Not to be flippant about it, but essentially when its done (i.e. finished, tested, used in-house for larger testing.....released). 🙂

15 hours ago, evrik said:

Not to be flippant about it, but essentially when its done (i.e. finished, tested, used in-house for larger testing.....released). 🙂

I understood asking the question is a no-no, but I didn't know how to ask if there was an expiry if I was allowed to offer suggestions, but I'll assume I'm not able to.

13 hours ago, evrik said:

You are free to offer suggestions, that's fine.

Thank you. It might come as no surprise it relates to indirect fire. ☺️
1. Ability to lock turret of L7A2 on either a specific azimuth or elevation for firing on fixed lines,
2. A visual cue to determine the elevation of the barrel in either mils or degrees, prior to locking,

3. Increased TTL of bullets on longer ranges (thanks @Blutze)
4. If there is anything that could be done to increase the beaten zone, both in width and length, at some of the longer ranges, it would ensure more effective harassing fire,

5. This is a bold one, especially when you could potentially throw out any of these suggestions, but an artillery computer for the  L7A2.

As mentioned, our group are happy with the L7A2 because a tripod mounted 7.62mm GSMG is now accessible. If none of these suggestions make the next iteration (especially 5), then we appreciate the system none the less and thank 3CB.

20 minutes ago, anfo said:

Thank you. It might come as no surprise it relates to indirect fire. ☺️
1. Ability to lock turret of L7A2 on either a specific azimuth or elevation for firing on fixed lines,
2. A visual cue to determine the elevation of the barrel in either mils or degrees, prior to locking,

3. Increased TTL of bullets on longer ranges (thanks @Blutze)
4. If there is anything that could be done to increase the beaten zone, both in width and length, at some of the longer ranges, it would ensure more effective harassing fire,

5. This is a bold one, especially when you could potentially throw out any of these suggestions, but an artillery computer for the  L7A2.

As mentioned, our group are happy with the L7A2 because a tripod mounted 7.62mm GSMG is now accessible. If none of these suggestions make the next iteration (especially 5), then we appreciate the system none the less and thank 3CB.

to piggyback off this, would it be possible to 6) have a SF variant without the LDS? LDS is a 5.56 optic and isn't used on GPMG in any form anyhow.

#POSIFAB

@Charlie1210: I think the optic on it is supposed to be a version of the C79 / M145 MGO. The static weapon is an arma 2 port. It comes with the optic as part of the model. We intended to replace the whole weapon and tripod with a new one. Not sure what has happened to that.

@anfo: Thanks for the feedback. I doubt we'll ever add an artillery computer to it. We don't like using it even for mortars! Not sure about the others. I'll pass the suggestions on.

3 hours ago, evrik said:

I doubt we'll ever add an artillery computer to it.

I get it, and it is likely the way I explained it (or didn't). With an artillery computer a GSMG beaten zone could be similar to where arty rounds would be placed, which would therefore calculate the gun's elevation and azimuth. However, based on the probability of any indirect fire features making it into the next cut I won't flog a dead horse. 🙂

3 hours ago, evrik said:

We don't like using it even for mortars!

No problem, we like the realistic angle as well

@evrik

Is there anyway to disable raising the height of the static GIMPY ( "UK3CB_BAF_Static_L7A2_Deployed_Low" )?

I can see in the config browser that the action to alter height calls a function ( UK3CB_BAF_Weapons_Static_fnc_can_alter_height ) to check condition.

I'm hoping there is a function to call or setVariable I can set to achieve this.

Cheers.

I don't believe there is. It wasn't designed to be disabled, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, evrik said:

I don't believe there is. It wasn't designed to be disabled, sorry.

No worries.

There used to be a c2 sight in Ace for arma 2 for the mortar. 

Could it be set so you can display elevation and direction as a text box or the likes? That way you can try and use map predicted, you would just have to try and work out what elevation you need for each range.  

That just thinking out loud. Whilst not strictly correct aesthetically it would do the job as a stop gap. 

I don't believe we have any current plans to make any changes to the mortar.

That's more me thinking out loud about the GPMG in sf rather than the L16 to be fair. Would require no model changes as it stands and would cover the guys asking for map predicted. 

Please add more cold war weapons like sterlings, L4A2 etc in future updates 

I have been attempting to drum up interest / help on the 'Finding' area and on discord as we have models for the weapons you mention, but no animators so can't make decent reloads. Without that, its unlikely we'll add them. Sorry.

I'm very pleased to announce version 3.0 of our 3CB BAF weapons, which includes the all new L85A3.

CHANGE LOG VESRION 3.0

• Added L85a3 Rifle and attachment system
  • Added L85a3 Rifle + L123 UGL
  • Added L85a2 RIS attachment system
  • Added L85a2 RIS rail cover system, with Desert, Green, and Winter options or none
  • Added new attachment options to L129a1
  • Added BI, RHS, and 3CB Faction weapons magazine compatibility
  • Fixed Airburst round flash bug at night on certain maps
  • Improved hand animations for L85a2, RIS and L86 rifles
  • Updated HEAT warheads for NLAW, Javelin and ILAW
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

L85A3_2.png?width=1097&height=621

L85A3_4.png?width=1097&height=621

Both L85a3 and L85a2 RIS systems have interchangeable underside attachments - or none. Images courtesy of MrMustache.

• Like 6

Thank you very much for the update! I'm so happy!

Found a few things. You can't achieve perfection, but you can strive to do so.

3ot7lCH.png

This one might be a bit older, its just that I only now paid attention to what I'm looking at before jumping down to magWells. Recommend ctrl-f'ing that throughout your codebase in case of copypasta.

1wNFj1r.png

The marked magazines dont belong here. The VHS uses G36 mags, because the Croatians already had that gun in inventory in small numbers; and the M21 mags are functionally, other than the cartridge, AK mags - see reinforcements, nose in rock back handling, and paddle release:

frCl725.png

Just slapping on some magazineWells and letting the creators of those mags do their research (plus automatically getting everything they add, without the need to update your weapon), would be a much easier solution. I don't quite get why you seem so hesitant to adopt that system across the board.

On the BAF Milan, and IIRC also on the Factions TOW, the reticle isn't centered properly:

h9lCLhH.png

That grey dot is the "cursor" for the vanilla mousewheel interaction system, the center of the screen, and pretty much the point of aim/point of impact with SACLOS weapon systems. If you want to model it, the little arrow shape in the reticle is supposed to account for recoil, or rather weight changes from the missile leaving (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3loUcIGZqE&t=30m22s). Otherwise, just center the big crosshair or something.

One more thing without image: The ACE Arsenal hides all vehicle magazines, even when they are in your currently selected weapon's magazine list or magWells. That applies to your mortar rounds, HMG belts, GMG belts, and Barrett rifle mags. You can either change their type to personal mags (switch between 0 and 256, can't remember which way around right now), or add "ace_arsenal_hide = -1;" to forceshow them. See the GitHub repo for my compat stuff I PM'd you a while ago.

• Like 3

On our server without ACE3 if we have the 3CB BAF Weapons (RHS ammo compatibility) installed the server won't start due to the following error:

20:11:05 Warning Message: Addon 'UK3CB_BAF_Weapons_ACE' requires addon 'ace_common'

Looks like this is due to that mod having the uk3cb_baf_weapons_ace.pbo addon in the main directory

On 11/17/2019 at 11:47 AM, evrik said:

You are free to offer suggestions, that's fine.

is there a forum on which we can place bug reports/issues that we find to bring to your attention?

for now ill place it here and hopefully you can point me in the right direction as i'm not clued up on this kinda stuff

until recently i have used your L129A1 (personal favourite) and i know it comes with its own 6x RMR scope but my peronal favourite for scopes comes under RHS, now i used to be able to use until recently the 15x M8541A + AN/PVS-27 (rhsusf_acc_premier_anpvs27) but for some reason now the weapon will no longer allow it to be attached???

So the main question is: Do I bring it to you in the hopes this could be looked at, or do I go elsewhere; And if so where do I go. I would really appreciate your suggestion on what to do next as I have had a lot of enjoyment in Arma thanks to this weapon, any feedback on this would be really appreciated

Did it change after the recent RHS updates? If so, it is likely they have changed something.

With just RHS 0.5.1 and CBA loaded:

rhs_western_rifle_scopes_slot_short, inheriting from asdg_OpticRail1913_short, AND asdg_OpticRail1913_short itself explicitly have rhsusf_acc_premier_anpvs27 at 0.

rhs_western_rifle_scopes_slot_long, inheriting from asdg_OpticRail1913_long, AND asdg_OpticRail1913_long itself explicitly have it at 1.

WeaponSlotInfo>CowsSlot on rhs_weap_XM2010 implements rhs_western_rifle_scopes_slot_long.

With 3CB Weapons added:

The asdg_ and rhs_ interfaces are unchanged in this regard, as expected.

WeaponSlotInfo>asdg_OpticRail_UK3CB_BAF_L129A1 (why is that variable carrying the tag of a different author btw?) on UK3CB_BAF_L129A1 implements only asdg_OpticRail1913, which is for normal riflescopes that would fit even adapters on top of M16 carryhandles. The sniper optic with the massive nightvision attachment obviously doesn't fit that, and the L129's toprail is long enough (for this exact application) to implement the _long interface.

I don't have any older RHS version installed right now, so I'd have to shuffle files around to check pre-0.5.1 behaviour. What was that meme-y combo of large RHS optic on tiny MP5? The Apex MP5 now takes only the naked M8541 OR the standalone PVS27, not the combo item, but I don't remember if that was on an NIArms gun instead.

Hi,

Firstly - thanks for the incredible addons. I don't like to play wihout them. Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere in the topic or in a readme - I 've totally missed this if it was.

Can AI use the blank rounds and/or BFAs? 

Whenever I place an enemy with either blank ammunition, blank ammunition and a BFA, or Live ammunition and a BFA, they won't fire at the player. I was hoping to use blank firing enemies for a practice scenario, so that the atmospherics of being fired upon were maintained without the damage (but not being invincible so still being able to get injured or hit by blue on blue).

Steps to replicate:

Bare modlist (CBA, RKSL Attachments, 3CB Weapons and Equipment)

In editor Place an OPFOR character (as player).

Place BLUFOR character (as AI), edit loadout to add L85A3, remove any live mags and add blank mags (or Blank/Live mags + BFA)

Play

Many thanks