we (my team and I) like to use the BAF Weapons but on maps with longer engangment ranges the 5,56 L85 are a bit lacking

so we use the L129A1 as 7,62 Assault Rifle. the modern British Forces doesnt have anything in that regard^^

so right now we use the L129 and the standalone M320 from RHS mod. would have been more comfortable to have the UGL directly on the L129

So it would have been a nice to have "what if" addition.

But as stated before by the mod team they dont include it and i´m fine with that.

• Like 1

That's fair enough but the issues that you are facing are the same that everyone has. That's the reason for the GPMG and the L129 in a section to add that extra hitting power to the L85s. It's an issue with the 5.56 caliber that everyone has and you can blame the Americans for it. If the Brits had had our way we would of had a 6.5mm round.

Only tips I can give with playing with the L85 is to close the range to the target and get within effective range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, gunny24 said:

we (my team and I) like to use the BAF Weapons but on maps with longer engangment ranges the 5,56 L85 are a bit lacking

so we use the L129A1 as 7,62 Assault Rifle. the modern British Forces doesnt have anything in that regard^^

so right now we use the L129 and the standalone M320 from RHS mod. would have been more comfortable to have the UGL directly on the L129

So it would have been a nice to have "what if" addition.

But as stated before by the mod team they dont include it and i´m fine with that.

Maybe you need to look at using L1A1s but even these didnt have UGLs. Only Aussies retrofitted them in Vietnam. If you want longer range firepower use the GMPG or get closer to the enemy. 

• Like 1

yeah, that or we make do as before with the standalone UGL and L129 (we could use another mod with HK 417, but...noooo :-D )

and if that isnt enough we f*ck them with Mortars, ILAW´s and javelins :-D

regarding L1A1 they are not really a modern alternative

and gimpy´s for everyone would be a bit over the top :-P

so me thinks i derailed the thread enough. lets not drift in a caliber discussion or this post will have 150pages in no time :-D

I apologise if this has been mentioned before, 

I've noticed that the static weapons and tripods (those that are equipable in the armoury at least) seem to be configured as launchers as opposed to backpacks meaning you can't deploy them. 

Is this just something I've messed up or is it a known issue?

Always check the documentation people, otherwise you look like a fool. :p

Edited by NethrosDefectus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

I apologise if this has been mentioned before, 

I've noticed that the static weapons and tripods (those that are equipable in the armoury at least) seem to be configured as launchers as opposed to backpacks meaning you can't deploy them. 

Is this just something I've messed up or is it a known issue?

Take a look through this: https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/released-mods/3cb-baf-weapons/usage-weapons/

It confuses me a bit too when in the heat of the moment, but static weapons deploy just fine. Make sure you are unarmed/have nothing in your hands when trying to put the kit together. And remember, you need the tripod backpack, the tube backpack, and some ammo on your person or in a crate nearby to load it once they're assembled.

Just curious, is there a tripod-mounted variant of the MILAN ATGM, or just the one mounted on the Land Rover?

18 minutes ago, REFORGER88 said:

Just curious, is there a tripod-mounted variant of the MILAN ATGM, or just the one mounted on the Land Rover?

At the moment just the LR mounted one, but the team said theres a tripod version coming

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheLimbo365 said:

At the moment just the LR mounted one, but the team said theres a tripod version coming

Oh awesome, I just noticed the vic mounted one and thought it was just neat. Nice to see the Brits getting some quality, mobile AT firepower!

Static weapons require the Weapon and a Tripod, just like the vanilla statics. However, our static weapons are carried in the launcher slot, rather than as backpacks, meaning you can also wear a pack while carrying the static weapon. You place the tripod down onto the floor, and then the unit carrying the static weapon can assemble it by looking at the tripod and using the interaction. Once assembled, the weapon will be empty of ammo (unlike the magical vanilla magazines that usually appear). You can then load the weapon from your pack or from a crate etc... If you find the static is in a bad position, you can raise and lower the tripod between low, mid and high set up. To provide some reality, it is also possible to remove ammunition from our vehicles (via the inventory) and use it with the correct static weapon. You could - for example - take .50cal ammo from our Jackal and load it into the .50cal static weapon. In addition, in case people aren't aware, if you are a gpmg gunner and carrying / fighting with the weapon, you can then place it onto a tripod and assemble the static version. When you want to remove it, it can disassemble back into the weapon and tripod, allowing you to again fight and move, firing it from the hip / bipod etc...

• Like 2

@evrik What's the least painful way to set up a mortar as a SP'er? The only way I can figure it out, is to use the Arsenal, then equip one bag and put it on the ground. Then equip the other bag and put some ammo in my backpack, then load them all one by one in a truck so I can transport them to the mortar site. Then do the reverse so I can put it together and fire.

Basically, since both bags that are required to assemble a mortar go into the same slot, without any other humans it's pretty time consuming, though I'm not complaining.

Am I basically doing it the only way that would be possible when alone, or perhaps there's a more efficient way I'm not thinking of? 

Thanks for pointing to the instructions :)

I'm trying to use L16 Mortar on an Exile server, I can dismantle any statics that have been spawned on the map as part of a mission but the option doesn't appear for me to put them back together (Tripod on the floor and Mortar in my launcher slot)

Has anyone successfully deployed one of these within Exile before?

I should add that all the launchers and as well the Light Mortar work perfectly, it's just the statics that seem to be an issue

I don't play, Exile. Sorry. Make sure the tripod is deployed and not just dumped on the ground. If it is deployed it will be standing and not lying flat with folded up legs.

Regarding the easiest way as SP, you could use the mortar crate. It has the mortar, tripod and mortar rounds in a single crate. You can load that into the vehicle. In addition, if you put the crate next to you, you should be able to load rounds directly from the crate, just like your pack. You won't need to move them out of the box and into your pack. If a crate is nearby, it uses them direct. That is how it works if you have someone as a loader anyway. I think it works with just a gunner. Not 100% certain. It's been a while since I used the mortar without someone playing as loader.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, evrik said:

I don't play, Exile. Sorry. Make sure the tripod is deployed and not just dumped on the ground. If it is deployed it will be standing and not lying flat with folded up legs.

Regarding the easiest way as SP, you could use the mortar crate. It has the mortar, tripod and mortar rounds in a single crate. You can load that into the vehicle. In addition, if you put the crate next to you, you should be able to load rounds directly from the crate, just like your pack. You won't need to move them out of the box and into your pack. If a crate is nearby, it uses them direct. That is how it works if you have someone as a loader anyway. I think it works with just a gunner. Not 100% certain. It's been a while since I used the mortar without someone playing as loader.

I can load a crate directly into a vehicle? Really? Neat. I didn't know that. How would I do it? Vehicles logistics resupply module/object, with a crate nearby maybe?

Or does it need to be manually done in the editor beforehand?

44 minutes ago, evrik said:

Yeah unfortunately the bag itself appears on the floor as opposed to the tripod when I either right click or drag the tripod to the ground. However when you dismantle a static weapon (placed by a script) the tripod correctly appears so I am not sure why it isn't working

Hi 3CB Team,

An outstanding collection of weapons, gear and vehicles....we Brits certainly have some cool shit to use.

Received this message when previewing a scenario earlier this evening....apologies if it's been highlighted already.

Keep up the great work guys, this mod-set has a real touch of class about it.   

12 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I can load a crate directly into a vehicle? Really? Neat. I didn't know that. How would I do it? Vehicles logistics resupply module/object, with a crate nearby maybe?

Or does it need to be manually done in the editor beforehand?

Well, if you are using ACE, you can place a crate via the editor - and then load it into a nearby vehicle. Alternatively, as you say, you can drive up to our vehicle logistics hub and select a mortar crate from the menu, or you can fill the inventory of the vehicle with the items. The logistics module can do both - either in crates so that you can drag them out and move around or directly into the inventory space of the vehicle.

The LDS issue is known. We will try to resolve it in the next update.

• Like 1

Hey guys, found a "bug" with the L16

Since it was my first time using them in MP I've never noticed this before, but I didn't remember it in here before I thought I would report it.

The position of the gunner just goes straight the the default. I say "bug" because everything functions correctly, it just looks strange!

Pic

IkfiPZ3.jpg

15 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Hey guys, found a "bug" with the L16

Since it was my first time using them in MP I've never noticed this before, but I didn't remember it in here before I thought I would report it.

The position of the gunner just goes straight the the default. I say "bug" because everything functions correctly, it just looks strange!

Thanks for the report.

What do you see if you place a crewed L16 in SP Eden? It looks ok to me.

It could still be an MP player/player weirdness.

Found some niсe hi-res L129A1 photos.

Check out NSN plate with QR code on the front side of the lower.

Spoiler

iH0Qcafh08SWvWI8VH1LJJnhYtfKS2UU_uG5tbl1

MAsH_N2cp1efK333iWz6uHwo7yfdG_Jawub51jzv

DVC2qx_H15mJgyPoyWZnBfWw9hKr5BOZZ8hhYEF6

NxDeWhgZ028oux_HLIxJtlNHEroek5Q5uutAmse6

lRxGKB_oO9JV2wTqWyBCMElG8QDrjHg-Xqx5ybCt

lBwWpEsAnFenEQXfOt3RO7VPesJ5pTTw4QWCpadn

• Like 2

On 12/04/2017 at 0:03 PM, UK_Apollo said:

Thanks for the report.

What do you see if you place a crewed L16 in SP Eden? It looks ok to me.

It could still be an MP player/player weirdness.

Hey, sorry for the late reply but I can confirm we are still getting the same bug but only in MP, on the editor everything works as normal

We have also encountered another bug where Alive persistency is spawning static weapons where ever they have been assembled after a sever restart (In this case there was a 50 cal in each fire support position despite the fact we only ever had 1 and it was disassembled and brought with us each time we moved)

We only noticed the bug last night so I don't have much info other than that for the time being, but I will update you guys as we get more info

57 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Hey, sorry for the late reply but I can confirm we are still getting the same bug but only in MP, on the editor everything works as normal

Thanks - added to our bug tracker. We'll try and replicate, and if we can't will get back to you for further info.

Yeah, that mortar animation is a weird one. BIS have the same bug in the vanilla mortar animation. In multiplayer, you see it happening, either when a player gets into it or you place a mortar down in Zeus. Usually I have to get out of the mortar and get back in....likewise I remote control the unit and get out and in to correct it. I've seen it happening with the RHS US mortars as well. We had hoped that creating our own animation and not using the default one would fix it. Obviously not. Odd.

Not sure about the ALIVE / Static weapons issue. Sounds as if the latest update to ALIVE (or the game) has changed something. We run ALIVE 24/7 on our Public Server missions and it hasn't been reported. As UK_Apollo says, we can try to replicate it. Any further info you can supply would be useful, thanks.