firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

What a beauty! Great job! Looking forward for the Prowler 😉

Will there be a texture template for retextures and is a standalone version (without Unsung) in planning?

2 hours ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Damn NightIntruder, u're right. The Prowler is the Electronic Aerial Warfare version, the EF-18 Growler dad 😛 LOL sorry, I was a bit hyped ahahah 😂

Hey @firewill I see it's needed Unsung mod as requiement. So no standalone?

not a standalone, it's Unsung required.

• Sad 1

Hey Firewill, I was talking with some friends about Vietnam war CAS aircraft and was wondering if you plan to do some "Slow" flying jets like the A-37 Dragonfly? Cheers
BTW your aircraft mods rocks, can't wait for the Prowler.

22 hours ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Damn NightIntruder, u're right. The Prowler is the Electronic Aerial Warfare version, the EF-18 Growler dad 😛 LOL sorry, I was a bit hyped ahahah 😂

Np, mate! But... don't be less hyped! EA6B Prowler is also expected from Firewill's factory, AFAIK. This time it might be a standalone mod (I don't count FIR AWS obviously), tho.

5 hours ago, NightIntruder said:

Np, mate! But... don't be less hyped! EA6B Prowler is also expected from Firewill's factory, AFAIK. This time it might be a standalone mod (I don't count FIR AWS obviously), tho.

Oh that's a very good news to hear dear @NightIntruder. I always love the A-6 EA-6B family. Really hope to see them in my addons list 😁

However dear @firewill thanks for your work as usual, and did you considert to made a "Navy" pack that can include other Unsung assets (but without dependency)? I mean plane like E-2 Hawkeye, A7 Crusader, or the S3 Viking or C2 transport. It's not a request, I know it's "bad", it's just an info.

Thanks again for your work 🙂

13 hours ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Oh that's a very good news to hear dear @NightIntruder. I always love the A-6 EA-6B family. Really hope to see them in my addons list 😁

However dear @firewill thanks for your work as usual, and did you considert to made a "Navy" pack that can include other Unsung assets (but without dependency)? I mean plane like E-2 Hawkeye, A7 Crusader, or the S3 Viking or C2 transport. It's not a request, I know it's "bad", it's just an info.

Thanks again for your work 🙂

Well, I got a plan to make navy A-7E Corsair II, but with the Unsung of course.

E-2? yes but with the Unsung too.

I know some of, or maybe lot of peoples doesn't want to use aircraft mod with dependency(especially if that is got a big size), but as a modder's view, it's can save a lot of times and energy to make.

• Like 1

I personally wouldn't mind sharing the Unsung sources with @firewill, but the situation is complicated. All of the Unsung planes have been donated by modellers to the mod and then refined over the years by different modders. It's simply not possible to get permission from everyone involved to pass on models to a third party (in this case Firewill). So I'm afraid Unsung and/or Unsung Redux will have to stay as dependency for the time being.

Cheers,
TeTeT

• Like 2

F-4 with Firewills missile platforms and I'm done (yes I know Devas TAF has F-4 but that one is weird to fly,not that its bad)

On 10/29/2021 at 10:09 PM, firewill said:

E-2? yes but with the Unsung too.

Noooooooooo.  I’ve been waiting for someone to make a US E-2C or D (that is actually textured) for like….how old is Arma 3? That long.  Whomp whomp

Though I do get your point about it being easier on the mod maker

FIR AWS updated

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

v3.591
Air Weapon System
- ambient shadow map updated for AIM-7,AIM-54 and AGM-65.
- MK 1 Walleye 1 and MK 5 Walleye 2 added. (available for A-6E and F/A-18 legacy hornet)
- Walleye series renamed (AGM-62 removed and replace to Mk1,5,29 and 30) 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, panzergrenadier3 said:

Sorry for asking again. Is there a texture template available for the A-6E?

sorry, no template.

On 6/13/2021 at 8:59 AM, firewill said:

today some updates and meet the new release, C-130 Decal pack.

FIR AWS

v3.581
Air Weapon System
- CBU-105 is now working well as sensor fuzed weapon
- CBU-87 1 round bomb restored

Tornado

- Tornado ADV (ITA) now using correct textures.
- Textures for Tornado F3 (RAF) fixed (missing cannon texture)
- Renamed : Tornado ADV (RAF) -> Tornado F3 (RAF)
- Stormshadow missile is now using new I-TGT system.

C-130 Decal pack released
268EE1C9138C9D3C006CDE418D617A76757DDA12

C1130F3E9EEE7490AC68A999C14ED9D1C16CE275

26D034768F6DFDBA6E32072EB6F0D4CE4EDD8CC9

19E49AA0AF3DEED89930E8946DDA339262C39446

hello I would like to ask you for help in making decals for my mod C130J ( CUP)
I m making Tunisian Air Force C130, when I just retexture with text on it, it looked mirrored on one side and found your decal pack and I like it and I want to know how u did it so that I do like it or help me with it 

unknown.png

this is what I m trying to recreate 

Eevxl2IWsAA-RHF?format=jpg&name=large

ts-mtl-tunisian-air-force-lockheed-marti

and this when Tunisian Air Force sent one of its 2 C130 J to UN mission 
DyUbhrMXQAAicjh?format=jpg&name=large

So Tunisia has only 2 C130J(30) the 1st S/N is Z21121 with Code TS-MTK and 2nd is Z21122 with code TS-MTL both are under the 11th Squadron
I will be in debt to you if you helped me out 

The texture for the left and right side is the same, that is the reason why one side is mirrored. For text on both sides, there has to be a hidden selection texture, an additional texture field for the writings (wich probably should be a hidden selection) (I don't know if the CUP C-130 has those) or every side has to have it's own texture (not the case on the CUP C-130). I don't know if firewills C-130s have hidden selection textures or different textures for the sides.

6 hours ago, Mootaz25kh said:

hello I would like to ask you for help in making decals for my mod C130J ( CUP)
I m making Tunisian Air Force C130, when I just retexture with text on it, it looked mirrored on one side and found your decal pack and I like it and I want to know how u did it so that I do like it or help me with it 

this is what I m trying to recreate 

and this when Tunisian Air Force sent one of its 2 C130 J to UN mission 

So Tunisia has only 2 C130J(30) the 1st S/N is Z21121 with Code TS-MTK and 2nd is Z21122 with code TS-MTL both are under the 11th Squadron
I will be in debt to you if you helped me out 

I'll post decal template in this thread when is ready so you can use it.

1 hour ago, panzergrenadier3 said:

The texture for the left and right side is the same, that is the reason why one side is mirrored. For text on both sides, there has to be a hidden selection texture, an additional texture field for the writings (wich probably should be a hidden selection) (I don't know if the CUP C-130 has those) or every side has to have it's own texture (not the case on the CUP C-130). I don't know if firewills C-130s have hidden selection textures or different textures for the sides.

my C-130 is basically "decal", some magic with attachto command. original c-130 without any text + decal model with text.

• Thanks 1

this is my result, thank you very much 

Z21121
ArmA_3_Screenshot_2021.11.30_-_00.11.30.

Z21121 under UN Mission

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2021.11.30_-_00.14.17.

Z21122

ArmA_3_Screenshot_2021.11.30_-_00.15.18.

• Like 1

Question. On the mission start, how can I limit armament in the AWS:

a) to setup limited types of weapons only to select from (f.e. only Mk82 and AIM-9C);

b) to list only predefined custom presets (and no actual selection for the pylons);

c) to limit certain type of weapons to certain pylons (with or without custom presets)?

10 hours ago, unhappytroll said:

Question. On the mission start, how can I limit armament in the AWS:

a) to setup limited types of weapons only to select from (f.e. only Mk82 and AIM-9C);

b) to list only predefined custom presets (and no actual selection for the pylons);

c) to limit certain type of weapons to certain pylons (with or without custom presets)?

you can use "AWS_AMS_Blacklist" parameter for limit some weapons when you using AMS, but there's no other way to limitation.

AWS_AMS_Blacklist = ["some mag code","some mag code2"];

and magazine list is here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZjECtR0yy-6cUN7KEoVTIV-sMwIpq5OBwS6Fqox_E0g/edit?usp=sharing

I'm currently making new AMS include some "manage munitions", I guess that is gonna be one of what you want.