Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydudes

ARMA 3 Suggestions server for more experienced server ops.

First off, I wanted to thank everyone for making some amazing mods and scripts thus far.

Its a load of fun, really it is.

For me, however I am at my wits end at times of error. I have numerous errors within my mod selections, and the RPT files sometimes grows to 22+ pages long of missing things.

Server for the most part runs amazing. I currently run with (Arma 3, Epoch, All terrain, CBA, Mas vehicles, Mas Weapons, Blastcore, and Jsrs.) and a ton of custom scripts that work reality good.

I've been reducing or trying to reduce the number of errors. What my problem is, I want to be able to use the redis database, Run with the majority of mods, and scripts and at the end of the day close the game and startup with the same configuration I had yesterday on my vendors, vehicles, and players. Ive checked out wasteland, and it doesn't exactly suit my needs, or group of players I play with.

Its a private server, so BE isn't needed or filters for the most part.

Epoch has been showing up with so many errors its pages long, and rightfully so, with all the mods and or scripts that may not work with epoch as well as liked. Wasteland is a mission so it might work better. I don't know.

The group of players I am involved with, want a War AI type server, with the survival type. Its not pvp as much as PVE, with AI. They love to loot, and love to ride around in custom Mas Vehicles.

So what is a man suppose to do?

How would I best be doing this server, as I am not fully experienced with every other type of server confirmation out there. I want a database to store info. (why I thought epoch was best suited at the time)

When I check there is only Epoch, and Wasteland servers running for the majority. I tried wasteland and it seems a tad different for our liking.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Sneaks

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

I have posted in the various scripters, mods areas of these errors. Here is a list of my common problems. I feel as thought they effect my server, and function of the game.

Also noticed that Arma 3 program started to crash after I restarted it, Could be I need to refresh it more often.

As you see it grew to the size it became.

Hopefully someone can suggest an alternative solution. For now ill keep repairing those errors with various people. It is most likely what others are faced with too.

(I am not trying to gain support for those mods) just looking for alternative solutions.)

Thanks

Sneaks

Do not load JSRS or Blastcore (or any client side only mod) on your server.. .not sure if this is the cause of your headaches but it's a good place to start. If you run with signature verification you'll need to make sure the .bikey files for those mods are in your \Keys folder otherwise players will get booted when they join.

Had some more time to look... I have no experience with Epoch mod but I would load CBA first in the mod line

-mod=@CBA_A3;@Epoch;@EpochHive;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@mas

Bunch of these errors which usually prevent the mission from loading...

11:16:40 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
aia_buildings_config

11:16:48 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
aia_misc3_config

11:16:50 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
aia_misc_e_config

Lots of references to undefined vars and other errors with A3EAI - I'm not familiar with this perhaps it is part of Epoch?

11:17:12 File a3eai\compile\A3EAI_utilities\fn_selectRandom.sqf, line 22

Also if your server is generating a lot of RPT errors you can 'stick your head in the sand' (turn off server logging) - this will improve your server's performance but will not provide you with any debugging info. To do this add the -noLogs switch to your startup line.

Edited by SavageCDN

That line with A3eai is AI script, good one, but it think you guys are right and testing a ton of things now. Ill post my findings.

I just want it to be running the way it is suppose to be.