firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

At first glance I thought you were doing a C-130 pack with a Spectre or Combat Talon.  I do love your skin packs though

A-10 updated

A-10C/U
- A-10C,A-10U invisible collision fixed(https://github.com/firewill0/FIR_AWS_SystemDevelopment/issues/16)

Over the Fulda gap
- texture upgraded

• Like 4

@firewill would you consider at any point adding just a standard AGM-84 Harpoon without I-TGT functionality for use as a pure anti-shipping missile rather than the cruise missile hybrid role it serves now?

18 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

@firewill would you consider at any point adding just a standard AGM-84 Harpoon without I-TGT functionality for use as a pure anti-shipping missile rather than the cruise missile hybrid role it serves now?

1E15F6769A8BCF7D189B52E63E1D6CC89204065A

i was made AGM-84D harpoon for anti-ship(you can find test video). however it's halted due to several problems. could be make no-script version but less-functional.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2020 at 1:00 PM, woulffman said:

Thanks for the response.  Here is more detail.

Updated video of towing point and improvised runway issues

Video of towing point and improvised runway issues. (ignore this one)

The first part of the video shows the tow point below ground for Lesh's Towing Mod.  I have seen the same issue with a towing mod in the unit I'm with but I don't know the name of that mod.

The rest of the video also shows improvised runway issues.  One from a dirt runway on Altis (though I have had the issue on many maps with all sorts of runways) and another from a runway composition I created.

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks again!

Looks like the tow point was moved again.  Lesh's Towing Mod can no longer tow the A-10C.  Other aircraft seem ok (F-22, F-35B).  Can you correct the tow point again?

Thanks

7 hours ago, woulffman said:

Looks like the tow point was moved again.  Lesh's Towing Mod can no longer tow the A-10C.  Other aircraft seem ok (F-22, F-35B).  Can you correct the tow point again?

Thanks

again? why is that always happen to me?

• Haha 1

I don't know if you take suggestions, or you find them annoying, but still. Have you ever considered making a version of Yak-141? It was a soviet VTOL Jet fighter. The reason for my suggestion is that we have a lack of OPFOR (russian or csat or whatever) VTOL aircraft in Arma 3 modding in general. Workshop has dozens on F-35 and Harrier mods, but that is about it.
There are a few blueprints online of this aircraft and a few "modern" reimaginings of it. I am just thinking of a usage for people who want to do carrier ops, but don't want to play for BLUFOR faction. Maybe even make it USS freedom catapult capatable.
Modernised version:

Spoiler

yakovlev_yak_141_freestyle-86078.jpg

Real Life version:

Spoiler

c7df3f5eb90c52c887a65c58690689dc.jpgaad0485535302067c8de074339e483c8.jpgvitaly-krinitskiy-2017-06-27-side-view.j

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 8:03 PM, marki980908 said:

I don't know if you take suggestions, or you find them annoying, but still. Have you ever considered making a version of Yak-141? It was a soviet VTOL Jet fighter. The reason for my suggestion is that we have a lack of OPFOR (russian or csat or whatever) VTOL aircraft in Arma 3 modding in general. Workshop has dozens on F-35 and Harrier mods, but that is about it.
There are a few blueprints online of this aircraft and a few "modern" reimaginings of it. I am just thinking of a usage for people who want to do carrier ops, but don't want to play for BLUFOR faction. Maybe even make it USS freedom catapult capatable.
Modernised version:

Reveal hidden contents

yakovlev_yak_141_freestyle-86078.jpg

Real Life version:

Reveal hidden contents

c7df3f5eb90c52c887a65c58690689dc.jpgaad0485535302067c8de074339e483c8.jpgvitaly-krinitskiy-2017-06-27-side-view.j

unfortunately, I don't have to interest in it so maybe won't.

• Like 1

A-10 updated

1.83a
A-10C/U
- some values fixed for Lesh tow mod support..again.

and here's some work for next AWS updates

ASM-1 added, ASM-2 texture reworked

87E86BC54B270C79A58E5DC5E8E606D8AFE54C7A

66B517DE519B338CA49B965A28ACB6462D66D696

AGM-84D Harpoon(texture updated)

5ED8A32AB8E95D7ADAD9010903BD645C7DE5DE9E

LGTR texture reworked & size adjusted, Scalpel LCDPB(Low-Collateral Damage Precision Bomb, Based on LGTR)

068871EE0E8388ED8468B0E3165A353B47335E23

B9035027595B1C1E1EF179ED1242E6D8DEC2E0D3

C8EC6E8FD6274BDCE9D8995AC82D82D6127ADBE1

• Like 10

FIR AWS updated

v3.53
Air Weapon System
- ASM-1 added
- Scalpel LCDPB(Low-collateral damage precision bomb) added
- AGM-84D Harpoon added(non-script version. only direct/low-altitude cruise mode supported)
- ASM-2, LGTR, Mk76 practice bomb texture reworked
- ASM-2 fixed for unnecessary scripts removed

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

@firewill as a feature update, would it be possible at any point to add a radar screen to the MFDs, similar to how we have MAP and TGP modes? Even if its just a mirror of the existing radar screen and not a sim-style recreation of a real life radar screen, anything that reduces reliance on base Arma's HUD and adds immersion is a good thing.

Edit: just to clarify, I'm not suggesting anything like hard disabling the existing radar system, just an addition of it to the MFD panels we've already got. From what I can see on this Biki page, it should be doable (although I have no idea the amount of work involved).

Edited by sgtfuzzle17
clarification
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

@firewill as a feature update, would it be possible at any point to add a radar screen to the MFDs, similar to how we have MAP and TGP modes? Even if its just a mirror of the existing radar screen and not a sim-style recreation of a real life radar screen, anything that reduces reliance on base Arma's HUD and adds immersion is a good thing.

Edit: just to clarify, I'm not suggesting anything like hard disabling the existing radar system, just an addition of it to the MFD panels we've already got. From what I can see on this Biki page, it should be doable (although I have no idea the amount of work involved).

Probably in the future.

• Like 2

f-15 updated

F-15SE
- sensor range for WSO now increased(8-16-30-2-4 km)

• Like 3

Hello Firewill,

So, if I read well, you packed all the F-15 variants in just one F-15 mod, is that right or I just dream it? 😂

3 hours ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Hello Firewill,

So, if I read well, you packed all the F-15 variants in just one F-15 mod, is that right or I just dream it? 😂

maybe both.

• Haha 2

Uhm... In the Armaholic site, in the changelog I see this:

Changelog: (29-09-2020)
F-15SE
- sensor range for WSO now increased(8-16-30-2-4 km)

- F-15SE, F-15 Legacy are now part of F-15 main mod.(old F-15SE,Legacy files in Steam Workshop and links will be removed)
- hitpoints added
- ECM capability data added

So I miss somethingh or what? Thank you for your brilliant works however 🙂

Hey firewill, 

First of love your work, however i am having a little issue. 

With all your aircraft the moment I try to load a customloadout it says everything is loaded however the loadout on the plane doesn't change. Also i am not able to select any of the missiles on any of the planes with the next weapon button. Am I doing something wrong or?? 

Hope you might know a solution cause I love using your work.

24 minutes ago, Spyex1 said:

Hey firewill, 

First of love your work, however i am having a little issue. 

With all your aircraft the moment I try to load a customloadout it says everything is loaded however the loadout on the plane doesn't change. Also i am not able to select any of the missiles on any of the planes with the next weapon button. Am I doing something wrong or?? 

Hope you might know a solution cause I love using your work.

hard to judge you're doing something wrong or other thing due to lack of detail.

AWS updated

v3.54
Air Weapon System
- Air-to-air missiles rebalancing: make ATA missiles be more like vanilla missiles. probably you get feeling nerfed than before. (ex: AIM-
9X/R-73 are now similar with vanilla BIM-9X.)

Note : this update contains re-balance of air to air missile.(probably nerf i guess.) If you have feeling "what the hell AIM-9X from FIR AWS is no longer acting like QAAM in Ace Combat 04!", that's NORMAL.

• Like 2

I think this is a good decision for balancing. Firing an AWS A2A-missile did almost mean an instant kill. Defending the missiles was also near impossible... 😄

Just to clarify, are they just easier to evade, or are they doing less damage now as well? Damage-wise they felt fine before, but better evasion and needing to get better locks and positions is a good thing. 

On a related note, have you considered tightening how on-bore the missiles need to be to pull a lock? More of the time they just vaguely have to be "in-front of the plane", whereas realistically you'd need to have the nose almost pointed at them.

1 hour ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

Just to clarify, are they just easier to evade, or are they doing less damage now as well? Damage-wise they felt fine before, but better evasion and needing to get better locks and positions is a good thing. 

On a related note, have you considered tightening how on-bore the missiles need to be to pull a lock? More of the time they just vaguely have to be "in-front of the plane", whereas realistically you'd need to have the nose almost pointed at them.

using similar, or same values from vanilla missile more precisely.

Dear Firewill,

im trying to find a manual for the different I_TGT modes like CC. Do you have it?

i do know how GPS and DUAL work.