Cyper

Campaign: The Henchman

2l8epsh.jpg

The Henchman is trained to kill. He got a brain surgery at an early age. As a consequence of the surgery, his ability to feel fear or compassion is more or less absent. His rigorous training in combat since childhood makes him a perfect killing-machine. The Henchmans adventures begins now.

Your task in the game is to follow orders. You get one or more objectives and then it is up to you how you want to solve the mission. The outcome of the mission may change depending on how you approach the objective. Go in loud, and enemies may call for backup. Shoot down everything in your path or use disguises to reach restricted areas. Disable generators, and enemies will have difficulty to spot you. The choice is yours. Each mission can be completed in various ways.

Features

• Over 10 singleplayer missions

• Various ways of completing each objective

• A living, breathing world

• Detailed environments

• Rewamped environmental sounds

• Tweaked saturation effects

• Interaction with objectives

• Complex AI behaviour

• Disguise system

• Stealth kills

• Whistle to get enemies attention

• Ability to drag dead bodies

• Red exploding barrels

Concept Trailer

Screenshots from missions:

2m2j7o8.jpg

2djncpz.png

if3i50.png

vyole.png

4vlh69.png

2zyheti.png

24ziuzk.png

Edited by Cyper

Hey Cyper, good to see you back on campaigns... may I volunteer (again) as your playtester? The concept of this campaign is awesome, just my cup of tea on SP missions =)

Keep up the great work!

cheers!

Done reading the OP, idea of the campaign looks great. I would love to playtest and also make a review video regarding the campaign :yay:

Sounds really good.Will this be available on the Workshop?

Video is in private mode

Thanks for the feedback all.

I'm glad you want to test my campaign again Lib. Teen missions are soon ready to be tested.

There is a lot of scripting work. I work a lot with the AI behaviour. You wont just have NPCs being randomly placed on the map. The AI behaviour is scripted to adapt depending on the players actions. For example, if you kill innocent civilians you may hear sirens from an approaching police car. If you manage to eliminate the police backup will arrive. Going loud, such as blowing up stuff, may for example cause helicopters to search for you. If you're spotted on infiltration missions search parties may be sent out to look for you. If you disable generators a technician may be sent out to restore the lights. If you poison someone a death animation will be fired along with a choking sound effect. The game is a mix between Hitman, I.G.I and Far Cry.

And by the way, video is not in private mode anymore.

AWESOME< AWESOME< A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!!! Cyper, I was literally missing a SP campaign (or mission at least) with this indepth! Rest asured I´ll playtest it and feedback it accordingly!

Just lovely! ;D

Oohh and I´ve just noticed on the trailer video that we´ll be playing on several community made maps, my expectations got X10 over now =D (and the choking animation for silent takedowns.... those are from MOCAP mod, or you´ll be using scripts for them? I play with this mod on everytime, it is awesome to see it as a mission requirement ;)

Cheers!

I'm glad you like it! I have already created roughly 8 missions which are ready for testing! Tell me when you want to test them! :D

Edited by Cyper

I'm glad you like it! I have already created roughly 8 missions which are ready for testing! Tell me when you want to test them! :D

Right now? lol

I´ve just returned to my routine game nights (was awfully busy with a freelance, now I´m free and up to SP challenges) so send me the files whenever you want and I´ll feedback ya properly =)

cheers!

The files have been sent to your inbox Lib!

Done reading the OP, idea of the campaign looks great. I would love to playtest and also make a review video regarding the campaign :yay:

That sounds awesome!

You could be my second playtester if you want! If you create a video review I would really appreciate it!

Sounds really good.Will this be available on the Workshop?

It depends. I can't even upload youtube videos via steam. When I try to tie my youtube account to steam I get error.

Edited by Cyper

Just wanted to say that the project is still alive and almost ready for release.

I am just trying to polish the campaign now. Mostly using Xcam in order to put more details into the scene. And using the editor to add sounds (cars that play music for example, will have muffled sound but normal radio sound will be different), civilians, and so forth. There is also a ''Legend'' added now to make the game less confusing (because there is no clear directive on how to complete a mission)

New screenshots:

13zplrm.png

2j499h1.png

flkqpt.png

a4oq4w.png

2exon5g.png

fp5mqw.png

24ovioj.png

Edited by Cyper

This campaign is AWESOME, Cyper has put some serious efforts to include some neat features and the missions are challenging (and with a nice "Hitman" flavor) and on 3 diferent scenarios/island!

Anxious to playtest the "release candidate" and to finally see this masterpiece released to public delight ;)

cheers!

;2966130']This campaign is AWESOME' date=' Cyper has put some serious efforts to include some neat features and the missions are challenging (and with a nice "Hitman" flavor) and on 3 diferent scenarios/island!

Anxious to playtest the "release candidate" and to finally see this masterpiece released to public delight ;)

cheers![/quote']

Lucky you-getting to play this-I can't wait.It looks awesome!Looking forward to release :)

---------- Post added at 03:43 ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 ----------

What map is that in the bottom picture?Namalsk?

It´s been some serious playtesting, Cyper had lotsa bugs to squash on the latest months and a lotta new features added, I haven´t played this "immersion overhaul" which should have made the campaign even "awesomier" lol

The maps used are - Altis (Prologue); Thirsk (most missions) and N´Zwagogo (jungle themed missions)

And rest assured this time it will be released, Cyper is confident and it´s being a helluva ride lol

cheers!

Ok, I think the campaign is 99% complete now.

What is left do do is i) Export all the scripts from Xcam to all missions (the script contains added objects). ii) Find a solution to a particular bomb script. iii) Fix any issues that shows up during the last playtest.

Hopefully the campaign is released within a week. The only worries is the bomb script.

Edit: It was raining yesterday. With lot's of spare time I manage to complete i) and ii).

Edited by Cyper

Sounds good, Not played SP before, but this looks like it will be my first

Sounds good, Not played SP before, but this looks like it will be my first

You have never played Sp?Wow...Thats basically all I play ,except for a few 4-man Spec-ops missions with friends.SP in Arma is very underrated-it is really fun to lead a team and the friendly AI has improved dramatically now,especially if bCombat is used.

I have been depressed in the past year. For that reason I have not had any desire to work with the campaign.

The current state of the campaign is 98 completed. I am now back on track. But because of Eden, there is some things to do; all objects placed with XCAM will be removed - because now I can use Eden instead. Further, I am currently exporting all missions to Eden, which means that I have to check them for errors. The sky is also black for some reason on all custom maps and this issue has to be fixed somehow.

I have been depressed in the past year. For that reason I have not had any desire to work with the campaign.

The current state of the campaign is 98 completed. I am now back on track. But because of Eden, there is some things to do; all objects placed with XCAM will be removed - because now I can use Eden instead. Further, I am currently exporting all missions to Eden, which means that I have to check them for errors. The sky is also black for some reason on all custom maps and this issue has to be fixed somehow.

Sorry to hear you had a difficult year...

Regarding black skies : it is caused by Arma3's visual upgrade wich happened a few months ago. Some maps have been updated since then, but a few others are dead projects and will be broken for the time being. :/

Just make sure you have the latest versions of each map (I know Makno updated his terrains); if one of the terrains ain't updated, I guess you'll have to pick another one.

• Like 1

Welcome back !

• Like 1

Yay! Cyper is back! Count me in for any help you need buddy... sorry to hear you had depression crysis, we´ll try to cheer you up teh best we can, your fans =)

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thanks for all your kindness!  :)

Wow - the graphics have really changed in ARMA. And the new editor makes many things a lot easier. Less hours will be spent placing objects and units correctly.. It was fortunately possible to download new maps that fixed the problem with the sky. I have just gone through the first, second and third mission. I have only encountered trivial problems so far.

I uploaded a short gameplay video. It is nothing special, though, just unedited video from the beginning of the first mission. I have no videoediting program to make fancy editing. It is just to briefly demostrate the style and concept. I have looked through many similar campaign such as my own and I believe that people will enjoy playing this one. I have spent a good amount of time on this one and I personally find it fun to play and that is my leading principle: it has to be fun for me. There is also a lot small details. In this particular mission, one detail is that if you're spotted, you'll receive a notification that a search party is looking for you. If you kill the search party then there will be consequences for that as well. I have tried to link events together.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Doomboy2611 said:

Release date? looks amazing

It is against the rules to ask for any kind of update or release dates.

Welcome to the forums :)

• Like 1