We'll also get the naming right for it too next time.

Eh Lifetap ;-)

Very nice work on the release chaps, couple other points on the L119s... the L119 is one of my loves having built my own for airsoft off of lots of reference pictures haha.

I am indeed the same as you, Baconeo! Couple of other things to consider: 

The full-length L119 has a 16-inc barrel, which is somewhat thicker than the normal M16A2/M4 barrel and does not have the groove cut for the M203 mount. The gas block/front sight is also reinforced somewhat, most easily seen here:

uksf-grenade-launcher.jpg

sfsg-c8sfw.jpg

And just in case anyone is interested in the possible A2 variant:

l119a2.jpg

Alas all of my original reference photos are gone, as are my airsoft L119s (took quite some time getting them just right!) but I shall try to dig out some more references.

Guys the enthusiasm is appreciated. But we don't have the ability to make the kinds of changes you're suggesting.

• Like 3

The above pic from what is gathered is the new L119A2

main upgrades seem to be the ergo grip , magpul ctr , surefire flash hider , magpul asap and a custom IUR. 

If you look hard enough there is picture and documents about the A2 online ( where most of that info came from ) . Presuming they are UKSF as they are holding these A2's and boarding dauphin helicopters 2+2=UKSF .

on side note , DVD2016 show cased the virtus gear recently brought and showed off a new UR on the L85 so might be worth keeping a ear to the ground on these for next release.

on side note , DVD2016 show cased the virtus gear recently brought and showed off a new UR on the L85 so might be worth keeping a ear to the ground on these for next release.

JydDMJDl.jpg

Yeah, they have the rail welded directly to the upper body as well, and a different gas block - IIRC there was talk of an "A3" version being trialled several years ago with a pic rail directly on the body like this.

More pics from the MoD

Keymod rail is similar in style to some of the recent G36 upgrades and civvy parts that HK did

Great work chaps, really.  Some observations and requests if you're in the mood?

L119A1:

• Standard L119A1 version with a picatinny rail but without any grip would be great to have
  • The CQB version has the same accuracy, range, and weight compared to standard version - suggest all receive a small downward adjustment
  • The CQB version is also crying out for picatinny versions without grip and with a (smaller) FG - currently being unable to mount a light or laser on a CQB weapon seems cavalier
  • On the UGL variant the left hand constantly holds the GL pistol grip, suggest moving that to under the GL barrel where it'd be more supportive, or in-front of the magwell, only moving the hand to the GL handle when fire mode is switched to the GL.  Also... shocking finger discipline on that GL ;)
  • All versions of L119A1 could do with a dusting of weathered paint, suggest foliage green and some coyote tan so they would work in both temperate and desert environments

L129A1 DMR:

• A variant without a folding grip or AFG and hand supporting under the handguard would be great

L128A1 Shotgun:

• A variant without a folding grip and hand supporting under the handguard would be great  :)

L92A1 SMG:

• A variant with the SureFire handguard torch would be...

Comfortably, by far, the best UK specific set of mods.  Great work.

• Like 1

Hello, 

I was just wondering if you guys would consider adding these to your pack?

1.jpg'

Would love these to be added, if possible.

Unlikely in the short-medium term, unless we can find a model.  We try and prioritize on filling the holes in our arsenal.  Snipers are an edge case, that are already reasonably well  we covered.

Hi love the update guys. Is it just me or are the armour values broken?

Yes, the vests are a little thin.  We're working on a hotfix, which will be with you very soon.

A hotfix for the weapons is now available

Hotfix Version 2.0.2

• Fixed static GPMG reload animation issue
  • Fixed M6 ground contact issue
  • Fixed SUIT sight blur
  • Fixed ILAW and NLAW reload bug
  • Fixed L86A2 DMR bipod
  • Updated size of the M6's compass
  • Updated weapons to only show a magazine when a magazine is loaded
  • Added optional pointer for M6 (default key CRTL+`)

Apologies for any inconvenience

• Like 3

Just a head's up.  

It looks as though the latest @ACE update has fixed the longstanding bug with the Titan/Javelin, so our Javelin now works correctly, once again.

• Like 1

Just a head's up.  

It looks as though the latest @ACE update has fixed the longstanding bug with the Titan/Javelin, so our Javelin now works correctly, once again.

Yassss!!! Javelin is my absolute favorite piece of kit, can't wait to play with it after the new updates!!

Hello 3 Commando Brigade,

i made a quick test with your beautiful sniper rifles and the advanced ballistic module enabled,

you have got your own values for the bullets and it's very interesting, thanks for that.

The L115A3 and the L118A1 AWC (really great the full barrel silenced) are very accurate,

i just noticed a spin drift a little bit excessive, in my opinion, for the 12.7 bullets.

I checked the ace_bulletlenght for those bullets with the "Splendid config viewer" and i found 32,6898 millimeters.

Are you sure about this value because, normally, it's near 5 or 6 cm for this sort of bullet ?

Congrats for this great weapons pack and my apologies for my english.

The .50 Cals (12.7mm) don't have 60mm projectiles (bullet length) 3 cm or 32 MM. is about right. But Nemiuk who did all the configs for those based on real world data from the manufacturers should be able to help confirm

Could it be some other factor affecting spin drift ? Altitude and geographical location cariolis effect ?

Edit to add... I could be wrong on the bullet length. Just seen a reference to 58mm ?

Could it be some other factor affecting spin drift ? Altitude and geographical location cariolis effect ?

Better than my splendid english, "Gyroscopic (spin) Drift and Coriolis Effect" by Bryan Litz :

http://www.appliedballisticsllc.com/Articles/ABDOC108_GyroscopicAndCoriolis.pdf

Edit to add... I could be wrong on the bullet length. Just seen a reference to 58mm ?

Could be a good reference.

Honestly, i don't know the 12.7 manufacturers for the British army,

but just to give you a idea of the 12.7 bullet size :

http://www.igman.co.ba/en/proizvod.php?id=8

You notice that the M33 above is not exactly a US Military, it's just an example.

@j3aleine, thanks for the feedback.  It is indeed and error and has been updated on our dev build, and will be in the next release

• Like 1

Guys, thanks again for your work, really like it.

Noticed 2 small bugs with L115:

1) shell casing extracted before reload animation

2) after last bullet in magazine fired, shell casing dropping off, but no reload animation played

Not sure, if this could be fixed or that's just the way Arma animations works.

Also, I do have albums of 16AA and UKSF photos, which might be useful as L119 reference.

• Like 1

A quick heads up about a bug with the L16.

When the L16 fires automatically, ie a gunner is in the L16 and someone drops a round in the tube, the shot is inaccurate.  The command used to implement the auto-fire does not correctly animate the tube, so the L16 fires as though its in its default elevation.

This is now fixed in dev build.

In the interim, you can fire accurately by forcing manual fire.  This is done by ensuring no gunner is in the L16 when you reload it.

I'm trying to make a small UKSF style config for my unit to make respawns simpler, but I can't seem to get the sights to spawn on the L119 for some reason.

class LinkedItemsOptic
			{
				slot = "CowsSlot";
				item = "RKSL_optic_LDS";
			};

I'm using that but it doesn't seem to want to work. Any tips to what I'd need to put there instead? I'm guessing it's using ASDG, so I have no clue.

@namerewob1, here's an example of one that we currently use

class UK3CB_BAF_L119A1_SpecterLDS_FG : UK3CB_BAF_L119A1_FG {
        author = WEB_ADDRESS_3CB;
        scope = PROTECTED;
        class LinkedItems {
            class LinkedItemsOptic {
                slot = "asdg_OpticRail_UK3CB_BAF_L85";
                item = "RKSL_optic_LDS";
            };
            class LinkedItemsAcc {
                slot = "asdg_FrontSideRail_L85";
                item = "UK3CB_BAF_LLM_IR_Black";