firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

hey firewill, i apeciate your work on those planes and systems (harrier is awesome), aaand i have a question: do you think you will add the Phatom to the collection?!
it is very hard to find it standalone or in a small vehicle mod...
thanks again for the mods, and great job you done!

1 hour ago, -Lucas said:

hey firewill, i apeciate your work on those planes and systems (harrier is awesome), aaand i have a question: do you think you will add the Phatom to the collection?!
it is very hard to find it standalone or in a small vehicle mod...
thanks again for the mods, and great job you done!

F-4 is always in the wishlist.

problem is, always in the wishlist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Upcoming update announce

- Mk83, Mk84 AIR(Air Inflatable Retarder)

If you don't satisfied of firepower of the Mk82 AIR enough, here is answer for you!

Mk83 AIR

A9E7FF0E15C5DC208EFF85362F0AB8F47CD06965

BC23DFF5C9AEA137C7FA467588DFB8C5E6097C9D

Mk84 AIR

A29EFB59B08166BF14050CD56708A6B39A49B612

D7131BFB673D6194F8388195C7E3C9D9BF8A93BD

- Intrepid Tiger II pod will be available to use to F/A-18C/D

Legacy hornet players will get this cool ECM pod what AV-8B use already.

5E5D18C00444462BE60FFD3A05EB0CE321DC923F

- dispersion value added to full-auto mode of unguided rocket launcher(hydra,zuni,etc)

Release...the hounds.. i mean rockets.

AWS will be updated in Tuesday.

And, currently working on but not release soon

- Currently making some system for ground-air data transfer. Basic concept is JTAC or ground unit can send the massage with target info, coordinates or even 9-line data to the aircraft via tablet interface. Player in aircraft can convert these data to TGT directly.

• Like 6

AWS updated

v3.57
Air Weapon System
- Mk83, Mk84 AIR(Air Inflatable Retarder) added
- Intrepid Tiger II pod now available to use to F/A-18C/D
- dispersion value added to full-auto mode of unguided rocket launcher(hydra,zuni,etc)

• Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 11:00 AM, firewill said:

And, currently working on but not release soon

- Currently making some system for ground-air data transfer. Basic concept is JTAC or ground unit can send the massage with target info, coordinates or even 9-line data to the aircraft via tablet interface. Player in aircraft can convert these data to TGT directly.

Please take a look at this topic 

standalone-jtac-script

Spoiler

c7b6939b8485.jpg

19 minutes ago, sammael said:

Please take a look at this topic 

standalone-jtac-script

Hide contents

that's a good system. but my work is designed for player to player data-link. for SP, well looks like we've got a solution already. 

but some bombs using own script for moving and targeting so probably making error or unexpected behavior when applying to other script/system.

Sadly I can`t no longer use I-TGT gps system on other jets, because of new gps-pylons system. For example before update I put in init code and drop bombs. Now for example on RHS F22 I can`t - because there is no pylon list. 

Is there a chance how to fix this via  script or return the old system - for other jets?

Spoiler

[THIS,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE] CALL FIR_FNC_AWS_ENABLEFUNCTION;

this AddMagazine "FIR_GBU31_P_1rnd_M";this addWeapon "FIR_GBU31";

32 minutes ago, sammael said:

Sadly I can`t no longer use I-TGT gps system on other jets, because of new gps-pylons system. For example before update I put in init code and drop bombs. Now for example on RHS F22 I can`t - because there is no pylon list. 

Is there a chance how to fix this via  script or return the old system - for other jets?

Hide contents

[THIS,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE] CALL FIR_FNC_AWS_ENABLEFUNCTION;

this AddMagazine "FIR_GBU31_P_1rnd_M";this addWeapon "FIR_GBU31";

Did you try setPylonLoadout?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setPylonLoadout

3 hours ago, sammael said:

Didn`t now about this. I need to test this in game.  Hope this will work

I'm testing it right now - it's working on my system. You can retrieve the name of the pylon by hovering the mouse over them in the pylon loadout editor.

• Like 1

Hello, 

Is there any chance of a mod lite version of the aircraft, ones without all the different squadron skins, rather just a the blank skin. I love the mods and would love to add them all into our units mod pack, however I cannot with how big some of the files are of some of the aircraft.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:56 AM, marki980908 said:

Is there a place which said the future plans you have for the mod (road map basically)?

SITREP(current works, and future) updated every month in patreon.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:15 AM, iliyan61 said:

theres this mod that makes the optic for the A-10 a lot better but sadly they wont respond to requests for them to add it to your other jets. Would you consider adding it in natively?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1193383920&searchtext=A-1o+optics

no, sadly.

1 hour ago, panzer182 said:

Hello, 

Is there any chance of a mod lite version of the aircraft, ones without all the different squadron skins, rather just a the blank skin. I love the mods and would love to add them all into our units mod pack, however I cannot with how big some of the files are of some of the aircraft.

LITE version with only one skin is possible conflict with original ones. (and double work!) make low textures version is one of option for that but not now.

• Like 1

Well, It's been a while. I have some news for future(or soon) updates today.

1. Map display system rework with UVAnimation

F-16,F/A-18 legacy hornet, A-10C and AV-8B will have reworked Map display system with UVAnimation. new system have map rotate, zoom in/out and 3 map texture types: standard, satellite and mixed(std+sat) 

other aircraft will be updated in future.

1.jpg?token-time=1622160000&token-hash=N

2. FLEET DEFENDER phase 0

Finally, Fleet defender is now ready to release. this mod is part of FIR AWS, so will be update with FIR AWS update.

Fleet Defender phase 0 features

- new configurable VLS

- SM-2 block IIIC and IV missiles.

- dummy aegis radar model for searching the enemy and tracking. this radar have 32km detection range. and show up in editor but hide in game. 

1.jpg?token-time=1622160000&token-hash=t

1.jpg?token-time=1622160000&token-hash=S

3. Project Tornado - New Interpretation Phase 1

Panavia Tornado is ready to fly into skies with new features.

I would like to thank Pinaz, starter of the Tornado AWS project.

Phase 1
- some upgrades(AirplaneX, fixes) for Tornado AWS
- new weapons, such as Iconic MW-1 munitions dispenser
- basic RVMATs applied on body
- using original textures

Phase 2
- new texture layouts
- visual upgrade

Phase 3
- new cockpit model

Current phase is 1.

1.jpg?token-time=1622160000&token-hash=8

1.jpg?token-time=1622160000&token-hash=3

1.jpg?token-time=1622160000&token-hash=4

4. FIR AWS - new weapons

for Project Tornado and Fleet Defender, FIR AWS will have new weapons

- MW-1(Mehrzweckwaffe 1) Munitions Dispenser. right now, KB-44(Kleinbombe 44) bomblet only.

- Brimstone AGM (dual mode version included)

- Skyflash AAM

- SM-2 Block IIIC and IV

1.jpg?token-time=1622160000&token-hash=w

3CB746D446EF5C4460EC9FD48932D24EC028C5F9

69590DD6998EFAEED33AEC46D745CDDE53799439

BF3D55D4AB3D6B48816C7322A3F97F73DF41C573

1.jpg?token-time=1622160000&token-hash=J

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

the Panavia Tornado Looks very good 👌👍♥️, will the Taurus KEPD-350 "Cruise missile" be inserted with the Tornado?

1 hour ago, TheForst4 said:

the Panavia Tornado Looks very good 👌👍♥️, will the Taurus KEPD-350 "Cruise missile" be inserted with the Tornado?

not in first version but will be in future.

• Like 2

Hi firewill, loving what you have made for the community!

Just today, I tried setting up a basic training mission in the editor to test out the ATMS.  However, when I tried adding a plane to a team, I got an error shown in the image linked:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X8h8ebPhaN7aakofK1yJ9QxZvL-COCYJ/view?usp=sharing

Appears whether or not the plane has a pilot in it, not exactly sure why it's happening.

Also as a side thing, is there a way to make the planes less maneuverable?  These things are OP! (not saying that's a bad thing for me ha).  I did a test with Smokewinders and found that while the turning circle size may be comparable to vanilla planes, the F-16 and F-15 (the only ones I tested so far) lose almost no energy on the turn, resulting in almost none of the resulting effects, such as sacrificing speed/energy for a tighter circle.  This is in contrast to vanilla planes like the Black Wasp which will lose airspeed, stall out, and crash under extended periods of G-loading.

43 minutes ago, BrendoB47 said:

Hi firewill, loving what you have made for the community!

Just today, I tried setting up a basic training mission in the editor to test out the ATMS.  However, when I tried adding a plane to a team, I got an error shown in the image linked:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X8h8ebPhaN7aakofK1yJ9QxZvL-COCYJ/view?usp=sharing

Appears whether or not the plane has a pilot in it, not exactly sure why it's happening.

Also as a side thing, is there a way to make the planes less maneuverable?  These things are OP! (not saying that's a bad thing for me ha).  I did a test with Smokewinders and found that while the turning circle size may be comparable to vanilla planes, the F-16 and F-15 (the only ones I tested so far) lose almost no energy on the turn, resulting in almost none of the resulting effects, such as sacrificing speed/energy for a tighter circle.  This is in contrast to vanilla planes like the Black Wasp which will lose airspeed, stall out, and crash under extended periods of G-loading.

maybe take a look what's problem.
and No, There will be no adjustment to mobility. It's a long-standing decision and this decision will be maintained until I quit.

13 hours ago, firewill said:

maybe take a look what's problem.
and No, There will be no adjustment to mobility. It's a long-standing decision and this decision will be maintained until I quit.

Thanks for the explanation for the second part, consistency is good.

Also, if it helps with the training computer error, I was following the procedure in your youtube video.

Edit: The script error only occurs in SP
Edit 2: Sometimes works in MP, sometimes does not.

Just a few more questions/comments I have (sorry if it seems like too much you do so many great things):

Do you have a F-15EX in the works?  Now that there are some flying in real life, there can already be skins for it.  Maybe even a demo flight skin (see below)?  Did I mention: they have TURKEY FEATHERS!  Finally!  I am not sure if images of the cockpit have been publicly released, but the cockpit for the F-15SE should be fine (I use the F-15SE as a placeholder for the EX, but the 15° tilted vertical stabilizers give it away though).  F-15EX has EPAWSS electronic warfare suite so integrated ECM.  USAF also only intends to put in one pilot for now, so only one out of the two seats would be filled.

f15ex-livery.jpg
Balls 1, looks like paint scheme is similar to F-15C which it is supposed to replace, though from this image, it looks a little darker than the skinpacks you made

f15ex-viking.jpg
Viking takeoff on demo flight before paint job, see the turkey feathers on the GE engine.  I may be a P&W fanboy but damn those look good.

Edit: I found a cockpit image.  The image name says it's the Advanced F-15 but the article I got it from says Boeng released it as a F-15EX cockpit
Advanced-F15-Cockpit-816x1024-min.jpg

A quick observation about the AMS services too: when you refuel from AMS, your fuel tank goes to full, even without drop tanks on the plane.  Maybe it could check drop tank-compatible pylons and if any are not mounted, finish the fuelling early? Ignore that tested again and realized that was when refueling with USAF mod tanker

On 5/19/2021 at 1:39 PM, BrendoB47 said:

Thanks for the explanation for the second part, consistency is good.

Also, if it helps with the training computer error, I was following the procedure in your youtube video.

Edit: The script error only occurs in SP
Edit 2: Sometimes works in MP, sometimes does not.

in my test, both of case are works well without error message.

and yes, F-15EX is in the list.

• Like 3