Thanks for update, those new nightvision scopes are just awesome!!!!

Good NV-scopes are so rare in Arma3!...

Also bailing out of L115 scope on reload felt way better and more realistic then having jumping crosshairs all the time.

Please, consider adding Merlin-SR/MR/LR night-vision adapter for Schmidt & Bender scopes in future releases.

There's currently only one mod (RHS) that has night-vision LR scope, but it uses AN/PVS-27 adapter and it's clearly not what British army uses.

http://www.qioptiq.com/merlin-lr.html

But again, thank you for update!

I had a mess around last night with the KITE scopes... it's nice to finally play with them... We've been doing night ops with iron sights or red-dots for WAY too long.. !!!

Glad you guys are feeling it too !!

SJ

• Like 1

I don't know if it's intentional or not but you guys had different coloured rails for the l85 but the only one I can see in the virtual arsenal (the one on the main screen for arma) is the standard black l85 apart from the green or sand coloured ones.

On 16/03/2017 at 0:19 PM, bl2ck dog said:

Please, consider adding Merlin-SR/MR/LR night-vision adapter for Schmidt & Bender scopes in future releases.

There's currently only one mod (RHS) that has night-vision LR scope, but it uses AN/PVS-27 adapter and it's clearly not what British army uses.

http://www.qioptiq.com/merlin-lr.html

The British Army does use MUNS (AN/PVS-27) actually, but it's the night sight for the L129A1 in combination with the 6x ACOG

L115A3's night sight was a SIMRAD KN250 that mounts on top of the Schmidt & Bender (hence the weaver rail on the front ring of the scope mount)

Merlin isn't in use AFAIK

• Like 1

4 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

The British Army does use MUNS (AN/PVS-27) actually, but it's the night sight for the L129A1 in combination with the 6x ACOG

L115A3's night sight was a SIMRAD KN250 that mounts on top of the Schmidt & Bender (hence the weaver rail on the front ring of the scope mount)

Merlin isn't in use AFAIK

SIMRADs was widely used in Iraq, but I believe it's replaced with more compact systems now.

Qioptiq won 82mil UK MoD contract in 2014, I think that was about getting DRAGON-S thermals and some kind of night vision devices (KITE?) to combat units.
Couldn't find any solid proof though, so I might be wrong.

Though, here's picture from #UKSniperPair instagram, you clearly could see additional front rail mount for preobjective night vision/thermal device on L115.

13671134_1174657722594779_979796655_n.jp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J. Davs said:

I don't know if it's intentional or not but you guys had different coloured rails for the l85 but the only one I can see in the virtual arsenal (the one on the main screen for arma) is the standard black l85 apart from the green or sand coloured ones.

It appears that since the latest game update they are missing from the arsenal. They are still in the mod pack. We'll have to see why they are now hidden.

Issue found, we'll address in the next release

• Like 1

From argentina, for me the best British mod ever,  I love the land rovers in the last update.:eyeheart:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bl2ck dog said:

SIMRADs was widely used in Iraq, but I believe it's replaced with more compact systems now.

Qioptiq won 82mil UK MoD contract in 2014, I think that was about getting DRAGON-S thermals and some kind of night vision devices (KITE?) to combat units.
Couldn't find any solid proof though, so I might be wrong.

Though, here's picture from #UKSniperPair instagram, you clearly could see additional front rail mount for preobjective night vision/thermal device on L115.

2014 contract was an extension of the FIST program to provide more upgraded CWS and MaxiKites (refurbished I2 tubes, picatinny mounts to replace the SUSAT dovetails, mounts for the Shield CQB red dot) since the original contract would run out in 2015 but the government decided to extend night equipment funding to the reserves as well.

FIST being the original program for the upgraded sights for infantry section weapons including LDS, Shield CQB, the upgraded I2 sights and FTS (FIST Thermal Sight - a variant of DRAGON)

Qioptiq won another contract to maintain the sights a few months ago, but not seen any additional orders for new sights.

The front rail for the L115A3 has always been there since they were bought along with the S&B 5-25x scopes to replace the 3-12x ones, new SIMRADs, and the SVIPIR-2+ thermal sight which is what mounts on the front rail, rather than a I2 sight. All was delivered under SSIP in 2007.

Possibly the SIMRADs are being replaced for L115A4 (AX338 in use with some units) since they have different scope mounts supplied with them that don't appear to have the extended weaver rail above the objective. But I've seen nothing to suggest the MoD bought MERLIN for them instead of MUNS which does the same job and is already in service, or SAKER which is being trialled, other than Qioptiq like to use AX338 in their promo pictures.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ian Bartlett said:

got a error today think cause of ace update but made my mission unplayable

20170322149020970126870.jpg

Replace the file with the ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii file found in the ace\optionals folder

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pipewr3nch said:

Replace the file with the ace_compat_rksl_pm_ii file found in the ace\optionals folder

thank you for help. i look into it

Edit: i could not get the orginal idea to work, so instead had to unistall ace(steam) then download it again for that to work as it ended up doubling up on the files

Hi all, just to let you know we're live on STEAM Workshop now...

• Like 7

Thanks for putting it on the workshop, great mod.

Is the 60mm Smoke round for the commando mortar supposed to act like VX nerve gas and murder people in the cloud in 3 seconds? If so, is it possible to also have a smoke round that acts like smoke so I can have it in player versus player missions to be used as smoke and not as a more effective round than the HE round. The current trend at my community is to dump the HE rounds, take more smoke, and murder the enemies with the smoke rounds.

• Like 2

The 60mm smoke cloud should not be dealing damage. The only damage it should cause is if you get hit by the mortar round / small initial explosion to deploy the smoke. As far as I am aware, the change we made to the smoke was to make the particles slightly larger so that it covered more of an area.

If it is killing people, then it is either due to a bug / game update / or a combination of mods. Could you give us your mod list or test again with just our mods + cba?

Just tested it with only CBA and 3CB mods, it still kills within 3 seconds of entering the smoke cloud. Its been that way since the commando mortar was released as far as I'm aware btw.

1 minute ago, wa lancer said:

Just tested it with only CBA and 3CB mods, it still kills within 3 seconds of entering the smoke cloud. Its been that way since the commando mortar was released as far as I'm aware btw.

Yet not reported to the Mod team? If bugs aren't reported, they can't be fixed. 

21 minutes ago, wa lancer said:

Interesting.  There is indeed a small initial explosion as the round impacts the ground, but the smoke uses exactly the same tech as the vehicles smoke dischargers.  It's simply a collection of particle systems. 

We'll investigate.

But please if you find bugs, don't sit on them.  We cannot fix what we're not aware of

I honestly didn't think it was a bug. I thought it was just an asshole White Phosphorus round that killed quick for some game mechanic reason.

Do you guys have a bug tracker anywhere? or is it just through the BI forums. I cant seem to find any through any of your links.