firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

On 11/18/2019 at 4:56 AM, firewill said:

at least old version is confirmed dead. (question: why old version is bold?)

what do you mean by "is bold"?

9 hours ago, cancan69 said:

what do you mean by "is bold"?

Nothing.

• Haha 5

I've been trying to train one of my buddies who's been interested in learning to fly, we've been using the two-seater F-15E Strike Eagle so he can sit in the WSO seat and learn the systems without having to be responsible for the flying. The only issue we've run into is that the I-TGT markers don't share between us, so I just have to take his word that he's marked the correct target or selected the right slot. I'm assuming this is because the I-TGT markers are client-side and can't be shared at all? Is it at all possible to have them be linked to an aircraft instead of a player or is that just not possible to code?

Appreciate all the hard work!

2 hours ago, SonicJohnBH said:

I've been trying to train one of my buddies who's been interested in learning to fly, we've been using the two-seater F-15E Strike Eagle so he can sit in the WSO seat and learn the systems without having to be responsible for the flying. The only issue we've run into is that the I-TGT markers don't share between us, so I just have to take his word that he's marked the correct target or selected the right slot. I'm assuming this is because the I-TGT markers are client-side and can't be shared at all? Is it at all possible to have them be linked to an aircraft instead of a player or is that just not possible to code?

Appreciate all the hard work!

It's a local marker via createmarkerlocal command, so only can see marker who created for now. i was think about use the global marker, but it might be messed up the map screen with lot of TGT marker everywhere.

4 hours ago, firewill said:

It's a local marker via createmarkerlocal command, so only can see marker who created for now. i was think about use the global marker, but it might be messed up the map screen with lot of TGT marker everywhere.

You might still create two local markers for each pilot in the airplane so they can see each others markers. With different color codings and naming convention (i.e. xx_airplanemodel_groupname where xx is unique marker number), new functionality on mfd to disable other pilots markers or enable them (so turn on/off visibility can be done via alpha setting of marker without really deleting anything). THis can be extended to share markers between airplanes on the same side as well

Hey, I've been using your planes for two years now and congrats on the new releases! I make custom skins to fit my squadron, and we just transitioned to your new hornet. I've just managed to get the configs to work as far as getting the plane and the skin in the editor, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get my skin in ADES. It seems to be a different way than the way you did it on the 16 and 10. Any help would be much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, EfytheAce said:

Hey, I've been using your planes for two years now and congrats on the new releases! I make custom skins to fit my squadron, and we just transitioned to your new hornet. I've just managed to get the configs to work as far as getting the plane and the skin in the editor, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get my skin in ADES. It seems to be a different way than the way you did it on the 16 and 10. Any help would be much appreciated. 

basically my all aircraft has same rules for ADES support.

about F/A-18C, need to define 3 settings below. and also FIR_F18C class is should be parent class of your custom hornet of course.

FIR_FA18C_custom_skin = 1;
		FIR_FA18C_custom_code =  "your_custom_hornet_classname";
		FIR_FA18C_custom_name = "name for ADES display";

13 minutes ago, unscramble said:

Hey,I can not change planes loadout.A-10&F-18 bombs are unchangeable but it works with F-16

..and i can change honestly in pylon setting, ams and other. just i can't change because it's can't anyway!  is doesn't help for finding what's the problem, you know.

1 hour ago, firewill said:

..and i can change honestly in pylon setting, ams and other. just i can't change because it's can't anyway!  is doesn't help for finding what's the problem, you know.

I think it was Arma3's bug because it fixed now

it's early WIP. so don't expect to come out soon.

AGM-84D Harpoon anti-ship missile: currently direct fire mode and sea-skimming mode supported.

you can select each fire mode just like change the weapon mode for your rifle. the pop-up mode will be made later.

Intercept: there are no scripts for CIWS, just CIWS can lock-on to the anti-ship missile(with some tricky) and try to intercept by AI automatically.

first scene: F/A-18F fire AGM-84D to enemy radar(for the test purpose) and 2 CIWS try to intercept the missile, but failed and radar destroyed.

second scene: same sequence, but one CIWS controlled by the player and successfully intercept.

• Like 8

I gotta say these updates for Fleet Defender look really exciting! I wish there was a way to integrate it with the wonderful Arleigh Burke ships from the HAFM mod, but I imagine the amount of work that'd take would be too much, and that you'd need the cooperation of it's own creator to implement a system to load different missile types.

Still, as an upgrade to the vanilla ship-weapons these looks FANTASTIC and long overdue. The CIWS system sounds clever, and a lot less complicated/heavy than the ones i've seen before. Would the AI be accurate enough to be used as a land-based C-RAM system such as the Centurion? I imagine if it's having trouble with harpoon missiles that Mortars would be even harder, although perhaps the slower speed would make interception easier  🤔 

You could also use some of the code for the Harpoon, use it on the JASSM model you added in the last update and use it all to make an AGM-158C LRASM, but I'm guessing you've already thought of that.

Keep up the great work!

9 hours ago, SonicJohnBH said:

I gotta say these updates for Fleet Defender look really exciting! I wish there was a way to integrate it with the wonderful Arleigh Burke ships from the HAFM mod, but I imagine the amount of work that'd take would be too much, and that you'd need the cooperation of it's own creator to implement a system to load different missile types.

Still, as an upgrade to the vanilla ship-weapons these looks FANTASTIC and long overdue. The CIWS system sounds clever, and a lot less complicated/heavy than the ones i've seen before. Would the AI be accurate enough to be used as a land-based C-RAM system such as the Centurion? I imagine if it's having trouble with harpoon missiles that Mortars would be even harder, although perhaps the slower speed would make interception easier  🤔 

You could also use some of the code for the Harpoon, use it on the JASSM model you added in the last update and use it all to make an AGM-158C LRASM, but I'm guessing you've already thought of that.

Keep up the great work!

it's still need to adjust for missile speed and hit-box size. and ground C-RAM also considered but not right now work.

LRASM also planned.

some video about anti-ship missile test with type 052D destroyer from HAFM navy mod.

• Like 8

How does one go about setting up a custom map to work with the MAP SCREEN function on the AWS planes? I'm building a large scale Liberation mission for ANZACSAS's South Asia (the port from TOH) and I'm wondering if there's already a quick fix out there for it or if the process is relatively simple so I can do it myself.

8 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

How does one go about setting up a custom map to work with the MAP SCREEN function on the AWS planes? I'm building a large scale Liberation mission for ANZACSAS's South Asia (the port from TOH) and I'm wondering if there's already a quick fix out there for it or if the process is relatively simple so I can do it myself.

I've answered similar question before so should be in this thread. maybe you can search it.

3 hours ago, firewill said:

I've answered similar question before so should be in this thread. maybe you can search it.

A friend and I got it working but the mapscreen seems to be misaligned, and adjusting the worldSize parameter in the description.ext doesn't seem to fix it. Is there any way to manually fix issues like this? If you go by 10 digit grids, its off by about 0003800038 on a 122km map. 

Spoiler

CCEB984296C902603D31EF5C233C65B6A37AC000

In that image, the plane is sitting dead on 0,0. Any fixes you can think of?

Edit: For clarification, the worldSize command returns a size of 122880.

1 hour ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

A friend and I got it working but the mapscreen seems to be misaligned, and adjusting the worldSize parameter in the description.ext doesn't seem to fix it. Is there any way to manually fix issues like this? If you go by 10 digit grids, its off by about 0003800038 on a 122km map. 

Hide contents

In that image, the plane is sitting dead on 0,0. Any fixes you can think of?

Edit: For clarification, the worldSize command returns a size of 122880.

well that system was not designed for really big map like south asia in that time.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:42 PM, firewill said:

Ah, that's an understandable concern.

Would it at all be feasible to have an option in the AMS or I-TGT that toggle's BETWEEN local or global for specific situations?

This could also let people on the ground act as Forward Air Controllers/JTAC's for people flying your planes, similar to how your KGB tablet works now.

Also, are you planning on having Datalink support with the Fleet Defender systems? It'd be great to be able to coordinate targeting data from a jet to intercept anti-ship missiles with a Seasparrow like the F-35 is designed to do with US Navy ships in real life.

I don't know how your system is set up but what about creating the marker locally for each crew member via remoteExec?

9 hours ago, SonicJohnBH said:

Ah, that's an understandable concern.

Would it at all be feasible to have an option in the AMS or I-TGT that toggle's BETWEEN local or global for specific situations?

This could also let people on the ground act as Forward Air Controllers/JTAC's for people flying your planes, similar to how your KGB tablet works now.

Also, are you planning on having Datalink support with the Fleet Defender systems? It'd be great to be able to coordinate targeting data from a jet to intercept anti-ship missiles with a Seasparrow like the F-35 is designed to do with US Navy ships in real life.

that is already in the plan to improve the I-TGT in the future.

also using vanilla data-link capability, perhaps aircraft can detect and designate the missile target to the allied ship.

2 hours ago, runy888 said:

I don't know how your system is set up but what about creating the marker locally for each crew member via remoteExec?

well, i decided switching local-global feature already. but that's could be other option.

here's some updates and news

AWS 

v3.21
- ALQ-99 ECM pod now has rotor on nose, and it's rotate automatically.
- maintenance

F-14

- new HUD for F-14A/B by Eromi (it's still WIP!)
- 2 christmas special skins added(VF-31,VF-103)

EA-18G

- ALQ-99 rotor removed because ALQ-99 pod magazine model has rotor now.

Project Rhino

dec242019
- 2 christmas special skins added(VFA-103,VFA-106)

F/A-18 Legacy hornet

- 4 retro skins added inspired by F4F wildcat and F6F hellcat in WW2
US Navy F4F Wildcat 1942
USMC F4F Wildcat 1943
US Navy F6F Hellcat 1944
US Navy F6F Hellcat 1944 USS Enterprise

new F-14 HUD by Eromi, it's still WIP so some feature missing.

7E6308DC4A9ED426AEAA8CDAC1B01677B52B1723

and some Christmas special skins screenshots

0C6A01A0E7921521602E6D1A9FB55890093D634F

0C69C5C78EAEC67B0F4E193D470F9F95CCFF2F74

3ADC3EB40521B279E453E0E98B269E551FEF1315

F7CE47B2597436D54860C67825B9A899E1836957

retro skins for F/A-18 legacy hornet

859BB9A3D50BD15455C046A2E16D4BC6B1D01AB4

and here's some teaser images for new aircraft projects.

1.jpg?token-time=1578355200&token-hash=M

Project Flanker

1.jpg?token-time=1578355200&token-hash=k

Project Prowler(I took over the project from TeTeT.)

Merry Christmas!(here is Dec-24 christmas eve.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, firewill said:

here's some updates and news

AWS 

v3.21
- ALQ-99 ECM pod now has rotor on nose, and it's rotate automatically.
- maintenance

F-14

- new HUD for F-14A/B by Eromi (it's still WIP!)
- 2 christmas special skins added(VF-31,VF-103)

EA-18G

- ALQ-99 rotor removed because ALQ-99 pod magazine model has rotor now.

Project Rhino

dec242019
- 2 christmas special skins added(VFA-103,VFA-106)

F/A-18 Legacy hornet

- 4 retro skins added inspired by F4F wildcat and F6F hellcat in WW2
US Navy F4F Wildcat 1942
USMC F4F Wildcat 1943
US Navy F6F Hellcat 1944
US Navy F6F Hellcat 1944 USS Enterprise

new F-14 HUD by Eromi, it's still WIP so some feature missing.

7E6308DC4A9ED426AEAA8CDAC1B01677B52B1723

and some Christmas special skins screenshots

0C6A01A0E7921521602E6D1A9FB55890093D634F

0C69C5C78EAEC67B0F4E193D470F9F95CCFF2F74

3ADC3EB40521B279E453E0E98B269E551FEF1315

F7CE47B2597436D54860C67825B9A899E1836957

retro skins for F/A-18 legacy hornet

859BB9A3D50BD15455C046A2E16D4BC6B1D01AB4

and here's some teaser images for new aircraft projects.

1.jpg?token-time=1578355200&token-hash=M

Project Flanker

1.jpg?token-time=1578355200&token-hash=k

Project Prowler(I took over the project from TeTeT.)

Merry Christmas!(here is Dec-24 christmas eve.)

I can't wait for the flanker projects! 

Me too, can't wait for flankers!

Merry Christmas to you too!

FUCK yes, any hints on what sort of multicrew functionality the Prowler will have? Is there any chance all 4 crew would have something to do?