Jump to content
firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Rak1445 said:

I noticed AI never OPFOR uses missiles from FIR AWS, such as R60M and R73, they always go for guns á la WW2.

Issue observed on your Su-25 and Pinaz's MiG-29 (which inherits from FIR AWS system). It's a huge shame because OPFOR planes get little love comparatively, there's only a handful of airframes and this bug makes the little there is hard to use 😕

Is this known? I can provide more testing info if required 🙂

 

P.S. thank you so much for all the hard work you've been putting into Arma all these years ❤️

I think something went wrong in the config. I'll take a look into this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you SO MUCH, it's incredibly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's only a small concern, but would you consider changing the pilot's handguns to the black version of the P07? 

hgun_p07_blk_F

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BrendoB47 said:

It's only a small concern, but would you consider changing the pilot's handguns to the black version of the P07? 


hgun_p07_blk_F

 

It's a APEX asset, so probably not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the time AWS Weapons system start working with pylon list metod for GPS weapons - it can`t possible to use this on vanilla aircrafts or other mod aircrafts because pylons didn`t show in pylons list menu. Is it possible to somehow return to the old system without pylons for vanilla aircrafts and modded aircrafts aka -  old AMS -Lite ? Maybe make a system with pylons at will, return the old version with the ability, if desired, to still select the necessary pylons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, sammael said:

For the time AWS Weapons system start working with pylon list metod for GPS weapons - it can`t possible to use this on vanilla aircrafts or other mod aircrafts because pylons didn`t show in pylons list menu. Is it possible to somehow return to the old system without pylons for vanilla aircrafts and modded aircrafts aka -  old AMS -Lite ? Maybe make a system with pylons at will, return the old version with the ability, if desired, to still select the necessary pylons...

I think it's worked. (vanilla wipeout and cup A-10A)

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, firewill said:

I think it's worked. (vanilla wipeout and cup A-10A)

 

 

Yes it works. For some reason I thought it didn't work for vanilla. The problem is AWS  does not support RHS aircrafts.  

There is no option to select  AWS weapons in the RHS pylons settings- like when choosing a weapon for pylons in the EDEN editor for vanilla wipeout .  Is it possible to add suport for RHS air, like vanilla wipeout ? Right now only possible way to use GPS weapons - via scripts 

Spoiler

this setPylonLoadout [1, "FIR_KAB500SE_P_1rnd_M", true];this setPylonLoadout [2, "FIR_KAB500SE_P_1rnd_M", true];this setPylonLoadout [3, "FIR_KAB500SE_P_1rnd_M", true];this setPylonLoadout [4, "FIR_KAB500SE_P_1rnd_M", true];[THIS,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE] CALL FIR_FNC_AWS_ENABLEFUNCTION;

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sammael said:

Yes it works. For some reason I thought it didn't work for vanilla. The problem is AWS  does not support RHS aircrafts.  

There is no option to select  AWS weapons in the RHS pylons settings- like when choosing a weapon for pylons in the EDEN editor for vanilla wipeout .  Is it possible to add suport for RHS air, like vanilla wipeout ? Right now only possible way to use GPS weapons - via scripts 

  Hide contents

this setPylonLoadout [1, "FIR_KAB500SE_P_1rnd_M", true];this setPylonLoadout [2, "FIR_KAB500SE_P_1rnd_M", true];this setPylonLoadout [3, "FIR_KAB500SE_P_1rnd_M", true];this setPylonLoadout [4, "FIR_KAB500SE_P_1rnd_M", true];[THIS,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE] CALL FIR_FNC_AWS_ENABLEFUNCTION;

 

I'll take a look adding RHS pylon code to AWS config so make compatible.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2787661985 - mission 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2787666415 - mod

 

"They have 4 IRBM silos in total. We believe those IRBM targeted our bases. Your mission is find and destroy their IRBM silos before they launch. It might be difficult mission. Good luck." - AWACS Stargazer

- Singleplayer mission
- Destroy IRBM silos before they launch
- inspired by Ace combat 7, such as mission, music and ammo system.

- IMPORTANT : This mission is designed for April fools event. this mission and mod file only available until April 5.

 

Well, This is simple and ugly quality mission, but I hope you guys enjoy!

 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

To be announced

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we getting f15ex anytime soon?

 

Thanks for the awesome mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Capt Hamza said:

Are we getting f15ex anytime soon?

 

Thanks for the awesome mods

It's currently WIP, don't expect can be soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rok Stuhne said:

Hiiii

 

any chance you can maybe do a quick update to the weapons system on this ?

 

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1663110214

 

It says it has the AARGM but it really doesnt and its a horrible horrible dealbreaker! 

 

I know its not your addon, just making a long shot request (cant hurt if I ask) ....🙃

well don't expect I do it due to already busy enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, firewill said:

well don't expect I do it due to already busy enough.

 

Is it very difficult if i try to learn it myself?

 

(not addon making, just setting the config up to support a particular weapon - itgt is already integrated as JSOW works)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Firewill,

 

On your A-6E's, if you go into edit vehicle appearance on any of the skin versions, it automatically changes the skin to a "High Vis" VA-35 skin when you select the option to fold wings.  Unless I'm doing something wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

Hey Firewill,

 

On your A-6E's, if you go into edit vehicle appearance on any of the skin versions, it automatically changes the skin to a "High Vis" VA-35 skin when you select the option to fold wings.  Unless I'm doing something wrong.

A-6E isn't supported edit vehicle appearance, so I suggest don't use that feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it be possible to add ability to add draw a line on map and make the autopilot to be able to fly at 10s of meters and fly as we draw that line and do drop on a pre-set target on it`s own and if possible ,a radar system we can use,too.

 

Like an AWACS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, john111 said:

Could it be possible to add ability to add draw a line on map and make the autopilot to be able to fly at 10s of meters and fly as we draw that line and do drop on a pre-set target on it`s own and if possible ,a radar system we can use,too.

 

Like an AWACS.

If you talking about Autopilot, perhaps using Autopilot mod is solution.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=882245660&searchtext=autopilot

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1439605692&searchtext=autopilot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2022 at 9:54 PM, firewill said:

A-6E isn't supported edit vehicle appearance, so I suggest don't use that feature.

Is there a different way to place them with wings folded without getting the skin change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, islesfan186 said:

Is there a different way to place them with wings folded without getting the skin change?

maybe I can use fold wing attribute from F-14 and F/A-18s.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

F-14 skin upgrade project is almost done and ready to deploy. 

key features

- All skins from main mod are upgraded 4k textures. 

- new Ambient shadow map applied

- new landing gear model

- Mod structure changed and Lite version added

since skin upgraded, file size is much more bigger than before, so I've decided split main file and skin file. Now skin files are in separate pbo file named "FIR_F14_Skins.pbo", it's can make Lite version, with low resolution and file size.

 

Before update (current)

FIR_F14.pbo and sign

FIR_F14_cfg.pbo and sign

 

After update

FIR_F14.pbo and sign

FIR_F14_cfg.pbo and sign

FIR_F14_Skins.pbo and sign

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once upon a time I wrote about a too small I TGT window. Are there any plans to at least lengthen the line with pylons in order to accurately see the name of the bomb and understand on which pylon what is installed? Now only "FIR_ " is visible on the I TGT window...

Spoiler

or am I mistaken and there is only the name of the pylons and not the weapons

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sammael said:

Once upon a time I wrote about a too small I TGT window. Are there any plans to at least lengthen the line with pylons in order to accurately see the name of the bomb and understand on which pylon what is installed? Now only "FIR_ " is visible on the I TGT window...

  Hide contents

or am I mistaken and there is only the name of the pylons and not the weapons

 

press edit button when you selecting pylon and you can check weapon classname for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

updates and announcement

 

in long time, Google drive was doing well as one of important mod file distribution source. But now I've decided farewell to google drive and focus on Steam workshop.

I know as well some of people probably still download mods from google drive with several reasons, but I hope you understand I'm manage a many mods, and upload & maintain of these to google drive and steam workshop at the same time are really time-taking.

 

I'm sorry for your inconvenience.

 

and here's update list

 

FIR AWS

v3.593
Air Weapon System
- new pylon proxies for F-14 tomcat
- AMS function edited prevent possible error from F/A-181's AA Preset
- AA Missile value modified

 

A-10

1.87
Common
- New AMS Integrated*

*GAU-8 selection in loadout dialog is temporary disabled until find better way to add.

 

AV-8B

0.64
Common
- New AMS integrated

 

F-16

1.998
Common
- New AMS integrated
- New TGP display system with vanilla PiP function.

 

F-2

1.997
- New AMS integrated

 

F-14

2.0
Common
- New AMS integrated
- New Landing gear model
- New Ambient shadow map
- New textures
- Hardpoint system modified.
Tomcat skin upgrade project
- All A/B skins are now 4K(main mod only. except skin pack)
- prepare of Lite version(low file size, low quality textures)

 

F-15

1.71
F-15E,SE
- new Map display system integrated

 

F-22

0.68
- New AMS integrated

 

F-23A

0.28
- New AMS integrated

 

F-35B Armaverse

1.43
- New AMS integrated
 

F/A-18 hornet

0.24
- New AMS integrated

 

F/A-18E/F Super hornet

0.12
- New AMS integrated

 

EA-18G

0.44
- New AMS integrated

 

A-6E

0.12
- Fold wing attribute added
 

F/A-181E
0.5
- New AMS integrated

 

MQ-81

0.3
- New AMS integrated
 

Tornado

0.13
- New AMS integrated
 

Su-25SM3

0.17
- New AMS integrated

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×