firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

Can you make lau-131 and-61 for apkws white? Cuz i think they're intended to be white for apkws.

I have been in love with this so call "Free Fall LMM(lightweight multirole missile)" for not so long. It is indeed one of the most interesting weapon systems i have come across throughout these years. It is one of the developments by Thales Air Defense in their LMM family of weapon system. You guys might want to look it up if you love military aviation techs.

Unfortunately no one care about that small thing, still no armed force operate it as of right now. I once saw a photo of i think was a at-6 Texan 2 or super tucano, with those small things along the wing pylon. Very very beautiful!! They stuck up i think three of them on that single pylon! Very effective if you ask me

On 9/5/2019 at 9:03 PM, octop01 said:

@firewill 

I recently tried to host an arma 3 server with nitrado and just noticed you use the same bikey for all your addons. So if I understand this correctly I can just for example use the bikey of FIR AWS and your F35 or F22 should be accepted just fine?

basically yes. well i guess it's too late and too lots of mods for making every bisign and bikey for them for now.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:52 PM, Bukain said:

I have been in love with this so call "Free Fall LMM(lightweight multirole missile)" for not so long. It is indeed one of the most interesting weapon systems i have come across throughout these years. It is one of the developments by Thales Air Defense in their LMM family of weapon system. You guys might want to look it up if you love military aviation techs.

Unfortunately no one care about that small thing, still no armed force operate it as of right now. I once saw a photo of i think was a at-6 Texan 2 or super tucano, with those small things along the wing pylon. Very very beautiful!! They stuck up i think three of them on that single pylon! Very effective if you ask me

will consider it, but don't expect the work right now.

• Thanks 2

FIR AWS : Joint Assault

Joint Assault is codename for next AWS update, focused on weapons system integration to vanilla aircraft.

- Wipeout,Black Wasp II,Buzzard,Gryphon,Neophron and Shikra supported. UAVs will be later.

- Only UserAction and Eventhandler(for initialization some values) Classes modified.

- FCS eventhandler is will be replace to weapon based eventhandler. that mean, no longer FCS.sqf needed.

screenshots

07AFA2D7389E43C11F3D35361DC11E8AD5CFE4B8

A56775EE18DF263CA3AF771BDBA3E9289EDC6E24

8BD665A63778F8F92FFFCDE41541E12FC0D28FA8

482FA2F2FDC4B54B20300E31E8151AC3043BAE5A

EFC6F6CA0DFBD96E1420D1C31240E14B99CF86BC

4CFFBDAA2489AA81AE2E2E6E64AC363183652DDC

3248E18EF0458DC35F4CE41A6888E52E29651871

256BE66A16304A5BBB7596966CB5B860703BD84B

B05AD177BF475B5F0574058A4F1304BB6F3F3C5E

D0B246E6384D9AA7B709C998A6B3DE56F9EB43C6

62BC657D5635DBBCEFB5147ECCF5E48E443C8797

C998AB2191AF6F60DE22E56C14123BDDCC56A9E8

DC97BC1E1236A7793BA83B04BA6510468C5D163C

9A04A2033DE468B5E6A5A84ECDFAA072E5DBD197

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

This looks really good! A much deserved (and much needed) capability expansion for vanilla aircraft! Can't wait to employ different weapons in the Black Wasp!

You're the greatest! 

Will you also consider retexturing any particular vanilla planes in project joint assault? Like you did to BlackWaspii? Becaz imo the vanilla jet camo are.... hmm how can i say, *disgusting?*, yeah disgusting. Maybe they'll use those in 2035, but how about a imaginary war where Russia surprise the battlefield with it's classified attack jet. Of cuz I'm talking about Neophron(i can imagine a story where Russ do extreme upgrade  to it's yaks as replacement to su-25, like they initially planned). Fortunately bi gave me an option to get rid of their over-the-top camo in other jets. Though Shikra "blue" camo is still ugly in my eye, that may be complete personal opinion and some may still find it great. But i doubt anyone would happily play their imaginary modern day war(00-20) with these hex and digit camo on jets. Nato jets doesn't have any problem with me whatsoever, they just look great.

Anyway up to you dude. You're still the best!  The release of f-18 hornet, f-35, and su-25 are among the happiest moments throughout my arma 3 experience. Pure excitements!!:D Thank you for all your work

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bukain said:

You're the greatest! 

Will you also consider retexturing any particular vanilla planes in project joint assault? Like you did to BlackWaspii? Becaz imo the vanilla jet camo are.... hmm how can i say, *disgusting?*, yeah disgusting. Maybe they'll use those in 2035, but how about a imaginary war where Russia surprise the battlefield with it's classified attack jet. Of cuz I'm talking about Neophron(i can imagine a story where Russ do extreme upgrade  to it's yaks as replacement to su-25, like they initially planned). Fortunately bi gave me an option to get rid of their over-the-top camo in other jets. Though Shikra "blue" camo is still ugly in my eye, that may be complete personal opinion and some may still find it great. But i doubt anyone would happily play their imaginary modern day war(00-20) with these hex and digit camo on jets. Nato jets doesn't have any problem with me whatsoever, they just look great.

Anyway up to you dude. You're still the best!  The release of f-18 hornet, f-35, and su-25 are among the happiest moments throughout my arma 3 experience. Pure excitements!!:D Thank you for all your work

unfortunately there is no additional retexture file for aircraft. maybe some "skin pack" can do.

• Like 1

Any chance you're planning on adding the functionality for the F-15 where you can designate weapons for WSO control to your other two-seater planes? In love with the F-14, EA-18/G and the FA-18/F (from Rhino) but the inability to switch weapons over to the copilot is a bit of a hassle when you're avoiding editor placed objects.

21 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

Any chance you're planning on adding the functionality for the F-15 where you can designate weapons for WSO control to your other two-seater planes? In love with the F-14, EA-18/G and the FA-18/F (from Rhino) but the inability to switch weapons over to the copilot is a bit of a hassle when you're avoiding editor placed objects.

Rhino will have it eventually.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, firewill said:

Rhino will have it eventually.

What about the Growler, any chance of it showing up there?

1 hour ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

maybe after rhino but don't expect soon. and Tomcat is "RIO" so it's not designed for use weapons in "game system" due to RIO is not a gunner role actually. it was discussed long time ago, so maybe you can find why in previous posts.

• Like 1

I have a suggestion, if i may.  

Will you consider changing the colour of f-35b to more metallic grey (Olli's FC-37 Thunder mod has the color what I'm referring to) if it is a quick workaround? Or are the current available colors are your own personal preferences and make the way intentionally? Or you have a plan, but the works need more works/investments than i think (i don't have any modding or design experience)?

I always really appreciate your works, thank you.

8 minutes ago, Bukain said:

I have a suggestion, if i may.  

Will you consider changing the colour of f-35b to more metallic grey (Olli's FC-37 Thunder mod has the color what I'm referring to) if it is a quick workaround? Or are the current available colors are your own personal preferences and make the way intentionally? Or you have a plan, but the works need more works/investments than i think (i don't have any modding or design experience)?

I always really appreciate your works, thank you.

well that's why called F-35B "Armaverse".

that colors is my tastes but that doesn't mean colors will not adjust.

Hi Firewill,

first of all, thank you for your hard work and your lovely planes!

Do you have any plans for eastern origin aircraft like Russian or Chinese models in the future? The western aircraft are covered pretty extensively by the community, eastern counterparts are sparse.

1 hour ago, uzabit said:

Hi Firewill,

first of all, thank you for your hard work and your lovely planes!

Do you have any plans for eastern origin aircraft like Russian or Chinese models in the future? The western aircraft are covered pretty extensively by the community, eastern counterparts are sparse.

well, let's see.

we have mig-29, mig-25/31, mig-23, su-25,su-27,su-30,su-33,su-34,su-35 and su-57(or T-50 even now days called Su-57) from my knowledge.

I guess pretty numbers we have, don't we?

of course i have some plans for making other eastern but i think no need to rush.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, firewill said:

well, let's see.

we have mig-29, mig-25/31, mig-23, su-25,su-27,su-30,su-33,su-34,su-35 and su-57(or T-50 even now days called Su-57) from my knowledge.

I guess pretty numbers we have, don't we?

of course i have some plans for making other eastern but i think no need to rush.

Well, I think the Mig-29, T-50, Su-25, Su-34, Su-35 are covered with good/high quality. The Mig-Series/Flanker-Series in Firewill-quality would be a (my) dream, but it's all up to you. 😉

I'm happy with what we have already, not complaining. 🙂

6 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

5 hours ago, firewill said:

maybe after rhino but don't expect soon. and Tomcat is "RIO" so it's not designed for use weapons in "game system" due to RIO is not a gunner role actually. it was discussed long time ago, so maybe you can find why in previous posts.

The RIO in the F-14 had access to fire one weapon and one weapon alone. AIM-54 Phoenix.

i thought topic for F-14 RIO something is already finished years ago, but i just realized human is one of the species can forget and repeat again.

• Haha 1

Another issue I've come across in my testing; copilot of the Growler can't range the radar out past 4km. They can switch down to 2km but not anywhere else. Is this a glitch, intended or an engine issue?

29 minutes ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

Another issue I've come across in my testing; copilot of the Growler can't range the radar out past 4km. They can switch down to 2km but not anywhere else. Is this a glitch, intended or an engine issue?

that's a default if didn't set the panel range values in turret config. so not an issue nor glitch.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:35 PM, firewill said:

that's a default if didn't set the panel range values in turret config. so not an issue nor glitch.

Is there a way to get around this on a mission edit side of things, or would I need to go digging through the mod files?

12 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

Is there a way to get around this on a mission edit side of things, or would I need to go digging through the mod files?

just sit and wait the update.

4E37B48B806E0F09CBE813F7D6E08ADC614EB550

C18C989649B6CD75C3BD424F7FB44BD54016EDC5

327042FC4E9C4066C058386A638A1C0708D755C3

29B2A7FB67776AE2D0690B1AF4779780781FBEEC

20B456672F3C0BD6EA36295336E7065B038C00E3

FIR AWS : Joint Assault will have 3 skins(from my F/A-181E mod) for vanilla F/A-181 Black Wasp II, can use via edit vehicle appearance or vehicle arsenal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2019 at 10:30 PM, firewill said:

i thought topic for F-14 RIO something is already finished years ago, but i just realized human is one of the species can forget and repeat again.

That wasn't an opening of the Great Debate again, more so a tip of the hat to the pilot doing the weapons release.

19 minutes ago, firewill said:

FIR AWS : Joint Assault

REALLY looking forward to this!!!!