11 minutes ago, Flinty said:

Had a look, you can't actually add the Javelin or L115A3 or L110A1 to the tripod

Yep that is correct - L115A3 and L110A1 are not tripod mountable IRL. They don't have the mounting systems. As for the javelin I don't think it uses the same tripod IRL so would be correct to not be mountable here either.

You should be able to mount the L7 GPMG, M2 .50cal and the GMG.

Yea, may have to do something, the only reason I'd like this feature is it adds a little more to the weapons in a fire support role in terms of allowing the weapons to be permanently mounted

one note regarding the L110 in 7.62 i think the magwell for STANAG´s have to be removed and the barrel should be thinker

The javelin will have its own tripod as has been already been stated it uses a different tripod. This however is in the long list of things that need to be modelled textured and configed to get in game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be able to help you gents with the model situation, wait out on that

7 hours ago, Flinty said:

Had a look, you can't actually add the Javelin or L115A3 or L110A1 to the tripod

I think the tripod are a bit big for the l115a3 and the l110a1 mate as they have a bipod on them mate the 50cal he's talking about is the HMG and the GPMG and the GMG all do on the big tripod and if I'm right there working on a tripod for the Javlin too 

Yea I figured lol, I know I'll probably end up having one made and giving it a go within my group then perhaps donate the work to 3CB as it is a very nice feature

On 2017-7-6 at 3:33 PM, Flinty said:

Afaik they said a Javelin tripod was on their backlog

If you use ACE that includes a smaller tripod for use with sniper rifles but the tripods included in 3CB are all heavy weapons versions

And I've never seen snipers use tripods, they have enough shit to carry as it is

oh, and  wasnt there a hiddenselection or something to get the L85´s in tan?
 or is it for now just the railcover´s?

On 7/7/2017 at 2:08 PM, TheLimbo365 said:

And I've never seen snipers use tripods, they have enough shit to carry as it is

!

They're used all the time.  Google Hogs Saddle.

On 2017-7-8 at 10:46 PM, gatordev said:

!

They're used all the time.  Google Hogs Saddle.

You can google all the operator kit you want it doesn't change the fact I've never seen one get used or even carried

36 minutes ago, Capt Childs said:

(Pic)

For something like that just use ACE, they have a specially designed tripod for sniper rifles which can be carried inside the backpack, its called the SSWT kit or something like that

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Foxone said:

For something like that just use ACE, they have a specially designed tripod for sniper rifles which can be carried inside the backpack, its called the SSWT kit or something like that

Which is more or less what they've got in the pic anyways!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

You can google all the operator kit you want it doesn't change the fact I've never seen one get used or even carried

For the record, I'm not advocating that 3CB should or should not make a DMR tripod, as that's their choice.  I'm also not clear if you're saying you've never seen a tripod used by Brits or in general.  I can't argue whether Brits use them or not (though I'd guess they do).  However, if you do go to the Hog Saddle sight, or just look up deployment pictures through searching the internet, you'll see TONS of pictures of tripods in use with SPRs, DMRs, and bolt guns in-country.  Often you'll see them used when shooting through loopholes, since they're not always at convenient heights.

Again, I'm not trying to argue this is something 3CB needs to emulate in-game, but it's a very real tool used currently in the real world.

Sorry for the threadjack, 3CB.  Sounds like ACE is the best interim solution to the issue.

That's okay. We don't currently have any plans to include them at the moment, mainly because we have more pressing issues attempting to incorporate the Jet DLC features into our vehicles. On the weapons front, the focus is the new L129a1 and then the L7 models.

• Like 2

Hey, just trying this stuff out, it all looks really nice!

I've ran into a problem though, I can't seem to use any of the 3CB optics and attachments on the 3CB weapons - but the attachments work on all other weapons in the game. So I'm obviously doing something wrong. Any ideas of what it could be?

Can you double check that you are running @cba_a3 as well?

If that's not the problem, please post a complete list of mods that you have loaded.

Then check with this example using the Arsenal:

f8SKOZb.png

Yes sir, I'm running CBA_A3.

Other mods used are

3den enhanced, ACE, ALiVE, ASDG Joint Rails, ASR AI, Project Opfor, RH Accessories and RHS.

@easyeb 

Please try running again without ASDG Joint Rails as this is now no longer required and probably conflicts.

You may also want to remove RH Accessories temporarily just in case.