Cheers. Both issues added to the list.

@GamerOnkel you need to load RKSL separately, it was removed as an internal mod with the latest update.

RKSL Attachments v3.00. Yes. It is listed on the Steam Workshop under required addons, just like CBA_A3. It was changed after consultation and agreement with Da12thMonkey (the original author of the scopes) who had given us permission to include the BAF optics in our pack until he released it himself.

Don't know if you guys are aware, but a bug report for you - While using the SUSAT's magnified optic, the orientation of the scope doesn't change when leaning. I've not had a chance yet to test any other scopes with it.

To replicate, simply take a SUSAT scope out on a weapon, use the magnified optic, and lean (Q or E on default controls); the central 'obelisk' the sight remains vertical. For reference, I was using the L85A2 with the AG SA80 (L123) when I noticed this. 

Hey Guys - Long time user of the mod. Thanks for all the fantastic weapons over the years!

Any plans for the L85A3? Combined with the virtus mod that is now out in the wild, it would be much appreciated!

Quick question, is it possible to get the bipod on the AWC weapon as well (the sniper rifle with the silencer as a barrel), the normal L115A3 has it, which is basicly and does have the bipod

If you've used the NIArms source files for the L115, they may contain a bipod for the AWC. But don't quote me on that, I have no idea if they're up to date with the releases.

I've been using the 3cb mods for a long while, thank you guys for your work!  However, I think I've found a bug: the FGM Javelin will not switch firemodes when running with Ace. When using the ace 'switch firemodes' function as described in your 3cb weapons user guide, but, while it does give the 'click' noise of a firemode change, it causes me to put the launcher away, on my back. Even after taking it back out, it's still in direct firemode. I've tested this with nothing but 3cb, its dependencies and Ace loaded, so it isn't a conflict with another mod. I've rebound the Ace key combination from shift+tab to shift+t as well, and the issue persists. 

Sounds like a bug. We can take a look and add it to the list. Thanks.

I posted about that on Steam a while ago, but it seems to have gotten lost.

Since https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/6732 , ACE Javelins require the missile launcher to have both flight profiles available to the player as firemodes, especially as

modes[] = {"Single","TopDown"};

At least with ACE loaded, regardless of the compat mod, UK3CB_BAF_Javelin_Launcher overwrites the inherited value for that property with just "Single". If you would instead use the value handed down from the vanilla (changed by ACE) Titans, you'd have the correct configuration.

Similarly, the ACE Missile Guidance system now supports the vanilla firemode hotkey to switch flight profiles. Adding it to the 3cb NLAW:

class CfgAmmo {
	class M_NLAW_AT_F;
	class UK3CB_M_NLAW_AT : M_NLAW_AT_F {
		class ace_missileguidance {
			useModeForAttackProfile = 1;
		};
	};
};

• Thanks 1

Thanks, that's a great help. I'll pass that on.

• Like 1

@evrik

Pretty much since Tanks DLC we've had problem with the BAF Javelin being rather ineffective against at least RHS tanks - even older T-72s take Javelin top down attack like champs, sometimes leading to disabled turret or main gun. Sometimes it's not even to able to destroy an IFV like BMP-2.

Seems like it doesn't apply enough damage to Hull, which to my knowledge is the important part for vehicles to go critical.

I'll do some further testing with only 3CB Weapons, RHS and ACE3 in various configs to see if it's not caused by something else by any chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe this has already been noted. As far as I am aware, @Lifetap has just recently made all of our launchers / warheads compatible with the Tank DLC. It will be in the next update.

• Like 4

Before 2.5, the Javelin already had a shaped charge inherited from the Titan. The problem wasn't as dire as some FK people tend to paint it, as you were guaranteed to disable traverse and/or elevation on T72s from any angle and distance other than crazy setups like 5 meters. Bohemia's T14s even had immediate catastrophic reactions on frontal turret hits.

The real issue is a level deeper than shaped charges. The RHS T72's ammo hitpoint has a massive hole in the center that singular top-down penetrators might simply slip through AND sits so low in the chassis that most flight profiles pass over it. It essentially requires the kind of "spalling" sub-submunitions you get on RHS warheads. The vanilla/Tanks DLC system probably tries to approximate spalling through shockwaves, but I guess they don't get created while you are going through empty space or something.

With the new penetrator, I am getting reliable ammo destruction at 2 klicks, but I'm reliably not getting it scratched at 1 klick. Difference being that the missile does not go through all phases of the flight profile, and the final approach angle is too flat (again, requiring RHS spalling to shoot around the corner). In other words, nothing has changed, really. But this isn't exactly a 3CB issue, as pretty much every non-RHS warhead has the same problem and I don't expect the RHS team to be willing to fix it.

Sidenote: Isn't the HEDP AT-4 supposed to have a shaped charge with ~15 cm RHA? That being said, the new handling with the ACE compat fixes and the CBA (?) disposables works great. Character doesn't sloooowly take out the empty ILAW while I'm trying to go prone or fire my rifle anymore.

@evrik
Regarding the static L7A2, do 3CB employ it in an indirect role or mostly direct? We are currently testing ways to deploy (a pioneering weapon system btw) in indirect and are enjoying fashioning solutions to engine limitations etc, calculating ranges and maximum ordinates.

It largely depends on the mission. Most of the time we are using it as a section weapon, carried by the gpmg gunner. However, for weapon teams or in missions where we dig in and defend, it can be deployed with the tripod. The system allows the gpmg gunner to mount his own section weapon on a tripod carried by an assistant (it will change into the static variant) and then adjust the height of the tripod to see over any defensive trench of low wall. If you are defending an area, and have access to ammo crates etc... you can have a two-man team constantly reloading the gun to keep up a steady rate of fire. Plus in the static setup, you get the optic.

4 hours ago, evrik said:

It largely depends on the mission. Most of the time we are using it as a section weapon, carried by the gpmg gunner. However, for weapon teams or in missions where we dig in and defend, it can be deployed with the tripod. The system allows the gpmg gunner to mount his own section weapon on a tripod carried by an assistant (it will change into the static variant) and then adjust the height of the tripod to see over any defensive trench of low wall. If you are defending an area, and have access to ammo crates etc... you can have a two-man team constantly reloading the gun to keep up a steady rate of fire. Plus in the static setup, you get the optic.

We've been using it in direct, like yourselves for a little while now. But we thought we'd push it into the indirect role which you would know is another important function of this GPMG. Of course with an Elcan instead of a C2 sight we have to resort to some interesting but effective ways to determine our elevation, but it's still a lot of fun setting it up and the plunging fire is awesome to watch connect with it's target. Without the L7A2 we wouldn't have thought to try since there is nothing else around the right calibre on a turret. Looking forward to seeing how the weapon develops. I'll link a video at some point on our setup; would love a critique from you and the devs. 🙂

For indirect/plunging fire, you will probably have to adjust (through a config mod) the ammo's timetolive. Especially on .50 BMG's ranges, 10 seconds can be a bit short.

Speaking of the L7, and echoing bolo861's comment on the Factions thread, I recommend changing those functions from a simple config lookup of the magazine property to using CBA_fnc_compatibleMagazines - it is cached, so the check if you can reload being run every time you look at a static is going to be much less resource intensive, and it takes magazineWells into account. I've had trouble with the L7 actually being compatible with the mags I config-add to it, but only in multiplayer; and playing around with Redd&Tank's static MG3 kinda hinted at magazines vs magWells being the issue (or at least the CBA function being the solution, its been a while since I worked on that stuff).

I guess I need to get around to putting my compat stuff on Github, there is a lot you guys could just copy over.

• Like 1

I did PM bolo861 following his comment for some clarification on what he was suggesting / i.e. what needed doing, but I am yet to get a reply. If you can provide an example, we can look at including the update. We are busy working on the BAF weapons at the moment, so it would be a good time to implement the magazine compatibility at least.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evrik said:

I did PM bolo861 following his comment for some clarification on what he was suggesting / i.e. what needed doing, but I am yet to get a reply. If you can provide an example, we can look at including the update. We are busy working on the BAF weapons at the moment, so it would be a good time to implement the magazine compatibility at least.

Sorry for the delay, I ve responded to PM, config template in attachment.

Thanks and regards.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, evrik said:

we can look at including the update

May I ask if there is an estimated release date? I ask only to know how long I have to offer suggestions (if invited) to the L7