firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

53 minutes ago, reconteam said:

I see what you mean. Personally I have no problems with people working off existing concepts and designs to build something that's "semi-fictional" as long as it's not too crazy or unbelievable. I think BIS did a decent job with their F/A-181 of mixing elements of various US fighters for example. I must admit that side view you posted is cool looking.

If Firewill was looking to do anything more with the F-14 I'd again have to suggest doing a fictional "F-14E" using elements of the ST-21 design first. The only significant changes to the external airframe profile that I'm aware of was the reshaping of the wing root area (where the glove vanes were on the F-14A/B) to carry additional fuel, and a new canopy that provided better frontal visibility. There would be some basic treatment to reduce radar cross section similar to what has been done for the F-16 and other fighters but nothing extensive like what was envisioned for the ASF-14 or NATF. Engines were to be F110-GE-129s which offered a significant increase in thrust over the earlier variant used on the F-14B/D. Besides for that it would be a matter of simulating the improved avionics, new cockpit with multicolor MFDs, HMDs, etc, and new weapon systems. The AIM-152 which was intended for the F-14D should be one of them but they hadn't down-selected to one contractor team before it was cancelled. Personally I favor the somewhat more conventional Hughes design.

Firewill don't view this as me asking for anything I'm mostly just using this as an opportunity to ramble on about the Tomcat and what could have been. The mess of 1990s NAVAIR procurement is a somewhat interesting subject.

unfortunately i don't like ST-21 design too, because new glove design is looks ugly to me(i know it is for adding more fuel). i like just original tomcat design A to D, straight line of beauty when wings swept.

well, it's just my own opinion. but other things looks cool.

5 hours ago, reconteam said:

I see what you mean. Personally I have no problems with people working off existing concepts and designs to build something that's "semi-fictional" as long as it's not too crazy or unbelievable. I think BIS did a decent job with their F/A-181 of mixing elements of various US fighters for example. I must admit that side view you posted is cool looking.

If Firewill was looking to do anything more with the F-14 I'd again have to suggest doing a fictional "F-14E" using elements of the ST-21 design first. The only significant changes to the external airframe profile that I'm aware of was the reshaping of the wing root area (where the glove vanes were on the F-14A/B) to carry additional fuel, and a new canopy that provided better frontal visibility. There would be some basic treatment to reduce radar cross section similar to what has been done for the F-16 and other fighters but nothing extensive like what was envisioned for the ASF-14 or NATF. Engines were to be F110-GE-129s which offered a significant increase in thrust over the earlier variant used on the F-14B/D. Besides for that it would be a matter of simulating the improved avionics, new cockpit with multicolor MFDs, HMDs, etc, and new weapon systems. The AIM-152 which was intended for the F-14D should be one of them but they hadn't down-selected to one contractor team before it was cancelled. Personally I favor the somewhat more conventional Hughes design.

Firewill don't view this as me asking for anything I'm mostly just using this as an opportunity to ramble on about the Tomcat and what could have been. The mess of 1990s NAVAIR procurement is a somewhat interesting subject.

I'm in the same boat as you, there.

Well, that being said about the AIM-152, the AIM-120D comes pretty close to fulfilling that role.

2 hours ago, Brett Staats said:

Hey firewill what happened to the uh80r mod 

it's gone.

AGM-65 Maverick Renewal

9D87A37650F803A1949F2CC013D89678442B9E2F

AGM-65G

EB7967F6E690C07AC76801C7ABBC093DB4CF7085

AGM-65D

3B73E272F3230E173AAA2B9D0E7497B7E41995A1

AGM-65H

2298D4ADA19FA6CE75A9D520AE53DC8DCE695268

AGM-65K

4E802F96849370E85FDDF01F1272FAFB37ED2D47

AGM-65L

new variant will be add

AGM-65F (IIR, Navy)

AGM-65E/E2(Laser, Marine and Navy)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

What kind of weapon does the AN / AWW-13 ADLP interact with on the F-16?

q3VgsIr-Lzw.jpg

There are some problems with the description of the weapons, some elements are not English text.

TkwociCZl0s.jpg

Ciao master Firewill.

Sorry for the question: but I really like your YF-23 (good plane btw) there are some skins of it? I know in your ACE C7 there are, but I mean, there are other packs? Thank you master, always appreciate your jobs!

11 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

Will they have penetration and spalling configs added? 😄

already some penetrator applied into AGM-65 in v2.84

8 hours ago, ArturBog3 said:

What kind of weapon does the AN / AWW-13 ADLP interact with on the F-16?

There are some problems with the description of the weapons, some elements are not English text.

that's why you didn't read previous page like page 46.

and second, i'm making some descriptions with Stringtable.xml, that's still WIP and currently only support English, Korean and Japanese.

looks like you're using Russian so i guess it's display <Original> section, wrote with korean.

8 hours ago, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Ciao master Firewill.

Sorry for the question: but I really like your YF-23 (good plane btw) there are some skins of it? I know in your ACE C7 there are, but I mean, there are other packs? Thank you master, always appreciate your jobs!

no additional skin pack for F-23 at this time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazing!.. now we can defeat those pesky Russian tanks with missiles! >:D

While testing the damage effect they have is effective in defeating tanks, but it's crew still survives, ah well so long as the tank dies it's alright!

Also noticed during testing the A-10's TGP camera position is a bit more forward than the TGP itself so you can basically LOOK at the camera itself

21 minutes ago, Poentis.K said:

Amazing!.. now we can defeat those pesky Russian tanks with missiles! >:D

While testing the damage effect they have is effective in defeating tanks, but it's crew still survives, ah well so long as the tank dies it's alright!

Also noticed during testing the A-10's TGP camera position is a bit more forward than the TGP itself so you can basically LOOK at the camera itself

that position of tgp camera is intended.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, firewill said:

that position of tgp camera is intended.

interesting. welp okay.
Did further testing and I thought I was losing my mind and did something wrong setting up the mods but.. I think all your aircraft only have a radar range of 2.0 km. It's hard to do beyond line-of-sight engagements if I can't even track them.

5 hours ago, firewill said:

вот почему вы не читали предыдущую страницу, как страницу 46.

I read what you wrote and watched the video, but the menu on the F-16 allows you to select AN / AWW-13, so I had questions.

I would also like to know from you on the future presence of a SLAM-EP on the F-16, whether it is planned to be placed on this aircraft. As far as I understand the Turkish Air Force and the UAE have this system for these aircraft.

5245861894_7694bb2e56_b.jpg

5 hours ago, Poentis.K said:

interesting. welp okay.
Did further testing and I thought I was losing my mind and did something wrong setting up the mods but.. I think all your aircraft only have a radar range of 2.0 km. It's hard to do beyond line-of-sight engagements if I can't even track them.

you can increase range of sensor panel press L/R Ctrl(depend on panel position left/right) + [ or ] if not, check your keybinding.

4 hours ago, ArturBog3 said:

I read what you wrote and watched the video, but the menu on the F-16 allows you to select AN / AWW-13, so I had questions.

I would also like to know from you on the future presence of a SLAM-EP on the F-16, whether it is planned to be placed on this aircraft. As far as I understand the Turkish Air Force and the UAE have this system for these aircraft.

SLAM-ER is will be available for F-16. it was already planned in before but always forgot to work actually. well, now definitely remember of that.

• Thanks 2

AWS updated

v2.86
- AGM-65 renewal : AGM-65B/D/G/H/K/L
- new AGM-65 variant : AGM-65F/AGM-65E/E2
- LAU-88 / LAU-117 maverick rail renewal
- CBU-87 syntax error fixed
- F-16 now can use AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER
- maintenance

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@firewill I think should be delete the Original from Stringtable. Because if exist Original in Stringtable, it's used when running in an another language. This is why appeared Korean even the game is running on Russian.
also, more then better to set English as the first one, as the first one listed is used by Stringtable.

49 minutes ago, classic said:

@firewill I think should be delete the Original from Stringtable. Because if exist Original in Stringtable, it's used when running in an another language. This is why appeared Korean even the game is running on Russian.
also, more then better to set English as the first one, as the first one listed is used by Stringtable.

Or change korean to english in Original section so other language users can read english. and also english is first(except original), korean is second and japanese is last in stringtable.

thanks the tip, i'm not used to using stringtable.xml actually so need to more work.

@firewill  

What is the Radar-Cross Section of your F35B? Is it higher or lower than the 0.6 of the stealth dedicated F/A-181?

13 hours ago, octop01 said:

@firewill  

What is the Radar-Cross Section of your F35B? Is it higher or lower than the 0.6 of the stealth dedicated F/A-181?

similar with f/a-181 i guess.

radartargetsize value is 0.2 for my F-22, F-35B

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, firewill said:

similar with f/a-181 i guess.

radartargetsize value is 0.2 for my F-22, F-35B

Thank you very much!

AWS updated

v2.87
- texture fixed for a-10 sidewinder dual rail
- hydra 70/apkws rockets are available to use for Vanilla and RHS US helicopters(Pawnee, Blackfoot, AH-64D,AH-1Z and UH-60M tested)
- maintenance

05A19E8B6121751845B6981239F352F6F54F6B4B

APKWS on blackfoot : due to blackfoot's proxy position, rocket pods are little back than other.

32A96C47474A486706DF83C1EC58ED32F4DD094E

57B4F4D4F7BB1B2DE4FBEE4B75CCCFBE2EBA5B47

72D08BE12481A4ADB9741D92165AF066265B2937

AWS rockets now available to use for some RHS helicopters.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Ur2Ihv2.png

FqRWkmb.jpg

Oez0Jtn.jpg

BSzvH8G.jpg

l2zrGpd.jpg

In Season 5 of the TV military court drama "JAG", United States Navy Lieutenant Commander Harmon Rabb, Jr, regains active flight status. As seen in the first episode (5x01 "King of the Greenie Board"), he is posted to the (fictitious) Fighter Squadron VF-218 "Raptors" aboard the (again, fictitious) U.S.S. Patrick Henry. Upon arrival to the squadron, he was given the unglamorous callsign "Pappy", as he was an older aviator than most in the squadron, and it was his second time being designated as a line officer and naval aviator.

During a reconnaissance mission over Kosovo, Harm's wingman was carrying the TARPS pod, and was battle damaged on their photo pass. His wingman's F-14 was damaged to a degree where they were losing airspeed and could not keep the aircraft aloft. Harm had his wingman extend their arrestor (tail) hook of his aircraft, and using the windshield of his own Tomcat, Harm succeeded in pushing the stricken F-14 to the point where the aircrew could make a "Feet Wet" ejection, and their safe rescue.

After carrying out this feat and returning to the U.S.S. Patrick Henry, the CAG had informed the squadron aircrew of Harm's father, who was shot down on Christmas Eve of 1969 in an F-4J Phantom II. They presented Harm with his helmet, saying "You're far too young to have the callsign 'Pappy'!" His helmet had a piece of tape over "Pappy" and was handwritten his father's callsign, "Hammer".

This skin is in homage to a wonderful TV series, which highlighted the F-14 Tomcat's stardom back into mainstream again, nearly ten years after the movie "Top Gun". There is some creative detailing of the Squadron tail art, as the squadron is fictitious, but I think it will suffice rather well.

With your permission, @firewill, I'd like to release this for public use.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShadowSix said:

In Season 5 of the TV military court drama "JAG", United States Navy Lieutenant Commander Harmon Rabb, Jr, regains active flight status. As seen in the first episode (5x01 "King of the Greenie Board"), he is posted to the (fictitious) Fighter Squadron VF-218 "Raptors" aboard the (again, fictitious) U.S.S. Patrick Henry. Upon arrival to the squadron, he was given the unglamorous callsign "Pappy", as he was an older aviator than most in the squadron, and it was his second time being designated as a line officer and naval aviator.

During a reconnaissance mission over Kosovo, Harm's wingman was carrying the TARPS pod, and was battle damaged on their photo pass. His wingman's F-14 was damaged to a degree where they were losing airspeed and could not keep the aircraft aloft. Harm had his wingman extend their arrestor (tail) hook of his aircraft, and using the windshield of his own Tomcat, Harm succeeded in pushing the stricken F-14 to the point where the aircrew could make a "Feet Wet" ejection, and their safe rescue.

After carrying out this feat and returning to the U.S.S. Patrick Henry, the CAG had informed the squadron aircrew of Harm's father, who was shot down on Christmas Eve of 1969 in an F-4J Phantom II. They presented Harm with his helmet, saying "You're far too young to have the callsign 'Pappy'!" His helmet had a piece of tape over "Pappy" and was handwritten his father's callsign, "Hammer".

This skin is in homage to a wonderful TV series, which highlighted the F-14 Tomcat's stardom back into mainstream again, nearly ten years after the movie "Top Gun". There is some creative detailing of the Squadron tail art, as the squadron is fictitious, but I think it will suffice rather well.

With your permission, @firewill, I'd like to release this for public use.

JAG huh? well, i didn't saw every episodes but that was nice drama.

anyway, you don't need to my permission for publish your nice skin work.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, firewill said:

JAG huh? well, i didn't saw every episodes but that was nice drama.

anyway, you don't need to my permission for publish your nice skin work.

Thanks mate, I might not need permission, but I'd rather ask just the same, out of respect for your amazing work. 🙂

• Like 2