already voiced my thoughts on other people's opinions and what I think of them.

There are tools out there to de-binarize models.

I'm sure there are. Legal and ethical arguments aside, have fun de-binarizing the models.

Well, I can tell you they didn't use any kind of model debinarizers. The models in stuff like All in Arma are still in their ArmA.2 binarized format. (Plus, I'm pretty sure Kju is a wizard, or, at the very least an enchanter or warlock of some description. But don't tell him I said that, these magical types can be notoriously vengeful! :butbut: )

Debinarizing tools produce questionable results when dealing with p3ds, if they work at all (just because TKOH's built on ArmA.2, it's still a very different beast) - especially with stuff like model.cfg selections and inheritance. The unbinarized data is far easier to learn from.

Jackal you're so irritiating, that's not an opinion but a fact.

Debinarizing tools produce questionable results when dealing with p3ds, if they work at all (just because TKOH's built on ArmA.2, it's still a very different beast) - especially with stuff like model.cfg selections and inheritance. The unbinarized data is far easier to learn from.

Thanks for the clarification, now I feel stupid :D

Jackal you're so irritiating, that's not an opinion but a fact.

The entire concept of irritation is subjective, as such can not be determined as fact. Had you used the terms arrogant, sarcastic or devilishly handsome however, I'd have agreed with you (though these too are subjective).

Thanks for the clarification, now I feel stupid :D

Only now?

Only now?

Yep, because he explained something, instead of you. Yep, arrogant. You are the BIF at it's best. But I guess these things are offtopic, right? strange you havn't pointed out that yet.

I dont see the logic behind releasing binarized models. Thats like throwing a party but locking all the doors and telling everbody to come through the window.

They should have more faith in their legal license, the worst someone can do with these models is put it into a new mod for either arma or some other game, If they try to host it on a server and ask money for it you literally have to sent one legal document to the hosting company and they would shut down the entire thing.

Edited by defk0n_NL

The thing i would Love to see in arma is that you can actually walk in the back of helicopters & planes and even fly in such a way. Would be awesome for quick extractions & halo jumps.

The thing i would Love to see in arma is that you can actually walk in the back of helicopters & planes and even fly in such a way. Would be awesome for quick extractions & halo jumps.

It's far more buggy and over rated than you think. Maybe one day there will be a game that supports walking on moving objects, player controlled or otherwise, built in for better combined operations and such. Arma 5? (lol, i know)

Hey Zukov,any chance you could port the civilian&emergency vehicles from ToH to A3??

I know the main attraction of ToH were the copters but that game had a nice selection of vehicles too like ambulance,cop cars,trucks,suvs which will be far more suited to A3 civ side considering it's lack of content.

Tbh I don't understand why BI lost time creating them for a game based on helicopters instead of making them for A2 or A3.