Hey what are the gunstats for the 8.6x70mm sr98. I need them in order for the Ace 3, AtragMX to work. By defualt ace does not have the rifle/gun as an optionc so I cannot correctly use the AtragMX to calculate firing soloutions. The rangecard works though.

Hey what are the gunstats for the 8.6x70mm sr98. I need them in order for the Ace 3, AtragMX to work. By defualt ace does not have the rifle/gun as an optionc so I cannot correctly use the AtragMX to calculate firing soloutions. The rangecard works though.

It is in, it's just listed as .338 Lapua Magnum rather then by Caliber. 

That is possibly the most simple and elegant answer I have seen in a while. Epic WIN sir!

Good evening gentlemen,

Our team has recently adopted the 3CB set as a standard mods and we have come across a few issues:

1: already mentioned Surefire flash hider problem.

2: UGL L85 variants have no UGL firing sound with any of the rounds after it is first added to a character's kit. Only after it is dropped onto the floor and picked up again are the sounds heard.

3: ILAW & AT4 has a swirly vortex circle that travels rearward when fired, possibly a simulation of the exhaust cone. Looks like something from doctor who.

4: When adding your preset units into a editor mission map, if the kit is changed in Virtual Arsenal by the player when in game and the player dies and respawns, the original kit of the unit model is reassigned to the character. This occurs even with ace3 "kit saving on death" module added.

Happens on vanilla ARMA & with the following mods:

CBA A3 V2.0

RH M4 A3

RH ACC

RH PDW A3

RH Pistol A3

ACE 3 3.2.1

TFAR 0.9.8

JSRS3

3CB BAF Equipment v3.0

3CB BAF Vehicles v3.0

3CB BAF Weapons v1.1

I will try and get some images/videos if required.

Regards

Mearcat.

4: When adding your preset units into a editor mission map, if the kit is changed in Virtual Arsenal by the player when in game and the player dies and respawns, the original kit of the unit model is reassigned to the character. This occurs even with ace3 "kit saving on death" module added.

I can quickly answer this one.

I'm assuming you're running @3cb_baf_units, although you left it off the mod list?

In the Editor place down the Module 3CB BAF Unit Configuration and set Default Gear on Respawn to No. This will solve that issue.

From the Readme and first post:

Modules > Misc > 3CB BAF Unit Configuration

Default Gear on Respawn:     Yes (No) - Select 'No' to allow other mods or scripts to set unit gear on respawn

2: UGL L85 variants have no UGL firing sound with any of the rounds after it is first added to a character's kit. Only after it is dropped onto the floor and picked up again are the sounds heard.

CBA A3 V2.0

RH M4 A3

RH ACC

RH PDW A3

RH Pistol A3

ACE 3 3.2.1

TFAR 0.9.8

JSRS3

3CB BAF Equipment v3.0

3CB BAF Vehicles v3.0

3CB BAF Weapons v1.1

No problems with hearing the sounds of the UGL firing here.

Please remove JSRS from your mod list and test again.

3: ILAW & AT4 has a swirly vortex circle that travels rearward when fired, possibly a simulation of the exhaust cone. Looks like something from doctor who.

It's supposed to simulate the cloud of water vapour that is thrown back on the CS versions of the launchers... It wasn't our intention to match a multi-million pound BBC Production level of quality.... but we do our best, so thanks.

• Like 3

I can quickly answer this one.

I'm assuming you're running @3cb_baf_units, although you left it off the mod list?

In the Editor place down the Module 3CB BAF Unit Configuration and set Default Gear on Respawn to No. This will solve that issue.

From the Readme and first post:

Modules > Misc > 3CB BAF Unit Configuration

Default Gear on Respawn:     Yes (No) - Select 'No' to allow other mods or scripts to set unit gear on respawn

Yes missed the units one off.

thank you, that has fixed that problem for our bootcamp and a few missions.

No problems with hearing the sounds of the UGL firing here.

Please remove JSRS from your mod list and test again.

I had thought of this when testing but ran out of time. We will test the 2 different scenarios and report back, if possible with video.

It's supposed to simulate the cloud of water vapour that is thrown back on the CS versions of the launchers... It wasn't our intention to match a multi-million pound BBC Production level of quality.... but we do our best, so thanks.

I have had info from another player that when running "Blastcore Phoenix" he gets a heat haze effect travelling rearward from the launcher exhaust, but without phoenix it appears as a spiral shaped distortion. We weren't sure if it was a fault or not, as we are so use to seeing the quick puff from the vanilla launchers.

As for matching a multi-million pound effects department, you guys have produced these mods off your own backs. I think with the quality that these mods are at, the community would have a lot of drool to clean up if we threw a few million at you for development.

I will try and get our recording guy to make some vids of the UGL thing.

Thanks for the quick replies guy's

lol,  you know we've never tested with blastcore.... I need to try that...

• Like 1

oh and could you take a look into the L129A1 sound. would be nice if it sounded more like this:

or like the RHS M240

right now it sounds to "tinny"

One thing I see that we are having problems with in my group is that the weapons seem very week, even compared to people without armour. It just seems odd that we have to unload full mags to kill a guy.

There have been some substantial changes to the way certain mods, i.e. RHS russians, portray Armour values.

We code our mod to try and stay within the vanilla damage model - we then tried to simulate the exact British weapon spec using this model. However Mods Like ACE and RHS will modify this somwhat - I'm not totally clear on what the changes are at the moment and or whether they are "bugs" or will be documented and become the new status-quo.

Do you have specific examples from your own experiences ? i.e. what units were you shooting at - from what distance and what circumstances

let us know

SJ

On our last event were fighting RHS insurgent's, one case we where 50m away and one of us unloaded a full mag in the head before he went down, there was also a similarity case about 20m in the body again with a full mag.

On our last event were fighting RHS insurgent's, one case we where 50m away and one of us unloaded a full mag in the head before he went down, there was also a similarity case about 20m in the body again with a full mag.

i have to say we also entcountered the above "problem" but not to that extent.

also with the RHS insurgents. they are wearing body armor so you need 2-6 shots that they lay down at medium ranges.

so it is more realisitic in a way...in realife you dont go down after one hit from a 5.56

headshots on the other hand are leathal everytime atleast on our server.

we use ace, RHS and 3CB stuff

we shot L129A1, L85 and the FIST SAW...so i dont see a problem.

i have to say we also entcountered the above "problem" but not to that extent.

also with the RHS insurgents. they are wearing body armor so you need 2-6 shots that they lay down at medium ranges.

so it is more realisitic in a way...in realife you dont go down after one hit from a 5.56

headshots on the other hand are leathal everytime atleast on our server.

we use ace, RHS and 3CB stuff

we shot L129A1, L85 and the FIST SAW...so i dont see a problem.

It seem to only be a proplem for the 5X56 systems, the larger rounds seem to be acting just fine. Our current mod set if it helps:

@3cb_baf_equipemnt

@3cb_baf_units

@3cb_baf_vehicles

@3cb_baf_weapons

@ace

@ASDG_JR

@CBA_A3

@Cha_AV8B

@mcc_sandbox

@st_ui

@st_map_gestures

@st_nametags

@st_stamina_bar

@sthud

@task_force_radio

@RHS_USAF

@RHS_AFRF

i dont know if it was mentioned before, but the spent casings on the L7 "Gimpy" arent normaly thrown out of the right side of the weapon, they are just thrown out on the bottom side.

It's the same with the .50 cal. We didn't get a chance to adjust the model - thanks for reminding us though :-)

Hi Guys 1st great work on the mods loving them......not sure if your aware or not but i beleave the L86A2 LSW should have the ability to use a 60 round magazine and also a 100 round drum magazine, also i beleave the GPMG uses a 50 round box mag, i may be wrong its been a good while since i served LOL.

Again Great mod guys

Take Care

Hey 3CB. Great work so far, me and my community have been really enjoying using your work.

My question is whether it's your aim to have ace3 and your weapons etc. to be fully compatible? I don't want to give you error reports about this if that's not your intent.