Thanks Evrik for the detailed reply. I use 3CB Weapons too and wasn't aware of this.

I'm currently utilizing the binoculars slot for the laser designator (I play only ALiVE and bind this to the commander tablet).

Long shot but is there an option to override all these steps to just load it like vanilla and make this lock-on with T by chance? Like an idiots version to your launcher? This seems like a lot of steps (I mean no offense. I just like to keep things simple).

@opendome: Here are the notes for assembling and firing the Javelin. I am guessing the issue will be that you are perhaps not in thermal mode and fully zoomed in on the target before you are pressing T.

Javelin Launcher

1. Equip a Javelin Command Launch Unit (CLU) into your Binocular slot. It can be used as a thermal spotting system on it’s own.
  2. Equip a Javelin Tube to your launcher slot. It has a black end cap protecting the missile inside the tube.
  3. To assemble the Javelin press “Ctrl+Bâ€. The CLU will be attached to the Tube (if @Ace3 is loaded this option is also available on the interaction menu).
  4. Aim at a target with a thermal signature. Sight down the optics (right mouse button).
  5. Switch to thermal imaging by pressing “N†(toggles day-thermal-thermal).
  6. Zoom in from WFOV to NFOV by pressing “Numpad+â€.
  7. In vanilla ArmA press “T†to lock-on to the target. With @Ace3, press and hold “T†to obtain a lock which may take a few seconds.
  8. With @ace3 you can additionally change the attack mode from ‘Direct’ to ‘Top Down’ by pressing “Shift+Tâ€.
  9. Fire the missile (left mouse button).
  10. Disassemble the CLU from the used tube by pressing “Ctrl+Bâ€. The CLU is returned to your binocular slot for re-use.
  11. Discard the used Javelin tube. Pick up another – but bear in mind they cost $250,000 each!

NB: While sighting through the assembled Javelin, if you move too fast @ace3 causes the optical sight to drop away from the eye.

Hmmmm yup Im using thermals fully zoomed and tried both pressing t and holding t (i tried for 10 seconds since Im using ACE) and also the direct/top down toggle doesn't seem to do anything (shift+t)

@opendome: Is it possible you have your T or shift+T bound to something else? Also, could you try it with just cba_a3 and our mods running in case another 3rd party mod you are using is causing a problem?

@HeroesandvilliansOS: Unfortunately not. The NLAW is probably your only alternative. Using the binocular slot is the only way we can have the CLU unit useable as a standalone optic. In our Op's we usually run with a specialized Javelin team for dealing with heavier armour - or even Hinds if you can stay locked on them long enough! 

• Like 1

if his target has no thermal signature will it still lock?  in A2 if they turned off their engine it was very hard to lock it.

Good point. That is probably something we would have to test to actually confirm. I can't recall from our pre-release tests. I do know that you can lock it on buildings.

Good point. That is probably something we would have to test to actually confirm. I can't recall from our pre-release tests. I do know that you can lock it on buildings.

Just to confirm, it should lock onto a target without a thermal signature. I did so in one of our last ops :). I suspect a key-bind conflict? As I had a similar issue when switching to 'Top Down' with Shift+T. 

I have the same issue - unable to lock onto anything using the Javelin - and I suspect it's key binding-related. I'm the kind of person that spends a solid hour going over and changing every key binding to suit me, and I've found that there can be an occasional resulting bug. For example at one point I had sprint bound to something else, but decided I preferred left shift, but changing it back didn't do anything and I was unable to sprint, IIRC I eventually just had to reset everything to default then change everything again.

@Aniallator: If you are having the problem, maybe make up a new arma 3 profile, set the keys for that profile to default, and then try the Javelin. If it locks fine, you know it is a key bind conflict. You can then delete the new profile and go looking at the key setup in your existing one.

NOTE: I am assuming there that new arma3 profiles store their own keybinds. :D

• Like 1

yes in arma 1 and 2 if you set TAB (lock target) on any other additional action it could refuse to lock targets.

I imagine it's as arbitrary as the order of the code in dealing with each keypress, rather than anything functional (i.e. if it hits your OTHER action before it gets to "case: lock target" then it completes/stops the script with the alternate action).

Is T the new TAB in A3 then?

Basically. Although I rebind to TAB, especially for aircraft. Bigger button. :D

I also have this bound to TAB, otherwise i'm transmitting across my alternate channel on TFRadio whilst trying to lock onto a tank :D

• Like 1

one of the first keys i ever rebound, also to TAB. T is the teamswitch / evo menu in my missions, has been since arma 1 lol.

wow is that a republishing of your mods? i imagine that's a no-no? it sure is for us at unsung.

Yeah, its not the first time, nor will it be the last. We've issued take down notices to both. We appreciate the community heads up. :D

• Like 2

Lifetap, I have PM'd you some stuff about the L85s you may be interested in.

Would it be possible to get one of these for the L85?

Would love to be able to shout "AFFIX BAYONETS" and charge the enemy.

y8D1x8B.jpg

Nice thought. It would be entirely cosmetic though. You couldn't actually stab anyone with it. If and when we ever finish adding in / upgrading the rest of the weapons, equipment, and vehicles we might add it in. Alternatively, if one of the mod team decides they want it, it might appear sooner. ;)

Would it be possible to get one of these for the L85?

Would love to be able to shout "AFFIX BAYONETS" and charge the enemy.

y8D1x8B.jpg

"The first thing to remember: There's no substitute for cold steel. They do not like it up 'em, they DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM"

Nice thought. It would be entirely cosmetic though. You couldn't actually stab anyone with it. If and when we ever finish adding in / upgrading the rest of the weapons, equipment, and vehicles we might add it in. Alternatively, if one of the mod team decides they want it, it might appear sooner. ;)

we had bayonets working in arma 2. they used a menu action that popped up if an enemy was within 2m of you. and you could stab them to death.

it had an animation for stabber and stabee, and a anim and sound when you attached or removed the bayonet

I'm about to rewrite the function for unsung mod, and we have made bayonets pretty ubiquitous in preparation for this feature...

stoner3_zpsn72vbvyh.jpg

ak47b1_zpsp4mxs7pb.jpg

sks_bayo1_zpsztaafrdj.jpg

if you add them as underbarrel items, then when i finish testing the module maybe you could use it.

That would great, Eggbeast. Thanks. Great screenshots btw.

Nice stuff, tupolov. Models look good.

One of my steam friends is having trouble logging into the forums here and had a question regarding ACE and advanced ballistics with 3CB scopes. I told him I'd post the question for him (I have no clue what the answer is).

Cpt.Murdock: Hej guys

Since I am somehow not able to login to the forum, I asked Heroes to put it up.

I am creating a mission on reshmaan with Alive, Ace and 3CB.

Now I want to use the advanced ballistics for snipers. But the sniper scopes on the 3CB units won't use the advanced ballistics. I tried the vanilla scopes and they work on the same module-layout..

Is the 3CB weapon pack incompatible with the advanced ballistic model or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Murdock