firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

073F33DD0D913F4A243D259F08354EA1EB64B390

2659B914301784AB82310D9867A0D06EC1794288

0D9F5FF0D8492C7468A5692AD88665303DBC9CF5

865E2BA3A096347C583E548798EF78EA977F5B32

FIR AWS : Joint Assault will have 2 skins for vanilla To-201 Shikra, based on Su-57 and Su-30SM scheme. it's can use via edit vehicle appearance or vehicle arsenal.

• Like 9

On 10/3/2019 at 9:22 AM, firewill said:

FIR AWS : Joint Assault will have....

Oh boy... this is gonna be good...VERY good.

• Like 1

F56ACBE2D74064EDCC547D5851F014E6642866DE

E6CD30AAF688B0876D7812BE0EF841EBE3F461B7

7123474DE1FDBDC8D8537F60A3DB752FB69D7346

Today we've got updates for AWS, F-16, F-2, F-14 and AC7 skin pack.

AWS update

v3.0 "Joint Assault"
- AWS integration for vanilla aircraft
aircraft list
F/A-181 Black Wasp II
A-164 Wipeout
To-199 Neophron
To-201 Shikra
A-143 Buzzard
A-149 Gryphon

- all weapons system using weapon class eventhandler, FCS.sqf is now obsolete.(no any script commands in FCS.sqf)
- 3 skins for F/A-181(from F/A-181E mod)
- 2 skins for To-201(based on Su-57, Su-30SM camo)

F-16 update

ROAD TO 2.0 PHASE 2

Common
- All F-16C/D base mod textures upgraded(2k textures are upgraded to 4k and detail added)
- FIR_F16_RS addon file is now belong F-16 skin pack 2 USAFE. it's should be there.
- new replacepilot function applied. when you select pilot type, it will change texture of pilot uniform too.

F-16C
- texture hiddenselection adjusted : tail(camo3) added* / cft selection renamed camo4.

*IMPORTANT : since 1.98, vertical tail is using different selection. so some user skin mods could be making disappear vertical tail. check the new skin templates for fix this problem.

Package Q

- new 4k textures
- pilot uniforms added

USAFE Falcon

- new 4k textures
- pilot uniforms added
- F-16 Ramstein skins now belong this mod.

Air National Guard

- new 4k textures
- pilot uniforms added

Arctic Front

- new 4k textures
- pilot uniforms added

20th FW

- new 4k textures
- pilot uniforms added

F-2 Update

ROAD TO 2.0 PHASE 2
- all aircrafts upgrade to 4k skins

F-14 Update

1.95a
- fixed : IR cover is will not appear on some variants for F-14A

AC7 Skin pack

- F-16 textures fixed
- Strider 1 for F-16 ,F-2 and F-14D

- Mage 1, Spare 7 for F-16

- Spare 6 for F/A-18F

also, AWS integation manual and magazine list now available with google document.

AWS Integration Manual – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jb8sj8uX4f-vQSKJlr55ckJq6AQ6ZM3LZLe9w4ACM40/edit?usp=sharing
AWS Magazine list : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZjECtR0yy-6cUN7KEoVTIV-sMwIpq5OBwS6Fqox_E0g/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

some examples of new replace pilot function

8469670F0C03C640B6DEBBA909B8AF9D38FE50D5

F-16C Aviano bird

70CE2AB87C25BB236556C143B81F99D2A0205812

F-16C Makos

322F360E458679728201436911D4C7A10493B717

F-16C Spare 15(in AC7 skin pack)

• Like 4

Awesome...but I'm a little confused on how to use this. Could you tell this old fart where to put what?

I placed a vanilla F-18 in a hangar, plus a carrier missile-rearm thing next to it... but no joy..????

EDIT: the targeting system and the ECM-JAMMER work once the engine is on, but I can't access the pylon loadouts GUI...

2 hours ago, zagor64bz said:

Awesome...but I'm a little confused on how to use this. Could you tell this old fart where to put what?

I placed a vanilla F-18 in a hangar, plus a carrier missile-rearm thing next to it... but no joy..????

EDIT: the targeting system and the ECM-JAMMER work once the engine is on, but I can't access the pylon loadouts GUI...

because AMS doesn't integrate to vanilla aircraft at this time, currently working some so called "AMS-Lite" for vanilla and others.

instead, you can use these script/mod for arming in game

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1867660876&searchtext=pylon+manager

6 minutes ago, firewill said:

because AMS doesn't integrate to vanilla aircraft at this time, currently working some so called "AMS-Lite" for vanilla and others.

instead, you can use these script/mod for arming in game

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to that "lite" version. The GUI I've been using along some of your jets is really great. 

BTW, I already know and use the great GOM script on vanilla Jets.

Is the Joint Assault update the one that's responsible for making the Firewill weapons available all across the board, even in aircrafts of other mods (like CUP, and pookie's for example)? I just aware of that this morning. I thought the update was only supposed for vanilla ones but now things get more exciting! Is it true that the last update make it happens?

3 hours ago, Bukain said:

Is the Joint Assault update the one that's responsible for making the Firewill weapons available all across the board, even in aircrafts of other mods (like CUP, and pookie's for example)? I just aware of that this morning. I thought the update was only supposed for vanilla ones but now things get more exciting! Is it true that the last update make it happens?

it's aimed to vanilla aircraft only, but did CUP and other mods works too? i didn't check it actually.

edit : just checked some CUP aircrafts can use AWS weapons, but not the system.

• Like 3

Yes, not the specific features like targeting system and gps guidance. Yes, CUP, sabre, all of them. I think Joint Assault makes all community plane mods that use of vanilla weapon integration become accessible to your munitions, becuz i aware that those planes with their own system features and weapons stay the way it is, for example RHS jets (mig29, su-25, etc). 

Whatever the case I'm more than happy to have this 😆 i can still use your munitions on them except gps guided like JDAM(it understandably shot me with error), pls don't change this 😁

2 hours ago, Bukain said:

Yes, not the specific features like targeting system and gps guidance. Yes, CUP, sabre, all of them. I think Joint Assault makes all community plane mods that use of vanilla weapon integration become accessible to your munitions, becuz i aware that those planes with their own system features and weapons stay the way it is, for example RHS jets (mig29, su-25, etc). 

Whatever the case I'm more than happy to have this 😆 i can still use your munitions on them except gps guided like JDAM(it understandably shot me with error), pls don't change this 😁

There is no reason to change for don't use it again.

GPS guidance error(especially some aircrafts not integrated)  is will be fixed in upcoming next update.

• Thanks 1

Do you like the agm-158 jassm? Whata great innovation of a munition! USAF have thousands of them in it's inventory, both normal and extended range. Do you like it? Do you have plan on it?

Also do you have plan on mk81 and it's laser guided variant the gbu-58? 

6 minutes ago, Bukain said:

Do you like the agm-158 jassm? Whata great innovation of a munition! USAF have thousands of them in it's inventory, both normal and extended range. Do you like it? Do you have plan on it?

Also do you have plan on mk81 and it's laser guided variant the gbu-58? 

calm down, there's still a lot of works to do.

• Haha 2

AWS updated

v3.0a
- some error messages fixed when using JDAM/GPS guided missile with incompatible aircraft 

note : CAUTION message on systemchat is not a bug!

• Thanks 1

Curious to see what kind of new aircraft you’re cooking up.  Any possibility of branching off and doing some helicopters as opposed to fixed wing?

I love the new systems you implement as well.  I think it would be sweet if you could do maybe an E-2D with some sort of interesting AWACS system.  I feel like that’s the one aircraft that has been largely ignored since A2 and the carrier deck feels fairly empty without it.  Obviously not asking you to do it, but maybe some food for thought

Keep up the awesome work.  Your aircraft are one of the big reasons I keep coming back to A3

• Like 1

I got Arma 3 when it first came out, and dropped it immediately. At the time the aircraft and air-combat systems were...not ideal, and steam workshop support wasn't a thing yet. I came back to it a couple weeks back because it seemed like stuff had matured based on some videos I saw on Youtube, and I was interested in getting some buddies together for Antistasi. We were all looking for mods, everyone finding something to fit their playstyle. I found YOUR mods, but my buddies insisted "all of those planes are in the CUP vehicles pack, most of them at least, we don't want to have to install another several gigabytes of mods". So we played without them, and while the vanilla Arma 3 aircraft and systems have definitely improved, there was still plenty missing. About a week into our Overthrow campaign I decided I'd try out your mods in a single-player game, just so my players wouldn't have to download it for the server. What I had expected to be a 20-minute test turned into an afternoon of trying every plane, every weapon, in as many scenarios as I could think of. Flying was finally GOOD in Arma, not just fun or realistic, but challenging and rewarding. It took some convincing, but I managed to get my buddies to install the base FIR-AWS mod and the Harpy, Lightning and Eagle mods. It completely changed our game. My players, none of them pilots or anything of the sort, were suddenly excited every time a new aircraft entered our inventory, they started looking up Hydra warhead types so we could figure out what the best loadout was for an operation, our Sniper DELIGHTED in sneaking into enemy territory in order to get us GPS digits for precision strikes on the I-TGT, and all of them appreciated that I could now give them some danger-close Hydra air-support with flechette warheads instead of explosive ones. Not only did it make the game better for me, the pilot, but the entire server has started to get a better appreciation for the flying aspect of Arma, with several even asking me to help them learn to fly.

I tell you all this because I know that these mods take a LOT of time, effort and I assume money for models, and I just want to reassure you that, for us at least, it has been 100% worth it. You have made one server and one group of friends' Arma experience infinitely better with your hard work.

So thank you.

"Apart from that, nothing is known about him. I was never able to find out what kind of a person he really was. But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces. That, perhaps, may be my answer." -AC0

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 10/13/2019 at 8:57 AM, islesfan186 said:

Curious to see what kind of new aircraft you’re cooking up.  Any possibility of branching off and doing some helicopters as opposed to fixed wing?

I love the new systems you implement as well.  I think it would be sweet if you could do maybe an E-2D with some sort of interesting AWACS system.  I feel like that’s the one aircraft that has been largely ignored since A2 and the carrier deck feels fairly empty without it.  Obviously not asking you to do it, but maybe some food for thought

Keep up the awesome work.  Your aircraft are one of the big reasons I keep coming back to A3

sadly not considering AWACS for now, and i saw Sabre did great work for C-2 and E-2 with model overhaul.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:25 AM, SonicJohnBH said:

I got Arma 3 when it first came out, and dropped it immediately. At the time the aircraft and air-combat systems were...not ideal, and steam workshop support wasn't a thing yet. I came back to it a couple weeks back because it seemed like stuff had matured based on some videos I saw on Youtube, and I was interested in getting some buddies together for Antistasi. We were all looking for mods, everyone finding something to fit their playstyle. I found YOUR mods, but my buddies insisted "all of those planes are in the CUP vehicles pack, most of them at least, we don't want to have to install another several gigabytes of mods". So we played without them, and while the vanilla Arma 3 aircraft and systems have definitely improved, there was still plenty missing. About a week into our Overthrow campaign I decided I'd try out your mods in a single-player game, just so my players wouldn't have to download it for the server. What I had expected to be a 20-minute test turned into an afternoon of trying every plane, every weapon, in as many scenarios as I could think of. Flying was finally GOOD in Arma, not just fun or realistic, but challenging and rewarding. It took some convincing, but I managed to get my buddies to install the base FIR-AWS mod and the Harpy, Lightning and Eagle mods. It completely changed our game. My players, none of them pilots or anything of the sort, were suddenly excited every time a new aircraft entered our inventory, they started looking up Hydra warhead types so we could figure out what the best loadout was for an operation, our Sniper DELIGHTED in sneaking into enemy territory in order to get us GPS digits for precision strikes on the I-TGT, and all of them appreciated that I could now give them some danger-close Hydra air-support with flechette warheads instead of explosive ones. Not only did it make the game better for me, the pilot, but the entire server has started to get a better appreciation for the flying aspect of Arma, with several even asking me to help them learn to fly.

I tell you all this because I know that these mods take a LOT of time, effort and I assume money for models, and I just want to reassure you that, for us at least, it has been 100% worth it. You have made one server and one group of friends' Arma experience infinitely better with your hard work.

So thank you.

"Apart from that, nothing is known about him. I was never able to find out what kind of a person he really was. But whenever they talked about him, they always had a slight smile on their faces. That, perhaps, may be my answer." -AC0

this make me encourage a lot, thanks the kind comment!

and plus, some changes for F-35B Armaverse 

E035CD4106FB2449D897120BE5DC1F96C574D3EE

(before)

6B7810D250BCC4CA6CE342C969BB819DCBB3F868

(after)

CFAC88089848D27894EB4F6249BACC0DE69173AD

engine intakes design changed, be more like real one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, firewill said:

sadly not considering AWACS for now, and i saw Sabre did great work for C-2 and E-2 with model overhaul.

this make me encourage a lot, thanks the kind comment!

and plus, some changes for F-35B Armaverse 

(before)

(after)

engine intakes design changed, be more like real one.

Yay!!!!! The grey one!!!! Thank you very much Firewill, your contributions are integral part of our Arma 3 gameplay! Don't forget you're making your fellow human beings around the world happy with your works, SonicJohn said it all!

Take care 👍

Edited by Dedmen
Removed images. Rule 14

Given the 4K for the F-16, is it planned for that to happend to more of your planes? The community i am part of love to use your planes as they are the best modded ones around.

But we also have a very strict size limit on the modpacks, so is it planned to make all your planes 4K and massive in size or just a few?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eyeless_Camper said:

Given the 4K for the F-16, is it planned for that to happend to more of your planes? The community i am part of love to use your planes as they are the best modded ones around.

But we also have a very strict size limit on the modpacks, so is it planned to make all your planes 4K and massive in size or just a few?

aircraft mods since late 2016 have 4k skins already(after A-10 mod). so, for now, F-14 and F-15 are planned to upgrade for 4k. eventually, it causes increase the file size. but like I said, the rest of mods already has 4k skin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

today AWS and F-35B Armaverse updated

FIR AWS

v3.1
- AMS-Lite alpha version added for vanilla aircrafts
aircraft list
F/A-181 Black Wasp II
A-164 Wipeout
To-199 Neophron
To-201 Shikra
A-143 Buzzard
A-149 Gryphon
MQ-4A Grey hawk / K40 Ababil-3 drone
MQ-12 Falcon
UCAV Sentinel

AMS-Lite video

AMS-Lite images

9C0F0EB59703B67F33C7553CE5699B9F2597398D

A83F701323E7020D911F98DA0602E16EDC0D15E1

5314E0BCAB57EB5C29B1737C615E7F734873DDA7

1B7F34BAB45CC6AFE55B18B564B0EAA6CDE9055A

53BEE6D5A6B149B567023D92E66162BBC6EC2B30

15F6EEF0A2E08C4AD3ED75682D7658E2BAC5C6D8

04B29CCA062EDB7BB531BAFAA419E97D65BDFB74

FA536C4D663F5AAED3F6079B82663CC75B9C11E0

73298E84A493AFB535FC8350F693E3E72F8E888A

also AWS integration manual in google drive has been updated for add AMS-Lite integration.

F-35B Armaverse

- air intake shape modified - be more like real thing.
- textures overhaul
- Arctic camo added

9BBD74B81EE0561D03CE51898BE30BD0A27EC683

626F8ADBC5FC5813C75065F973B9B7FFCE69ABE4

new cockpit from FC-37 source is will be include next update.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Hi Firewill,

the new arctic camo looks sick! Very good job! I am happy to hear the next update will include the new cockpit! I have some questions regarding the F35B. Will you add some scripts or features that are unique to the F35 series? I know you already have the ECM script for jamming radar guided missiles which is awesome but how about maybe something like off boresight missile calpabilities? Like for example with the help of the DAS system the F35 is able to lock onto and destroy aerial targets in a 360 degree radius when using for example the AIM-9X. Regardless of the answer I very much appreciate the new update for the F35 series as I think it would realistically be the main NATO Fighter Jet in 2035. Thank you very much!