firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

On 10/23/2020 at 7:05 AM, jeroenV1982 said:

Dear Firewill,

im trying to find a manual for the different I_TGT modes like CC. Do you have it?

i do know how GPS and DUAL work.

CG(command guidance) mode video

CG-Terminal mode video

also CG/CG-T mode only available for AGM-84E SLAM, AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER with AN/AWW-13 ADLP pod

• Like 4

@firewill are there currently any plans to make SEAD a task better suited to planes specifically designed for it/enforce any limitations on the existing quite easy implementation of it? This version of the F-16 for example was fitted with specialty equipment in place of the LANTIRN pod to enable proper SEAD operations with AGM-88s. I figure something like this would improve viability of the forthcoming Prowler you've mentioned in your Patreon posts.

14 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

@firewill are there currently any plans to make SEAD a task better suited to planes specifically designed for it/enforce any limitations on the existing quite easy implementation of it? This version of the F-16 for example was fitted with specialty equipment in place of the LANTIRN pod to enable proper SEAD operations with AGM-88s. I figure something like this would improve viability of the forthcoming Prowler you've mentioned in your Patreon posts.

F-4G_480th_TFS_with_F-16C_52nd_TFW_in_fl

1280px-52TFW_F-4G_F16C.jpg

HARM can be use since block 30, and some Spangdahelm Falcons(Block 30 in that time) equipped AGM-88 HARM and pair with F-4G wild weasel in late of 1980s.

USAF F-16CJ Block 50/52 was only variant of can equip HTS(Harm Targeting System) pod, but now days it's also available for F-16CG Block 40/42, and renamed to F-16CM for 4x/5x. 

conclusion is, there's no kind of limitation about "this falcon can use HARM?", but can be "this falcon can equip HTS?". 

• Like 1

@firewill Should have clarified; wasn't trying to say "these planes can only mount these missiles in a very specific configuration"; I'm aware they can do that. Was more asking if you would consider setting them up to require the HTS in place of a targeting pod for SEAD operations similar to the way you need the ADLP to use camera guided cruise missiles.

26 minutes ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

@firewill Should have clarified; wasn't trying to say "these planes can only mount these missiles in a very specific configuration"; I'm aware they can do that. Was more asking if you would consider setting them up to require the HTS in place of a targeting pod for SEAD operations similar to the way you need the ADLP to use camera guided cruise missiles.

well, i guess I did misunderstand. in that case, still I'm thinking how to make HTS pod in current AWS inventory become usable since sensor update. probably take more years i think.

Really liking the new I-TGT system in the works; those gifs are very enlightening. Will there be any way of distinguishing which weapon stations actually release first? For example, if I load an F-16 up with 4 GPS guided bombs and want to drop them on seperate targets but they're not on sequential pylons (say, 4, 5, 7, 8), will they just release from lowest to highest numbered station? Or will there be a way to control which station drops first?

9 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

Really liking the new I-TGT system in the works; those gifs are very enlightening. Will there be any way of distinguishing which weapon stations actually release first? For example, if I load an F-16 up with 4 GPS guided bombs and want to drop them on seperate targets but they're not on sequential pylons (say, 4, 5, 7, 8), will they just release from lowest to highest numbered station? Or will there be a way to control which station drops first?

currently designing some system for "pylon edit" feature. adjusting pylon priority and mode select(like GPS, Dual) is will inside there.

new I-TGT 2.0 live-fire test

What is I-TGT 2.0?

a new I-TGT system so-called I-TGT 2.0, based on current I-TGT but many things changed and improved.

1. Changed, but familiar interface

For 5 years, the current I-TGT interface has been used by many people, including myself. New I-TGT Interface will use a familiar configuration, but it includes all new and improved features.

2. Multiple weapons for multiple targets

You can forget that I-TGT was turned off and on to designate the target to the bomb! With the new I-TGT, targets are now assigned to each pylon equipped with GPS-guided weapons, enabling them to strike different targets simultaneously.

(I tried to assign it to each bomb, but it got so complicated that I skipped it.)

3. More target locations

new system can save many, many numbers of the target location, the previous system got only 5!

4. Multi-language support

with stringtable.xml, can support multiple languages.

and new leaflet bomb function : civilian evac

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/25/2020 at 4:02 AM, firewill said:

CG(command guidance) mode video

CG-Terminal mode video

also CG/CG-T mode only available for AGM-84E SLAM, AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER with AN/AWW-13 ADLP pod

Cool thanks! So what does "Thermal" do since I'm guiding the bomb like a TV Missile? Does it change screen to thermal mode? 

25 minutes ago, jeroenV1982 said:

Cool thanks! So what does "Thermal" do since I'm guiding the bomb like a TV Missile? Does it change screen to thermal mode? 

Terminal or Thermal?

Terminal : will turn on Command guidance mode when missile closing in specific range from target.

Thermal : press N key when using Command guidance mode.

I-TGT 2.0 dual-mode test

in the new system, you can designate bombing mode to each pylon. So some bombs will use GPS mode and some bombs will use Dual-mode etc.

in this video, EGBU-12 using GPS-only mode, but GBU-54 using dual-mode so following laser target when entering terminal guidance.

• Like 7

got a bunch of updates today include new I-TGT 2.0.

unfortunately new I-TGT 2.0 tutorial is slow in progress due to having some health problems in this month. so new I-TGT tutorial is will be update in next month.

FIR AWS

v3.55
Air Weapon System
- I-TGT 2.0 version 1 updated
- Leaflet bomb function fixed. now generate leaflets player can read, also disappear leaflet particle as well.
- Leaflet bomb now can make civilians gotta run from leaflet spreading area. if don't want to make run, put AWS_EVAC_Disable = true; in any field or init.sqf.
- cmimmunity for AIM-7E/F/M, AIM-9P/H adjusted.
- Combined dual mode for GBU-53 SDB II. in dual mode, If laser target and vehicle on target location at the same time, SDB II will heading to laser target first. if laser doesn't exist, will heading to vehicle.

A-10

A-10C
- Pave Penny pod can be hide via attribute.

741B12EC7FDD2CE7DCDEA9F9C3D2EE9B807FD8BC

5E68D47D037C5774BBC785F22FE33D827C570DB0

EA-18G

- new standard skin : VAQ-142.
- new skin : USAF 390th Electronic Combat Squadron
- new fueltank & jettison system applied. fueltank is now actual magazine just like other aircrafts.

93ADA238EF3AE75818DB9E3863DC03041E46C7E5

F-14

- wing sweep speed adjusted

F-15

F-15E
- new skin : 87-198 "Bumblebee", 389th Fighter Squadron(MO)
F-15 Legacy
- F-15B Civlian version added(no weapons)

54D48F7E222262EB8945C166D9A5593F7F89DCD7

BF7B3A4092662334D9AF03674D1E155F362338AD

F-16

- loadouts redefined : weapons in CAS,CAS 2 loadout changed
- Holloman skins added
- Korean war special skin added

4E195193B8675B2346A176E0499EA037F2451DFF

DC771F6DD967CE0DEF5AE48EAE7A2365565EC5D7

F-23A

- EOTS integrated, targeting pod no longer required for using I-TGT (bottom of nose)
- EWP integrated

02228E6EEACA40BC940DD4A59D4DE14DE7D27F06

92B9BFAB87B81D0594C90A9F26C95ADB28C04B60

F/A-18 Legacy hornet

- new skins : MALS-11, MALS-31 special

F/A-18E/F Super hornet(from Project Rhino)

- renamed to F/A-18E/F Super Hornet
- F/A-18E Added
- new fueltank & jettison system applied. fueltank is now actual magazine just like other aircrafts.

0D66889C3B1DFADE10BA91E839FB31B58896975F

AC7 skin pack

- fueltank skin removed for F/A-18F

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Is there a script way to add all mod rocket and bombs to vanilla CAS module? There would be a great CAS mod- for example, the player calls the CAS via I-TGT tablet  and missiles and bombs spawn from virtual planes

On 1/1/2021 at 7:56 PM, sammael said:

Is there a script way to add all mod rocket and bombs to vanilla CAS module? There would be a great CAS mod- for example, the player calls the CAS via I-TGT tablet  and missiles and bombs spawn from virtual planes

not in the AWS at least, but probably somewhere else.

12 hours ago, Capt hamzanawaz said:

Hii there

Thanks for all the  cool mods

Can we expect F35A this year ?? 

sadly no.

I-TGT 2.0 Video Tutorial

English description & subtitles provided. can be add other languages.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Do you have an equation of dropping bombs, for example

with a jdam you need 15k feet to reach a target at 5 km. while traveling at 600 km/h or something like that

• Like 1

Hey Firewill! Great change to the I-TGT!

One question please cause I think I'm missing something..

I want to drop JDAM-31

DSG a location, goes to LIST, select both and I have a message that the location is saved. While dropping it, it says NO GPS LOCK (or something like that..)

Now I went to the EDIT and apply GPS and still same message. What am I doing wrong?