No point having a bigger mag on the LSW. You'll be taking the mag off plenty to clear the insane amount of stoppages anyway so you might as well change it

'Welcome to Charlie Coy son. Here's the shit gun no one else wants to carry.'  :D

Only one bag on a GPMG and thats the bawbag behind it.

Never had any dramas with stoppages with the LSW, magazines fitted to the LMG is stoppage central.

The problems with the LSW are more with it being akin to the Holocaust, if you like it and think it's a decent bit of kit you're basically Hitler stoking the oven. If you're being forced to carry it, then everyone thinks you are a sh!t c@nt. 

Holy crap LMG? That thing was in the SLR days was it not?

You're right though LSW wasn't that bad in single shot. Maybe the A2 modifications made the rifles a lot better on auto with the new mags. I couldn't tell you. In the chocolate factory wetting my balls as a young bayonet the LSW sucked satans balls for stoppages on auto doing short bursts. Thankfully I never had it after depot.

Holy crap LMG? That thing was in the SLR days was it not?

You're right though LSW wasn't that bad in single shot. Maybe the A2 modifications made the rifles a lot better on auto with the new mags. I couldn't tell you. In the chocolate factory wetting my balls as a young bayonet the LSW sucked satans balls for stoppages on auto doing short bursts. Thankfully I never had it after depot.

The LMG is back, but not the 7.62 Bren derivative you're thinking of. It's the 5.56 Minimi basically but it's known as the LMG.

The LSW you used was grim, the RG magazines were tonk and the magazine had a habbit of falling off. The A2 has made the whole family of weapons a solid weapons platform that I'm more than happy with.

Edit - Beaten by the man himself!

The L4A4 Bren isn't the LMG Jonny was referring to!

And stoppages are the least of the LSWs dramas.

LOL. Combat 95 was new when I joined put it that way. Minimi was something the French gave me a shot of once on their ranges and a pipe dream.

Thanks guys. The nostalgia is real. 

Edit - Beaten by the man himself!

The L4A4 Bren isn't the LMG Jonny was referring to!

And stoppages are the least of the LSWs dramas.

Only you'd know the L designation for the Bren, Geek.

Hey 3CB. Great work so far, me and my community have been really enjoying using your work.

My question is whether it's your aim to have ace3 and your weapons etc. to be fully compatible? I don't want to give you error reports about this if that's not your intent.

Hey Flipped, yes the intention is to correct any issue with the weapons / scopes and ACE3. We will do so in the next pass of the pack. However we are currently focussed on releasing our Wildcat and Apache variants first.

Cheers for the response.

Couple of small things we've found so far:

the GL variants of the weapons aren't able to use the HuntIR (if this is intentional I have no problem with that)

From server rpt

[ACE] (frag) WARNING: Ammo class UK3CB_R_AT4_AP lacks proper explosive properties definitions for frag!

Look forward to seeing what you guys do with the choppers

Thanks for spotting the RPT warning, flipped.

The GL was not initially configured to use HuntIR.  We'll consider adding it in the next release.

From Client RPT

Error in expression <eUpperLimit = _muzzleVelocityShiftTable select 10;
if (isNil "_muzzleVelocityShi>
Error position: <select 10;
if (isNil "_muzzleVelocityShi>
Error Zero divisor
File z\ace\addons\advanced_ballistics\functions\fnc_calculateAmmoTemperatureVelocityShift.sqf, line 9

Only happens when firing shotguns when using the advanced ballistics module.

Got a big question about your 81mm mortar and ACE mortar rangecard. How to get it to work together?

I am familiar with mortar mechanics, and our group is fairly serious with milsim, playing with everything enabled in ACE3 mortar module.

It seems like the mortar from BAF is quite far off from Mk 6; is there any other rangecard I should use?

I was calculating a solution for adjust fire mission during a training excercise in my own time — terrain was CLafghan. Range - 1250m, deelevation was 350m, with 1mps crosswind. I calculated everything using the mortar range card; solution for 1250m using 1 c-charge would be 1186 mils, but considering the deelevation one needs to add 52 mils (15 mils per 100 meters difference; 15*3.5=52.5) to that, resulting in 1238 as a final solution. Direction was 4800 mils, but I had to adjust to 4802 for the crosswind.

I skipped temperature and air density calculations, as they would not make that much difference during this mission.

I fired a shot using mortar from the mod. Overshot 300 meters.

... Thinking something must be off with my aim I double checked the calculations; everything was right in place though, so I placed a Mk6 mortar from vanilla ArmA right next to the BAF one, then I've commited exactly the same fire mission - one round with 1238 elevation, one c-charge, at 4802 mils.

I fired a shot. Then I fired for effect, seeing a direct hit on the house I was aiming for.

On map it looked something like this:

2p6Pdgh.jpg

@Flipped: Thanks for the report. The pack was released just prior to ACE3 being publically available. We tried to make it ACE3 forward compatible at the time, but there have been updates since then. We will attempt to correct these when we do our next update to the weapon pack, along with adding in a few new weapons and adjust the sound tails etc...

@Arkhir: Thanks. It isn't your calculations. This has been reported in the past. Again, it will be something we will look to correct in the future. At first glance it isn't immediately obvious as our mortar inherits pretty much everything from the vanilla MK6 in terms of config, so something else must be going on. It could be the different size / angles between the two models, but we'll spend more time on it when we get finished with our helicopter releases.

• Like 1

In reference to the mortar you should be able to hit direct. What I have found is if you are pointing the view at the ground then the readings do get corrupted. But as lifetap said we do inherit from the mk6 and ace haven't released any of there mortar configs yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So wait, everything would be fine if I aimed at the sky?

Give it a try that's what we found with a little playing around.

• Like 1

Cheers, everything works fine when aiming at the sky, not at the ground.

Thanks for confirming.

Can you please fix the sound eminating from the player when using the "Switch vehicle lights" keybind? When used with the toggle IR Laser/Flashlight function (which is on the same keybind - the sound happens at any time you hit the key combo), it will create a loud click that can be heard from almost a hundred metres away in multiplayer.

will the L85 get any sound upgrades? atm it doesn't sound very authentic

@vking: When we next update the weapon pack (we have more stuff to add in the near future) we can look at the sound.

@ayylmao: In the next update, we will be adding in the sound tails that were released with the most recent update to the game. Hopefully then the sound will have the echo tail and additional sounds when firing indoors etc...

As has been said countless times, fantastic work on the pack chaps! I was wondering, are there any plans to include the ACOG on the hornbill mount reversed (for the Minimi)?

Cheers!

@madbrood: We do have an updated model coming for the actual L110 weapon itself, but any new scope would require a model. If we can source one, or modify the original, then perhaps we can include it.

This looks great! One weird thing is utilizing the javelin seems to have some issues for me, pressing and holding T doesn't appear to do anything and shift+t also doesn't do anything.

Thanks!

@opendome: Here are the notes for assembling and firing the Javelin. I am guessing the issue will be that you are perhaps not in thermal mode and fully zoomed in on the target before you are pressing T.

Javelin Launcher

1. Equip a Javelin Command Launch Unit (CLU) into your Binocular slot. It can be used as a thermal spotting system on it’s own.
  2. Equip a Javelin Tube to your launcher slot. It has a black end cap protecting the missile inside the tube.
  3. To assemble the Javelin press “Ctrl+Bâ€. The CLU will be attached to the Tube (if @Ace3 is loaded this option is also available on the interaction menu).
  4. Aim at a target with a thermal signature. Sight down the optics (right mouse button).
  5. Switch to thermal imaging by pressing “N†(toggles day-thermal-thermal).
  6. Zoom in from WFOV to NFOV by pressing “Numpad+â€.
  7. In vanilla ArmA press “T†to lock-on to the target. With @Ace3, press and hold “T†to obtain a lock which may take a few seconds.
  8. With @ace3 you can additionally change the attack mode from ‘Direct’ to ‘Top Down’ by pressing “Shift+Tâ€.
  9. Fire the missile (left mouse button).
  10. Disassemble the CLU from the used tube by pressing “Ctrl+Bâ€. The CLU is returned to your binocular slot for re-use.
  11. Discard the used Javelin tube. Pick up another – but bear in mind they cost $250,000 each!
    NB: While sighting through the assembled Javelin, if you move too fast @ace3 causes the optical sight to drop away from the eye.
  • Like 2