firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

Hello Firewill.

I am getting some error messages after firing the AGM 65H,s  lock on is fine and firing the first missile is fine but as you come around for another run these error messages appear.

E656330E508CFF95B5C4F449D44E6B8568A23F96

C3940E2327FD67ED0CE3943E423F1683049DE82C

9F9ABEA02606D95E35109A31EA92876B8DC6072A

2 hours ago, Mcnab.D said:

Hello Firewill.

I am getting some error messages after firing the AGM 65H,s  lock on is fine and firing the first missile is fine but as you come around for another run these error messages appear.

Thats an error with vcom ai I get the same thing 

7 hours ago, Mcnab.D said:

Hello Firewill.

looks like error from vcom ai. agm-65h or other maverick(except AGM-65B, A-10A only) doesn't use any script except fcs script via aircraft's eventhandler so there is nothing i can do for now.

thank you for the reply firewill its much appreciated. i will peel back the layers ( mods ) to get rid of this error. 

Thank you.

Hey there, so I'm kind of new to texturing in Arma 3 but I know the basics and have managed to successfully retexture things in-game. However, when trying to retexture the jacket/uniform with the templates provided on Armaholic, for the Pilot & Crew Pack addon, it doesn't align with the model properly, probably because I can't figure out how to get the left arm textures. I see it says the custom textures are disabled in the original post of this forum thread, I was just wondering if/when you'll update that or if I am doing something wrong myself?

Don't worry, I fixed the issue myself.

Thanks, Cole.

Edited by __Cole01

Hi I downloaded your mode a-10 and su-25. I have a problem with them in the DMG model. Both aircraft will survive a lot.

I tested it on the current version of the army and on the local servers as well as on the normal servers and also the editor (difficulty in the editor Veteran and I do not have the feature to reduce damage)

1. I tested with the RHS plane endured 6 titan hits without any damage.
2. I tested vanila and plus your mode and mode on weapon result same

3 ifv-5a Cheetah couldn't shoot me down whit missils. 

12 minutes ago, Avarax_SK said:

Hi I downloaded your mode a-10 and su-25. I have a problem with them in the DMG model. Both aircraft will survive a lot.

I tested it on the current version of the army and on the local servers as well as on the normal servers and also the editor (difficulty in the editor Veteran and I do not have the feature to reduce damage)

1. I tested with the RHS plane endured 6 titan hits without any damage.
2. I tested vanila and plus your mode and mode on weapon result same

3 ifv-5a Cheetah couldn't shoot me down whit missils. 

i guess already answered about that before. check the last quote in there

59 minutes ago, firewill said:

i guess already answered about that before. check the last quote in there

59 minutes ago, firewill said:

Thank you for your response. I primarily play with PVP (150-180 people) a- 10 and su-25 are best against RHS aircraft. That's why I'm looking for a replacement for these two machines, and your mode is perfect for that. The problem is DMG certainly understand that when pvp when you want to destroy a-10 or su-25. 5 or more missiles is a problem and I am not saying that the aircraft has a warning about aiming and flying missiles.

That's why I want to ask when do you plan to fix a DMG model because you answered it 4 months ago. Personally I understand that you have a lot but it is quite problematic with PVP or PVE

On 6/20/2019 at 6:48 PM, Avarax_SK said:

Thank you for your response. I primarily play with PVP (150-180 people) a- 10 and su-25 are best against RHS aircraft. That's why I'm looking for a replacement for these two machines, and your mode is perfect for that. The problem is DMG certainly understand that when pvp when you want to destroy a-10 or su-25. 5 or more missiles is a problem and I am not saying that the aircraft has a warning about aiming and flying missiles.

That's why I want to ask when do you plan to fix a DMG model because you answered it 4 months ago. Personally I understand that you have a lot but it is quite problematic with PVP or PVE

just like other things, maybe urgent for you, but that doesn't mean urgent for me too. busy with own life, busy with other things. looks like enough for explain.(latest update of something was may-03. and now jun-21)

other aircrafts include A-10,su-25 are will update of aircraft hitpoint system, just like F-16 applied already. it's take some time so can't tell you exactly when.

AWS updated

v2.88
- AWS_AMS_Disable command added

input AWS_AMS_Disable = true in init.sqf or initialization line on any object, this command give to player can't use AMS. it's still can press Open AMS button in action menu, but dialog is will not open.
- LANTIRN skin for F-14 version

Good afternoon Firewill. First off, love your work, our unit has been using your AV8B exclusively for several months now. I have a couple of questions/comments. 

Firstly, your munitions seems extremely powerful. For example, I can kill a MBT with a single APKWS, most GBUs will literally send an MBT airborne. Is this intentional?

Secondly, would it be possible to increase the zoom capability of your targeting pods? At any reasonable altitude locating certain things is extremely difficult. 

3 hours ago, 1stLt R. Bruce said:

Good afternoon Firewill. First off, love your work, our unit has been using your AV8B exclusively for several months now. I have a couple of questions/comments. 

Firstly, your munitions seems extremely powerful. For example, I can kill a MBT with a single APKWS, most GBUs will literally send an MBT airborne. Is this intentional?

Secondly, would it be possible to increase the zoom capability of your targeting pods? At any reasonable altitude locating certain things is extremely difficult. 

1. yep intentional.

2. it will be have more zoom options but not a "top-priority" work at this time.

• Like 1

Did you ever have any luck determining why your Black Wasp and Harpy reskins defaulted to the standard skin when using the "fold wings" attribute in the editor?

10 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

Did you ever have any luck determining why your Black Wasp and Harpy reskins defaulted to the standard skin when using the "fold wings" attribute in the editor?

don't use fold wings attribute in edit vehicle appearance. it will be change original skin automatically. you can find different fold wing checkbox in edit object when you double clicking on aircraft.

• Thanks 1

some time ago, my friend ask about can we place tanoa big hangar via eden editor, so here's little addon for that. 

released on first page, and steam workshop.

A486DEAC1FD74903D85C878C92D3C73A761FFBAC

FD8E2DED36EFA3E38BBDF97F9CC7F93F5A33D07D

also some notice wing trail or body trail doesn't work for any aircraft, include vanilla(like black wasp) after contact update.

• Thanks 2

While i know you like to work on other things more and knowing I have no right to demand anything from you, i would kindly ask if it is possible in the future to proritize working on the cockpit/model of your F35B. I say this because i am a HUGE fan of your F35B and I think that the whole feeling of this awesome aircraft would be massively improved by new aesthetics! 

On 7/30/2019 at 8:47 AM, firewill said:

"also some notice wing trail or body trail doesn't work for any aircraft, include vanilla(like black wasp) after contact update."

This issue has been fixed with the latest dev build. Some, but not all of your aircraft show wing vortices after the update. The issue is gone for vanilla (and rhs) aircraft.

It might be related to this reply by reyhard:

"Thanks for spotting it, it will be fixed in next stable patch. There was engine fix to "interpolate" command which broke expression which was previously working by miracle."

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2019 at 5:26 PM, uzabit said:

This issue has been fixed with the latest dev build. Some, but not all of your aircraft show wing vortices after the update. The issue is gone for vanilla (and rhs) aircraft.

It might be related to this reply by reyhard:

"Thanks for spotting it, it will be fixed in next stable patch. There was engine fix to "interpolate" command which broke expression which was previously working by miracle."

thanks the tip, it's fixed and will update when project legacy release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

many updates today due to fix wing vortices for each aircrafts

and from now on, any update news from other aircrafts will be post in here.

so could be long list today.

AWS

v2.9
- intergrated wing vortice, exhaust effect for my aircrafts
- LITENING, Sniper XR variants added for F/A-18
- maintenance

Pilotpack

- JHMCS + MBU-12/P variant added

Su-25SM3

- maintenance : new wing vortice and engine exhaust effect applied from AWS(wing vortice effect is working with Dev build for now)

F-35B Armaverse

- maintenance : new wing vortice and engine exhaust effect applied from AWS(wing vortice effect is working with Dev build for now)

A-10

Common
- skins, materials overhaul

AV-8B

F-2

F-14

F-15

- F-15C/E/K standard skin overhaul 

F-15 Legacy

F-15SE

F-16

1.97b

F-22

- new materials applied

F-23A

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

comment that when I try to select weaponry of any type of plane does not change. It is left by default the weaponry that has the plane

Greetings

10 hours ago, AtomicBoy said:

Hello,

comment that when I try to select weaponry of any type of plane does not change. It is left by default the weaponry that has the plane

Greetings

give me more detail so i can reproduce.

13 hours ago, firewill said:

give me more detail so i can reproduce.

Solved by removing these mod:

@NATO Overhauled [NIA]
@NIArms All in One - CUP Compatibility
@NIArms All in One - RHS Compatibility

I don't know which one is responsible.

A greeting.

On 9/1/2019 at 5:10 PM, AtomicBoy said:

Solved by removing these mod:

@NATO Overhauled [NIA]
@NIArms All in One - CUP Compatibility
@NIArms All in One - RHS Compatibility

I don't know which one is responsible.

A greeting.

I've just tested change some pylon setting with these mods but no problem found, and working well.

9 hours ago, firewill said:

I've just tested change some pylon setting with these mods but no problem found, and working well.

I reinstalled all the aircraft mod and FIR AWS now if it works, it was possibly not those addon

@firewill 

I recently tried to host an arma 3 server with nitrado and just noticed you use the same bikey for all your addons. So if I understand this correctly I can just for example use the bikey of FIR AWS and your F35 or F22 should be accepted just fine?