We're not using Alive persistency Evrik. That could be a difficult one for us to fix, as we'd need to understand what @alive is looking for, and why it's picking up on every instance of an assembled/disassembled static weapon. It could be that it looks for spawned weapons to add to the database, but doesn't check whether they were 'destroyed'?

• Like 1

Good shout. I missed that particular bit of info.

4 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

We have also encountered another bug where Alive persistency is spawning static weapons where ever they have been assembled after a sever restart (In this case there was a 50 cal in each fire support position despite the fact we only ever had 1 and it was disassembled and brought with us each time we moved)

We only noticed the bug last night so I don't have much info other than that for the time being, but I will update you guys as we get more info

It sounds like disassembling static weapons doesn't remove them from the persistent vehicle data.  Can you confirm this happens more than once and if possible provide your server's RPT file and persistence log (alive.log)?  Feel free to PM me here or post on our issue tracker https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues

• Like 4

Request for info:

As you've no doubt noticed we have put some work into improving the smoke and illumination rounds for our mortars, 40 mm grenades and hand thrown smokes  To make it easy for players to distinguish between 3CB and vanilla items we'd like to label ours with their correct L designations.

Since release, we have the L designations for the hand throw smokes, but cannot seem to find L designations for either the 40 mm illumination rounds or the different colour 40 mm smokes.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hey all, first post in here so forgive me for leaving any relevant aspects out. 

Currently the LLM MK3 accessory does not switch modes properly when pressing ctrl+L. This is caused by three (CBA, BAF & ACE) systems responding to the keybinding.

Our group is putting in a temporary "fix" locally by removing the ACE and BAF switching systems from the accessory's config:

- UK3CB_nextItem;

- ace_nextModeClass;

Obviously the switching systems are more relevant to groups that don't combine ACE & BAF.

If you need any more info let me know.

42 minutes ago, Jessar said:

Hey all, first post in here so forgive me for leaving any relevant aspects out. 

Currently the LLM MK3 accessory does not switch modes properly when pressing ctrl+L. This is caused by three (CBA, BAF & ACE) systems responding to the keybinding.

Our group is putting in a temporary "fix" locally by removing the ACE and BAF switching systems from the accessory's config:

- UK3CB_nextItem;

- ace_nextModeClass;

Obviously the switching systems are more relevant to groups that don't combine ACE & BAF.

If you need any more info let me know.

Would changing your key binding fix it on an individual level?

Changing keybindings does work, It has already been noted and I think something will be done to fix the problems but that will be in the next update.

I apologise if this is already known, but it seems that the L115 has an issue with the bipod. When the bipod is deployed on the ground, the weapon rests on the bipod hinge, not the feet of the bipod, which causes the player character to 'sink' into the ground. To replicate this, choose the L115 in the Arsenal, and deploy the bipod while prone.

I'm sorry for the nitpick - this is a very minor issue in an exceptional mod!

Hi Crooker,

I've just tested the L115a3 in game and the bipod rests on the feet as normal, with no sinking. Are you running any other mods alongside ours? If so it would be helpful if you could replicate with just our mods running.

This is what I'm seeing so you can compare.

JLW2CZr.png

Hi MrBagel,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this! I've just tried running only 3CB mods (with both the Steam and Armaholic versions of CBA, in case I had a bad install of that), and the problem persists. However, if you're not seeing it, it sounds like the problem's on my end rather than a general bug - I'll try re-downloading the 3CB mods and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Yep, that got it - must have had a dodgy download...

Hey guys,

Just wondering if its intentional that your NVE is turned off while looking through the RDS of the LDS?

In previous versions it only turned off while looking through the sight itself

41 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Hey guys,

Just wondering if its intentional that your NVE is turned off while looking through the RDS of the LDS?

In previous versions it only turned off while looking through the sight itself

Assuming I've got your abbrv's right...

"NVE" = 3CB "Head Mounted NV System [BAF]"

"RDS" = Red Dot Scope

NVG's stay switched on for me while looking through the red dot sight on the LDS.

cba_a3, 3cb mods, ace3

If this isn't what you mean, or you're seeing something contrary, can you provide more detail / repro steps please?

I think there's an ACE module for NVG's that will turn them off whenever you bring your scope up.
That MAY be what's at play here if TheLimbo365 has that setting enabled.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, UK_Apollo said:

Assuming I've got your abbrv's right...

"NVE" = 3CB "Head Mounted NV System [BAF]"

"RDS" = Red Dot Scope

NVG's stay switched on for me while looking through the red dot sight on the LDS.

cba_a3, 3cb mods, ace3

If this isn't what you mean, or you're seeing something contrary, can you provide more detail / repro steps please?

NVE = Night Vision Equipment, but yeah its your HMNVS

RDS = Red Dot Sight

It is what I mean, but on our server the NVG flips back up when your aim down sight with the RDS

I will have a look at the ACE module issue above, it could be that

Thanks for the response

Had a look and it is something to do with the ACE module in the mission we were playing, sorry for using up your time

• Like 2

No problem. Glad you resolved it! :smile_o:

Yep, no problem Limbo, thanks for letting us know it's sorted out ok.

Hey guys, absolutely love your work. I am really enjoying all of these great additions.

Are there plans to put in a crate that will have everything in it? It would be pretty handy to have a crate that had all the weapons, attachments, ammo, uniforms, vests, helmets, etc. in it.

Thanks again, this is a great addon.

We wouldn't want to create a crate that contains items from our different mods, as this would create dependencies. 

You could always try adding a virtual arsenal to a crate... :)

56 minutes ago, eotechh said:

We wouldn't want to create a crate that contains items from our different mods, as this would create dependencies. 

You could always try adding a virtual arsenal to a crate... :)

I'm using an asrenal crate now. The problem is that it doesn't have just the 3CB stuff in it and going through and figuring out what is 3CB and whats is from vanilla or other mods you're running is a pain. No big deal, I only have to do it once :) Thanks for the response.

2 hours ago, montgomery said:

I'm using an asrenal crate now. The problem is that it doesn't have just the 3CB stuff in it and going through and figuring out what is 3CB and whats is from vanilla or other mods you're running is a pain. No big deal, I only have to do it once :) Thanks for the response.

If your using the Eden editor you can edit the contents of an arsenal pretty easily

On the equipment tab select virtual arsenal and click each item you want to have

Its time consuming as you need to select each item individually but it can be done

Hope this helps!

@TheLimbo365 That's the method I've been using. Like you said it's pretty time consuming and it can be difficult if you're running several mods to sort through it all, especially ammo. However, after I get it completed once, I can just copy and paste it into other missions.

Just a quick thought, without experimentation:

Can you export (or copy/paste) the list of class names from the 'full' crate?

If so, put them in to something like Notepad++ and delete anything that doesn't begin "UK3CB".

Import the reduced list back into the crate.

• Like 1

feels like ages since you teased the new l129a1 models, the wait is killing me. love your mods btw keep up the hard work