firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

you legend, fook christmas where can i download this. Merry Christmas to you and all your family

• Like 2

Great job as always but the F-35 is detectable by enemy AA..  Maybe it’s not possible to make it stealth due to game engine limitations.

And Happy Holidays to everyone!

@nikiforos "Stealth" isn't some magic bullet. Even the stealthiest aircraft can be detected at close range by modern radars, especially with external pylons and weapons mounted. What it does do is make it much more of pain in the ass to keep it detected long enough to score a hit. USAF sparring between Vipers and F-22s was described by the F-16 pilots as eerie; it was right there in front of you, but you couldn't hold a radar lock or an IR lock long enough.

Try placing an F/A-181 normal and stealth in front of you and see which one is detected first, and that you will detect both

18 hours ago, nikiforos said:

Great job as always but the F-35 is detectable by enemy AA..  Maybe it’s not possible to make it stealth due to game engine limitations.

And Happy Holidays to everyone!

stealth is not a cloaking like ghost in starcraft game. just hard to find, and hard to lock on just like Hvymtal said. but Arma can simulate similarly with radartargetsize, irtargetsize etc

AC7 skin pack updated

- new skins
  F/A-18F - Trigger,Spare 15, Spare 8 and Mobius 1(IUN)

BFDC03A32F89E7200774A598B5834B8EA88EB1DE

729DED0041DA4852481E0108A8EA217571C50A8A

903B56C7004EFE069E7D5B2AC69A6A371331BC8D

• Like 9

Thank you very much for your F35B Firewill, you are doing god's work my friend. I am not gonna lie, you just made me play Arma 3 again. I was waiting for the F35B to be released by the USAF mod team but it seems that they have few spare time to work on their excellent projects so unfortunately no update has been released yet. 

Your F35B has excellent handling and in this case reminds me very much of the one i frequently piloted in Arma 2 which is awesome. I also like that, similiar to your other aircrafts, it has quite some speed and acceleration so it really feels like a powerful jet unlike the vanilla jets. 

In the steam workshop you mentioned: "i know this is "NOT A REAL F-35B", but i've try to more closer to real one."

What exactly do you mean with this? Apart from some very minor details, your F35B seems quite accurate to me. 

Thank you again for your awesome work. 

@octop01 If my understanding is correct then this -- along with some others such as my years-old port, CUP's improvements on mine, Aegis' F-38 Widowmaker, and Ex3B's F-35F -- is derived from the Arma 2 model which was based off of the X-35B, so modders after me resorted to various visual changes to have theirs more closely resemble the F-35B (e.g. mine benefited from mankyle merging the lift fan door sections and changing the animation from what Arma 2 had).

lot of updates today

AWS

v2.81
- New ADES Menu and system maintenance
- laser guided bombs can lock on to IR grenade
- External Targeting pods now has own Laser designator.
- Maintenance : some old scripts has been removed. (expected errors for some mods if they use old scripts)

F/A-181E

- maintenance : new ADES Interface integrated

Su25SM3

MQ-81

F-35B Armaverse

- new 2 blank skins

551FA6C3E2FBCCACD28BE35E8B3C186E9473B0CA

blank 2(blank 1 is just standard color)

• Like 2

your second blank skin is getting nearer the mark. i hope this maybe of some use too you. = 

- laser guided bombs can lock on to IR grenade

I know you're pretty detailed with realism additions to your mods, but curious...did you add this just for playability?

7 hours ago, gatordev said:

I know you're pretty detailed with realism additions to your mods, but curious...did you add this just for playability?

actually, yes.

16 hours ago, firewill said:

actually, yes.

I figured.  I guess I should have asked the next question...will this work for AI controlled planes if the player throws down an IR device?

Just noticed that on the F/A-181 skins, if you check the attribute to fold wings, the skin changes to the default A3 one and gets rid of whatever skin you have selected.  Same with the MQ-81

The F-35 is handling so nice, but its pretty much impossible to shoot down by enemy. Try use it with multible enemy AA units it outruns any aa missile. :)

7 hours ago, gatordev said:

I figured.  I guess I should have asked the next question...will this work for AI controlled planes if the player throws down an IR device?

yeah i tested it. and i blow up because too short to throwing.

5 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

Just noticed that on the F/A-181 skins, if you check the attribute to fold wings, the skin changes to the default A3 one and gets rid of whatever skin you have selected.  Same with the MQ-81

okay, i'll take a look about this

5 hours ago, [hud]dorph said:

The F-35 is handling so nice, but its pretty much impossible to shoot down by enemy. Try use it with multible enemy AA units it outruns any aa missile. :)

F-35, F-22 and F-23A have "AUTO ECM", it's jamming the enemy "radar guided" missile 90% of chance.

I tried searching to no luck and was brought here. Awesome mod. Using it on exile server. 

Is there a way to add AMS to be available on the stock Arma 3 aircraft?

Also  the targeting pod on the A10 is very limited (no zoom, vision modes or laser) is that on purpose?

Thanks

@firewill Problem report: First off what a beautiful f35 I actually like it quite well how ever when this mod is loaded onto our server it throws an error. saying    No entry.model   

Hopefully this will be looked into and yes we are sure of this being the issue once we removed it from the server our server started to work again. Thanks hopefully this will be fixed soon I love it <3 :)

5 hours ago, Col.Williams said:

@firewill Problem report: First off what a beautiful f35 I actually like it quite well how ever when this mod is loaded onto our server it throws an error. saying    No entry.model   

Hopefully this will be looked into and yes we are sure of this being the issue once we removed it from the server our server started to work again. Thanks hopefully this will be fixed soon I love it <3 :)

i've just test in dedi but nothing found like you said.(but i found other minor issue but not a critical to play) could you check again? 

16 hours ago, firewill said:

i've just test in dedi but nothing found like you said.(but i found other minor issue but not a critical to play) could you check again? 

Sure thing It will be a little while but I will get back to you. Ill take screen shots of the logs on my dedicated server it could also be conflicting with the other mods we are running.

Why don't you combine all the mods into one pack? I think it would be easier to have one subscription in the workshop than several.

6 hours ago, Col.Williams said:

@firewill  http://prntscr.com/m6etw9  here is a print screen image of my logs showing the  error i talked about after removing it from my dedi it works fine im not sure.

hmm i didn't see that maybe need check again. it's might be mod conflict issue, thanks the heads up

7 hours ago, SaintPOTATO said:

Why don't you combine all the mods into one pack? I think it would be easier to have one subscription in the workshop than several.

1. not everyone use all my mods.

2. even one mod doing update,bug fix or release, it's need to update aka "mega pack" too. well, i'm very lazy person so i don't want doing same thing 3~4 times when update/release.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, firewill said:

hmm i didn't see that maybe need check again. it's might be mod conflict issue, thanks the heads up

1. not everyone use all my mods.

2. even one mod doing update,bug fix or release, it's need to update aka "mega pack" too. well, i'm very lazy person so i don't want doing same thing 3~4 times when update/release.

Of course and also have you ever thought of making your own version of the C-5 , C-17 and B-52 bomber? I would be really excited to try out a B-52. No one has created one yet for arma3 it would be awesome. Thanks!

if it is not too much work could you make your mod compatible with SABRE since the armor doesn't even stop small calibers anymore when having both sabre and fir active

@firewillHey first thank you for your awesome work and everything! Especially the F-14. Love it to bits.

But sadly there seems to be an error with your ATMS. When you crash it, it spawns a lot of the equipped ACMI Tacts Pods instead of deleting them.

That causes at least a Client side game crash and is horrible on the server performance.

Here are two pictures of what i mean https://imgur.com/a/82gTtzU