I think there's a backwards compatibility issue going on: http://imgur.com/vNTOLAj

I'll try messing around with my mission.sqm to see if I can't get past it without too much hassle and report back incase anyone else has the same problem.

EDIT: I'm honestly really not sure what ended up causing the errors (I ended up having a few more). I think it might have been tied to some 3CB ammoboxes I had laid down in a previous mission and also a manually placed 3CB unit but I can't say with certainty what ended up causing it (I just ended up messing with my mission.sqm file a bit and deleting some objects in the editor and the problem went away).

I have a few more missions to edit so I'll be back if I can come up with a genuine cause.

EDIT 2: There's definitely a compatibility issue with ammo boxes containing the L11A1 ammo as well as units containing "UK3CB_BAF_30Rnd" ammo (really not sure what this one is TBH). Long story short, I had to change some objects in my mission.sqm into headless client objects to replace the L11AI ammo box to even get my missions to load. Then I had to delete and replace every unit pre-placed that was carrying "UK3CB_BAF_30Rnd" ammo (I deleted all units just to be safe) in order to make a specific pop-up error message go away.

If anyone needs more complete details for exactly what to do to get your mission to load and fixed, let me know and I can help you.

Also, no matter what options I use, I get a "module init" error on the bottom left of my screen if I use the newest 3CB Unit Configuration module in any of my ALiVE missions. I have to delete it/not use it completely for the error to go away.

@HeroesandvillainsOS all the ammo was renamed in this release.  We included a list of the replacement classes in the weapons change log.  Unfortunately it was necessary as the previous system was preventing us from expanding the range of ammo with logical naming.

Changes to class names

• UK3CB_BAF_30Rnd -> UK3CB_BAF_556_30Rnd
  • UK3CB_BAF_30Rnd_Blank -> UK3CB_BAF_556_30Rnd_Blank
  • UK3CB_BAF_30Rnd_T -> UK3CB_BAF_556_30Rnd_T
  • UK3CB_BAF_75Rnd -> UK3CB_BAF_762_100Rnd
  • UK3CB_BAF_75Rnd_Blank -> UK3CB_BAF_762_100Rnd_Blank
  • UK3CB_BAF_75Rnd_T -> UK3CB_BAF_762_100Rnd_T
  • UK3CB_BAF_100Rnd -> UK3CB_BAF_556_100Rnd
  • UK3CB_BAF_100Rnd_Blank -> UK3CB_BAF_556_100Rnd_Blank
  • UK3CB_BAF_100Rnd_T -> UK3CB_BAF_556_100Rnd_T
  • UK3CB_BAF_200Rnd -> UK3CB_BAF_556_200Rnd
  • UK3CB_BAF_200Rnd_Blank -> UK3CB_BAF_556_200Rnd_Blank
  • UK3CB_BAF_200Rnd_T -> UK3CB_BAF_556_200Rnd_T
  • UK3CB_BAF_20Rnd -> UK3CB_BAF_762_L42A1_20Rnd
  • UK3CB_BAF_20Rnd_Blank -> UK3CB_BAF_762_L42A1_20Rnd_Blank
  • UK3CB_BAF_20Rnd_T -> UK3CB_BAF_762_L42A1_20Rnd_T
  • UK3CB_BAF_L128A1_Slugs -> UK3CB_BAF_12G_Slugs
  • UK3CB_BAF_L128A1_Pellets -> UK3CB_BAF_12G_Pellets
  • UK3CB_BAF_10Rnd_127x99mm -> UK3CB_BAF_127_10Rnd
  • UK3CB_BAF_10Rnd_127x99mm_AP -> UK3CB_BAF_127_10Rnd_AP
  • UK3CB_BAF_100Rnd_127x99_Box -> UK3CB_BAF_127_100Rnd
  • UK3CB_BAF_17Rnd_9mm -> UK3CB_BAF_9_17Rnd
  • UK3CB_BAF_30Rnd_9mm -> UK3CB_BAF_9_30Rnd

We're looking into the error message, although it does not appear to cause any run-time issue.

Thanks for the feedback

• Like 1

Small bugs aside we're REALLY pleased with the feedback we're getting both here, on Steam and within our own Unit... So I guess it's time for my normal Plea. I do this after every release, and tbh it doesn't tend to have much effect. But I live in hope that there is someone out there suitably inspired.

SO...

Doing these mods takes a LONG time. The modding team proper (I'm just a mascot and general "annoying ideas" guy) are really small, no more than a handful really.  We take our time and try to get things right first time out, which as you know means long periods of development, testing, more development, and more testing till we're 99.9% sure it's ready. And we're also absolute sticklers for quality... no slap dash ports here thank-you-very-much ;-)

We're grateful to all the support we get from other teams, and likewise anyone who knows us, understands how much time and help we give back by way of coding support or reciprocal sharing of assets etc. But our own Mods would move a lot faster if we had dedicated help.....

We-Need-You.jpg

So who are we looking for: Primarily we need Texture artistsAnimators and Modelers. We have real experts who can do all the nasty coding and config work. But we have limited resource on getting the actual finished models. People who can produce authentic looking models and textures or animation  / rigging fiends. All welcome.

Why is that important: Pretty much every request we get both internally and externally is for new kit. Or for Kit that looks more modern or Period accurate. That's just not possible without good models to base it on; and we've just about stretched the limit on what's already available out there in A1/A2/Community land. Then we have to get it looking right, with awesome textures, in game and moving right...

So why would you want to Join us: We're really lucky to have some seriously skilled people who can get your creations into the game. We do this in a really social-able non competitive environment and have become great friends in learning how to get the best out of the engine we have. Apart from one team member, none of the guys had any modding or game development skills before they started and I would say in the short time they've been developing our packs; they have really got good at what they do. We can help bring you along on that Journey. 

What we are not: We're not a modding school. They just don't have time to teach people how to mod. What we need is people who are already good/fairly advanced at the skill they bring and who are looking for that next step. I.e. Getting the asset into game. This is where we really shine and can help coach and support.

But I don't want to play as British Royal Marines: Ideally we'd love it for people to join us properly and play with the kit we produce, that's the main reason we do it... To have a great crack with large coops and TvTs running around in MTP/DPM whatever... BUT we have people who collaborate with us who are not playing members so don't be put off by the "must join the unit" perception. That's effectively secondary to how the team work.

So how do I get in touch: Just send us a PM. Lifetap is the "manager" of the team and co-ordinates all the resources to ensure we get the best results. But feel free to speak to any of the familiar 3CB user names you see popping up on the threads. Alternatively we're active most nights on the TS: voice.3commandobrigade.com

So that's me for another round... I'll copy paste this into the other pack releases, so forgive the repeats.  

Please keep the screen shots and video's coming, we love to see how you're using the kit and if anyone spots any other oddities - please let us know.

Cheers

SJ

• Like 2

Is there a rangetable for the M6 mortar? Otherwise how do you know what elevation & charge settings to use when firing?

I love new l119s. Will there be a railed version of cqb one's?

@Ltf   Is there one in BAF service?  If you can find the evidence, then we'll add one :)

Little feedback on the L119 and some other stuff i noticed when testing:

- Low number of L119 versions, was atleast expecting a small foregrip on the CQB version, and Camoflaged versions (see point 2)

- There is a Tan/Desert LDS, but there are no Tan/Desert weapons in the mod, is that something that is still in the works?

Other then that amazing update, love the new 200rnd belts for the L7A2

There are reference shots on the forum Lifetap... I just assumed we had no model to replicate.

The NLAW (MBT LAW)

Weight: 12.5 kg

Caliber: 115/150 mm [1]

Muzzle velocity/munition delivery: 2 stage, inital tube clearance charge 40 m/s followed by main rocket motor after several meters high subsonic 200 m/s (Mach 0.7)

Warhead: Single shape charge - Armour penetration more than MBT roof with explosive reactive armour (ERA)

Range: 20m - 600+m (1000m Max on paper effective upto 2200m field tested)

Guidance: Predicted Line Of Sight (PLOS) / inertial guidance (3 second hold on target Fire & forget)

Modes of operation: OTA (Overflying Top Attack) and DA (Direct Attack)

Single non-expert soldier system

Preparation time in seconds

Unguided Dumb Fire if required

Confined space capability

Red dot sight pptical sight 2.5x magnification

NVG - compatible

Night vision capability (With additonal clip on IR eqipment as part of tripod mount)

Un-jammable proximity fuze

High SSKP (Single Shot Kill Probability)

Insensitive munition with 20 year Shelf life

All Climate conditions and environments Design Operational temperature: -38 to +63 °C

Operation

The gunner can break off and start up a combat sequence any number of times.

The missile can be deployed at targets at ranges down to 20m and to over 600m.

The missile can also be launched immediately without tracking when an unexpected target appears.

The MBT LAW has a soft launch and can be fired from confined spaces such as from inside buildings and vehicle hatches, and from all positions and angles up to ±45°.

The flight time to a 400m range is less than two seconds.

The initial muzzle velocity is 40m/s. The maximum missile velocity is below the speed of sound.

Guidance system

In the predicted line-of-sight (PLOS) mode, the gunner tracks the target for three seconds and the missile's guidance electronics makes a record of the gunner's movement as he aims and computes the flight path to the predicted position of the target.

"After launch the missile flies autonomously to the target."

It is unnecessary for the gunner to consider the range or angular speed of the target.

After launch the missile flies autonomously to the target.

The missile's position in its trajectory always coincides with the target irrespective of range.

Modes of operation

The soldier selects top attack mode to engage tanks and armoured vehicles in order to strike the least armoured area on the vehicle's roof.

In the overfly top attack (OTA) mode, the missile flies at about 1m above the line of sight.The missile's sensor initiates the warhead above the roof of the target.

The soldier can select the direct attack (DA) mode to engage light vehicles, buildings and bunkers. In direct attack mode the missile flies directly along the line of sight towards the target.

The missile fuse system is disconnected and the warhead detonates upon impact, after a short delay.

Warhead characteristics

The missile has an active magnetic and optical sensor activated proximity fuse.

The sensor data is analysed to match the known relevant target criteria before warhead initiation.

The missile warhead is activated even against aluminium targets and partially concealed targets.

In conventional overflight missiles a keyhole effect resulting in reduced penetration into the target is caused by a shaped charge jet which develops during the missile flight.

The MBT LAW warhead, similar to the BILL 2 missile warhead, incorporates a dynamically compensated shaped and copper lined charge to retain the penetration characteristics.

The charge is 102mm in diameter.

The Acog Scope (for NLAW)

Trijicon Compact ACOG 2.5x20 magnification red dot scope - Part Number A41-NLAW-CW

This is a dual illuminated day and night scope. In daylight the aiming cheveron is lit by light penatraing through the fiber optic element, thus the brighter the enviroment lighting the brighter the aiming cheveron. In dim light or at night the aiming cheveron is illuminated with tritium (Same material used in glow in the dark watch hands)

It is not an electrically powered infared night vision scope however the scope is night vision goggle compatible.

The A41-NLAW-CW has a single Aiming Cheveron for target acquisition (It is not ment for use on rifles therefore has no useful distance markings) 

Aiming Cheveron: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11644970/ACOG/Reticle.jpg 

Model Number: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11644970/ACOG/Logo.jpg 

Top: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11644970/ACOG/Top.jpg 

Reverse Side: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11644970/ACOG/Side.jpg 

Bottom: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11644970/ACOG/Bottom.jpg 

Elevation Adjust (Top): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11644970/ACOG/Turret.jpg

Adjust screw marked U/R - Up / Right respectively meaning turning the screw in the direction of the arrow will move point of aim up for elevation adjust / right for windage adjust. Both Elevation (Top) and Windage (Side) adjusts display U/R as the wheel is universal when manufactured

@foxone different coloured weapons, whether thats camo, white and tan will be added over time

We've exposed most of the weapons textures and materials via the hidden texture mechanism, so that anyone is free to add their own colours.  We'd of course be very interested if anyone produces some high quality coloured variants (see SJ's message above).  We'd consider including them in a future release.

If you like the 200 round belts, you can now split them into 2x100 round belts, or join 2x100 round belts to make a 200 round belt.  It enables you to share the ammo with the vehicle mounts.

• Like 1

Lifetap, thanks for the breaks down. This should help me immensely fixing up my remaining missions.

One I'm not seeing in your list is the new names for anything related to the L111A1 and L16 static weapon ammo. These are the errors I'm seeing most frequently.

The classnames I'm missing are UK3CB_BAF_Static_Weapons_L111A1_ammo and UK3CB_BAF_Static_Weapons_L16_ammo. Do you know offhand what the replacements are for these?

Very nice work on the release chaps, couple other points on the L119s:

1. The 10" version (labeled CQB) should have the flash hider flat with the front sight rather than the additional inch or two we have currently. (can be seen here www.eliteukforces.info/images/gallery/royal-marines-commandos/43-commando.jpg)

2. The stock is incorrect for an L119, the more modern version are now having the Magpul MOE stock on them however the traditional Car-15 stock is still in use with a rubber buttpad (and in my opinion what makes an L119 an L119)

3. In terms of foregrips etc on them they are usually a personal choice by the guys using them in the Regiment so what may work better than adding loads of variants in is doing something similar to how RHS do it. They basically have a normal railed variant with no attachments and then have the attachments separate. The most common choices currently are a standard Tango Down style foregrip and the AFG.

4. EMags (like the L85 uses) are the go to mag now for L119s

Another thing I was unsure of as it was sort of hard to tell but on the CQB version the bayonet lug needs to be chopped off as otherwise the suppressor can not fit on (and so is done on all 10" versions). In regards to the RIS on the CQB version, it is how all L119s are setup now, the older style handguard was used but it was when they were first adopted and changed before Iraq I believe (maybe earlier than that). Ontop of that I had two questions:

Are there any plans to add in the suppressor that is used with the 10" version? It is the Socom 556 suppressor by Surefire if you need a reference.

Do you plan to do any L119 specific attachments? The most common modern sights used now are the Aimpoint CompM4 + Magnifier on the 10" and on the 16" is the Acog TA01 with a RMR sight, the most common light/laser modules are the LA-5 (basically a PEQ-15).

Other than that very nice work on the release as I said before! Also, sorry if this post came off wrong but the L119 is one of my loves having built my own for airsoft off of lots of reference pictures haha.

• Like 1

Detailed feedback with references like that is always welcome, so thanks Baconeo.

One of the weapon modellers from the team will no doubt reply with viability on the details for future updates.

@Baconeo Having reference images showing the changes would really help as well.

Detailed feedback with references like that is always welcome, so thanks Baconeo.

One of the weapon modellers from the team will no doubt reply with viability on the details for future updates.

No problem, if anymore information is needed/wanted feel free to PM and I will be happy to help. I have access to a reference images that I can share as well as obviously having my own example that I am more than happy to take pictures of if needed.

@HeroesandvillainsOS

Ammo crate names:

"UK3CB_BAF_Box_WpsBasic", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_WpsSpecial", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_WpsLaunch", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_WpsStatic",
"UK3CB_BAF_Box_L1A1", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_L7A2", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_L111A1", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_L134A1", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_L16", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_M6",
"UK3CB_BAF_Box_556_Ammo", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_762_Ammo", 
"UK3CB_BAF_Box_40_Ammo", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_Grenade",
"UK3CB_BAF_Box_L7A2_Ammo", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_L111A1_Ammo", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_L134A1_Ammo", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_L16_Ammo", "UK3CB_BAF_Box_M6_Ammo",
"UK3CB_BAF_SupplyCrate_Ammo", "UK3CB_BAF_SupplyCrate_L16_Ammo"

Static weapon mags:
"UK3CB_BAF_32Rnd_40mm_G_Box",
"UK3CB_BAF_1Rnd_60mm_Mo_Shells", "UK3CB_BAF_1Rnd_60mm_Mo_Flare_White", "UK3CB_BAF_1Rnd_60mm_Mo_Smoke_White",
"UK3CB_BAF_1Rnd_81mm_Mo_Shells", "UK3CB_BAF_1Rnd_81mm_Mo_Flare_White", "UK3CB_BAF_1Rnd_81mm_Mo_IRFlare_White", "UK3CB_BAF_1Rnd_81mm_Mo_Smoke_White", "UK3CB_BAF_1Rnd_81mm_Mo_Guided", "UK3CB_BAF_1Rnd_81mm_Mo_LG"
"UK3CB_BAF_762_100Rnd", "UK3CB_BAF_762_100Rnd_Blank", "UK3CB_BAF_762_100Rnd_T", 
"UK3CB_BAF_762_200Rnd", "UK3CB_BAF_762_200Rnd_Blank", "UK3CB_BAF_762_200Rnd_T", 
"UK3CB_BAF_127_100Rnd"

We'll get the class names up on our web page in the next few days
  • Like 2

@Baconeo Having reference images showing the changes would really help as well.

PM'd you some images, let me know if you want more.

One more question, will they have grippod or foregrip?(having both could be amazing)

And a little suggestion, you can use bipod system for grippod like sma

Thanks for the info Baconeo, we have seen the RHS variable attachments and it has excited us as well.  As the others will agree we wanted to get the mod out as it has been a year in the making so you never know we may be able to achieve something in the future.  We're all crossing our fingers that we will be able to work out what RHS have done.

Hope you like the L119's I sweated some blood on the hand anims so I messed around with them lots and have a little soft spot for them now.

• Like 1

I was just trying out the L86A3 and the Bipod still wont deploy, but you are in the animation as if the bipod was deployed, anyone else got this? I think this was also a problem with the older version.

@jordanbache97   The L86A3's bipod did not deploy in the original version as it would cut through the players hand.  We've since replaced the hand animation, but animation of the bipod just fell outside of what was possible to cram into this release.  It's on the list for the next update.  Well spotted