firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

Just out of curiosity, is changing the cockpit of your F35B a priority right now or are you focused on other stuff?

9 minutes ago, octop01 said:

Just out of curiosity, is changing the cockpit of your F35B a priority right now or are you focused on other stuff?

that's not a top priority,  so i'm working on other works right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been answered a bunch before, but how do I toggle the visors on the JHMCS and Scorpion?

5 hours ago, GAF Toby S. said:

Sorry if this has been answered a bunch before, but how do I toggle the visors on the JHMCS and Scorpion?

my aircrafts support toggle visor option when you get in. or also pilot unit from FIR Pilot&Crew pack also support toggle visor option.

Hello firewill

I'm first time to this forum.
Your work is awesome, I'm enjoying it so much. :smile_o:

Today, I found some new script commands related to the armament of aircraft added to development branch of Arma3.
It's interesting and useful for your script.
So, I came to introduce it. (You may already know...)

triggerAmmo

It triggers munition, so it will work the same as "munition setDamage 1;".

missileTarget  & missileTargetPos

These returns weapon's target (Object) or target position (Position in ASL).

setMissileTarget & setMissileTargetPos

These overwrite weapon's target (Object) or target position (Position in ATL).

I haven't yet test these commands whether it works on GBUs or CBUs.

But, I thought these commands are useful for your FCS script of AWS addon.

Perhaps, BI will improve current missile guidance system.

These commands are available on current development branch, v1.93 of ARMA3.

I hope this post helps your work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, firewill said:

my aircrafts support toggle visor option when you get in. or also pilot unit from FIR Pilot&Crew pack also support toggle visor option.

Do you plan to have the toggle visor option work with the Arma 3 Jets?

7 hours ago, michy_REV19 said:

Hello firewill

I'm first time to this forum.
Your work is awesome, I'm enjoying it so much. :smile_o:

Today, I found some new script commands related to the armament of aircraft added to development branch of Arma3.
It's interesting and useful for your script.
So, I came to introduce it. (You may already know...)

triggerAmmo

It triggers munition, so it will work the same as "munition setDamage 1;".

missileTarget  & missileTargetPos

These returns weapon's target (Object) or target position (Position in ASL).

setMissileTarget & setMissileTargetPos

These overwrite weapon's target (Object) or target position (Position in ATL).

I haven't yet test these commands whether it works on GBUs or CBUs.

But, I thought these commands are useful for your FCS script of AWS addon.

Perhaps, BI will improve current missile guidance system.

These commands are available on current development branch, v1.93 of ARMA3.

I hope this post helps your work.

thanks the notice, these command will give my life more easier. but i'm using stable build right now(due to multiplay game with friends.) so i'm just wait next update with these cool command. 

1 hour ago, GAF Toby S. said:

Do you plan to have the toggle visor option work with the Arma 3 Jets?

i'll take a look.

Do you plan on adding more custom decals? Like an CDF or AAF Insignia to simulate your jets on their side?

9 hours ago, octop01 said:

Do you plan on adding more custom decals? Like an CDF or AAF Insignia to simulate your jets on their side?

you can add own custom decals via description.ext in mission on further update.(custom decal from mission is currently temporary disabled)

Could you add an option to your planes (in the unit attributes) so we can set the different insignia in the editor, instead of having to stop the plane at an airport. It would be nice to have AI controlled jets already at the mission start with custom insignia. As of right now, only human players can do it in-game.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dallas Medina said:

Could you add an option to your planes (in the unit attributes) so we can set the different insignia in the editor, instead of having to stop the plane at an airport. It would be nice to have AI controlled jets already at the mission start with custom insignia. As of right now, only human players can do it in-game.

only for player right now. maybe next time for AI.

AWS updated

v2.87a
- penetration values adjusted for mavericks

Is there a reason why i can not change the HMD color in the F35B but in the F16 for example?

10 hours ago, octop01 said:

Is there a reason why i can not change the HMD color in the F35B but in the F16 for example?

because didn't add it.

Well okay I guess that is the reason xD

Hi Firewill I have some more useful useless comments about your work and minor bugs to point out.

I love the F-15B Strike Eagle demonstrator aircraft with the green camo it flew with back in 1980 due to the crazy bomb load it can haul. Yet to the best of my knowledge the CBU loadout for it is a bit incorrect. On the wing pylons the multiple-ejector racks only ever carried four CBUs each on the outer and center stations. I don't know what weight those wing pylons are rated for but ensuring enough clearance for payload separation was probably a factor.

On the F-15A through F-15D those wing pylons are rated to carry up to six Mark 82s on a MER but I've never seen a photograph that clearly shows if that particular F-15B was carrying 4 or 6 on the wing MERs when flown in that "all Mark 82" configuration. It's possible that they kept the inner MER stations clear for separation clearance.

This rear cockpit of F-15B 71-0291 during this testing was also different from a usual F-15B or F-15D. It had four display panels but not the same MFD type as on the eventual F-15E. It probably isn't worth the effort to model this change however.

Anyway a minor bug I ran across the gun smoke and flash from the 20mm cannon on the F/A-181 appears on one of the wing roots when the gun's location is evidently in the nose like an F/A-18. 

Also if/when you do get around to updating your excellent F-15SE Silent Eagle pack I'd really love an option for the turkey feathers on the engine nozzle. That reduced RCS airframe doesn't look right without them. It's different from the F-15SE I know but most of Boeing's promo stuff for their current offering of the less ambitious F-15X/F-15EX show the fighter with them.

If Boeing is going to keep offering updated F-15s they ought to combine the F-15SE with the wing envisioned for the F-15U which was a McDonnell Douglas project from forever ago. Of course they'd be better off with something completely new to offer the Air Force or Navy.

6 hours ago, reconteam said:

Hi Firewill I have some more useful useless comments about your work and minor bugs to point out.

I love the F-15B Strike Eagle demonstrator aircraft with the green camo it flew with back in 1980 due to the crazy bomb load it can haul. Yet to the best of my knowledge the CBU loadout for it is a bit incorrect. On the wing pylons the multiple-ejector racks only ever carried four CBUs each on the outer and center stations. I don't know what weight those wing pylons are rated for but ensuring enough clearance for payload separation was probably a factor.

On the F-15A through F-15D those wing pylons are rated to carry up to six Mark 82s on a MER but I've never seen a photograph that clearly shows if that particular F-15B was carrying 4 or 6 on the wing MERs when flown in that "all Mark 82" configuration. It's possible that they kept the inner MER stations clear for separation clearance.

This rear cockpit of F-15B 71-0291 during this testing was also different from a usual F-15B or F-15D. It had four display panels but not the same MFD type as on the eventual F-15E. It probably isn't worth the effort to model this change however.

Anyway a minor bug I ran across the gun smoke and flash from the 20mm cannon on the F/A-181 appears on one of the wing roots when the gun's location is evidently in the nose like an F/A-18. 

Also if/when you do get around to updating your excellent F-15SE Silent Eagle pack I'd really love an option for the turkey feathers on the engine nozzle. That reduced RCS airframe doesn't look right without them. It's different from the F-15SE I know but most of Boeing's promo stuff for their current offering of the less ambitious F-15X/F-15EX show the fighter with them.

If Boeing is going to keep offering updated F-15s they ought to combine the F-15SE with the wing envisioned for the F-15U which was a McDonnell Douglas project from forever ago. Of course they'd be better off with something completely new to offer the Air Force or Navy.

1. i know. but you know.. that's cool.

2. some bombs for F-15A/B is based on F-15 armament handbook by McDonnell Douglas in 1979. 

3. that's not a bug. just my m61 vulcan gun smoke effect is using different mem point name. so smoke is generate at [0,0,0]

4. at least F-15SE doesn't show any turkey feather or something so answer is no. maybe F-15X/EX can be.

and plus, any comments about F-15 is would be go to F-15 thread, not here.

My mistake, I'll post in the correct thread from now on regarding the F-15 and other aircraft packs.

About the F/A-181's 20mm gun perhaps "bug" was the wrong term to use. The effects from the gun just do not correspond with the location of the gun port on the aircraft's 3D model which is located on the nose and not in the wing root.

1 hour ago, reconteam said:

My mistake, I'll post in the correct thread from now on regarding the F-15 and other aircraft packs.

About the F/A-181's 20mm gun perhaps "bug" was the wrong term to use. The effects from the gun just do not correspond with the location of the gun port on the aircraft's 3D model which is located on the nose and not in the wing root.

last time i tested, muzzle flash appeared at gun port, gun smoke was generated center of body. like i said, smoke effect is generate [0,0,0] - center of body due to using different memory point for effect. 

Looks like I was mistaken about the muzzle flash. But why is a different memory point used for the smoke effect? Sorry my ArmA 3 modelling knowledge is very limited so that may be a stupid question to you.

3 hours ago, reconteam said:

Looks like I was mistaken about the muzzle flash. But why is a different memory point used for the smoke effect? Sorry my ArmA 3 modelling knowledge is very limited so that may be a stupid question to you.

nothing. just modder's taste.

I have one small issue with planes that use variable zoom.

Occasionally it gets stuck on max zoom.

Don't know if this is an issue on my end or the mod.

I haven't heard it anywhere else. 

14 minutes ago, BonSie said:

I have one small issue with planes that use variable zoom.

Occasionally it gets stuck on max zoom.

Don't know if this is an issue on my end or the mod.

I haven't heard it anywhere else. 

i don't know which zoom, but have you tried press numpad - key twice? sometime I've got similar max zoom stucked when i play infantry mission.

14 minutes ago, firewill said:

i don't know which zoom, but have you tried press numpad - key twice? sometime I've got similar max zoom stucked when i play infantry mission.

When lowering zoom stages the stages from 2.7x to 0.2x are variable on what looks like all your planes. (F-16 and harrier atleast)

But after some time it goes from 2.7x to the max of 8.6x, I don't know what causes it and I can reproduce it as it comes out of nowhere.

Huge fan of this aircraft series, amazing work put into each release the planes add so much to the game, though and i do apologize if this is against the rules or bothersome but one thing i would love to see done, maybe it being my own personal love for the movies but a How to train your dragon skin pack for the A10 or F16, again my apologies if this breaks any rules and will gladly remove this comment if so, again huge fan of this mod set and hope to see you going strong for years to come.