Sorry, me again! 

Having trouble with the L129, I was guessing it would be the same optics slot and side accessory rail name as the L85 but it's not. Any chance I could have the name of those too?

Our naming convention is quite easy, the L85 has this "asdg_OpticRail_UK3CB_BAF_L85" for its optics slot, and the L129A1 just replaces the L85 at the end so it is  "asdg_OpticRail_UK3CB_BAF_L129A1".  This can be used for any weapon just find its classname and try putting it in the end do be aware that all of the SA80 series (so L85's, L98 and L86) all fall under the L85 classname that is above.  Hope the helps a bit for you if you have anything else you want to do in the future.

• Like 1

Cheers Andy, I wondered if it was that but I only put L129 rather than L129A1, so my mistake. It was rather early in the morning. Thanks for the help!

SA80 is a family of weapons.

L85 is one member of that family. As are the L86, L22 and L98.

So no, it wouldn't make sense.

• Like 3

SA80 is a family of weapons.

L85 is one member of that family. As are the L86, L22 and L98.

So no, it wouldn't make sense.

fair point my line of thinking would be calling the main rifle the SA80A2 then SA80A2-UGL and SA80A2 Carbine and SA80A2 LSW

I've never seen them referred to like that. Not sure really what the benefit would be ?

• Like 3

It's a generic term for the series of weapons. The standard official designation is as we all know L85A2.

It means they aligns properly with the nomenclature for all our BAF weapons.

SA80 was more like the public friendly "popular designation" to describe the entire family. But they were always individually identified by their proper "L" designation as all small arms would be.

• Like 2

I was trying to think of another example but couldn't I suppose you could say it's like the L1A1. It was commonly referred to as the SLR. But its official designation was L1A1 SLR I think

• Like 1

Ha we're working on it. But don't wait up as it will take time

• Like 1

I'am in Love with the M6 mortar ! You guys are making artillery great again ! I hope to see more upgrades to the L16 and more arti staff from you guys <3

• Like 1

do you guys think youll ever change the name from l85 to SA80 series instead?? 

Why?

I'am in Love with the M6 mortar ! You guys are making artillery great again ! I hope to see more upgrades to the L16 and more arti staff from you guys <3

Thanks.  

Out of interest, what upgrades to the L16 would you like to see?

Hello BAF! M6 mortar is SuperMcFarlaneAwesome! Its theperfect size for our operations and its quick to deploy! Fantastic!

I noticed that the L16 now auto fires upon reload, awesome... its more realistic.

But.. I also noticed that the L16 ranging is not working, atleast for us its not. Regardless of the elevation I set, all grenades hit the same spot. Am I doing something wrong or..?

Nope you're not that is unfortunately a bug with the auto reload. This has been fixed and is under testing but to fix it we had to remove the reload fire feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of petty, but are you planning to texture the barrel on the L85, because it sorta sticks out like a sore thumb right now.

dZLN2pK.jpg

Best regards.

@andehess, the L85 textures look particularly poor on your image, especially compared to the ones we normally see.  I suspect its a combination of extreme lighting and PC settings.  

Having said that, we are planning an upgrade to the L85 model / textures at some point in the future.  But its far from the worst model in our pack, so its some way down the list.  The L7 is currently being given some love.  

@andehess, the L85 textures look particularly poor on your image, especially compared to the ones we normally see.  I suspect its a combination of extreme lighting and PC settings.  

Having said that, we are planning an upgrade to the L85 model / textures at some point in the future.  But its far from the worst model in our pack, so its some way down the list.  The L7 is currently being given some love.  

Don't know what's causing it but all other textures are fine, just the barrel that seems to be missing any kind of texture.

Hi there chaps,

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask this question,

I am using the below code to attach a EOTech and the Flashlight to the L85A2.
I need to do this so some units for a fictional faction I am creating will have scopes and attachments on their weapons.

For some weird reason however, the weapon I create does not have these attachments on it.

I have ensured the code is correct, if you replace the classnames to inherit from the vanilla gun "arifle_MX_F", it does add the attachments.

class UK3CB_BAF_L85A2_RIS;
		class UK3CB_BAF_L85A2_RIS_EoTech_LLMFlash: UK3CB_BAF_L85A2_RIS
		{
			author = "willithappen, 3CB";
			_generalMacro = "UK3CB_BAF_L85A2_RIS_EoTech_LLMFlash";
			scope = 1;
			class LinkedItems
			{
				class LinkedItemsOptic
				{
					slot = "CowsSlot";
					item = "UK3CB_BAF_Eotech";
				};
				class LinkedItemsAcc
				{
					slot = "PointerSlot";
					item = "UK3CB_BAF_LLM_Flashlight_Black";
				};
			};
		};

Any ideas as to why this particular gun would have this issue?

I have also tested a few of the other L85's in the pack and they all don't seem to allow applying of attachments this way.

EDIT: 

I notice you chaps have configs with scopes and attachments in the 3CB_Units mod, config viewer doesn't show the LinkedItems information, any chance I could be PM'd with a snippet of the code you guys use to attach these scopes?